LOTROCommunity

Is there anyone else here still enjoying LOTRO?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When everything works, I enjoy the game every time I log on. But when nearly every session has lag that makes everything but crafting nearly impossible, my ability to enjoy the game is limited.

I actually think Moria is great - just I want to see some new content. Haven't tried it after the revamp, but don't like them making it easy. It was fine. Never fell or minded the many mobs. I'll go back and get into the game some time - just somehow can't get into it. The item / storage issues always bugged me a lot.

I always liked the original Moria. The revamp has actually put me off of it, though - I'd rather take an alt through the dark, confusing, mob-littered Moria than the fancy new bright, "hold my hand, please" version that we have now.

I took the subway train through Moria.

If you pay a little bit extra they serve snacks.

I always liked the original Moria. The revamp has actually put me off of it, though - I'd rather take an alt through the dark, confusing, mob-littered Moria than the fancy new bright, "hold my hand, please" version that we have now.

+1

I took a long break and am having a hard time getting back into the game. I want to, but somehow the complexity and some things is turning me off. I look at my lvl 58 hunter and the LIs and I don't really want to figure all that out again. I started leveling a new toon, but I don't really want to go through Moria again. And with my new toon, I have to either start selling all items, or spend hours shuffling craft items in the bank to alts. So it's all turning me off. But I am pretty casual and don't have a kin.

It's not complexity itself. If you're anything like me then: you're just not enthusiastic about Lotro anymore, there is no adventure, no immerisive detached battery-charing experience. It's combination of knowing exactly what to expect further + hand-holding too streamlined game experience + lack of mystery. Your mind does not see "the point" in putting effort because of that and that's why it turns you off. Tps report.

Moria has been completely revamped and from what I have heard is actually much better than before.

Yeah I was about to post that. I just recently made it through the new Moria and it is much improved. So yes I'm still playing. But purely solo, no moors, mainly epic storyline.

I've been reading them from the start, but only recently opened an account and i have noticed what started as a slowly deteriation turn into a landslide of petty hate filled angst.

No, just replying with an honest answer to the question, there are not many people on this forum who enjoy the game because they're busy hating, i know i shouldn't say it this way, and by doing so i'm guilty of what i am accusing, but as i said to the previous quote i've noticed over time that this forum has become more and more hate filled and less and less informative, and that is upsetting me enough to make me snap.

Just conforming to the overwhelming norm on this forum :D

I come here for answers because it's the only place I can get a shred of truth. You won't find any truth on LOTRO's version of Pravda.

Last night I grouped with another warg, a weaver, a defiler, and a warleader.

We were able to kill a Minstrel, which I thought up until then was absolutely impossible.

Despite the rumors, it IS possible to kill a minstrel or a hunter.

Wardens and Lore Masters are still pending.

I hope you are trolling, if not, I'd rethink PvP in general.

Well, it looks as if I'm the most obsessed. I log in every evening and play for at least a while unless something prevents me.

I've just been levelling an alt through the new Moria (a dwarf champ). I've really enjoyed it; I liked the exploration aspect in Zelem-Melek, where you get quests on finding the orc encampments. It really is too easy now though. Even the Foundations of Stone weren't really dangerous, and Snarling Overseers aren't much tougher than orcs. You can even solo the trolls! Still, great atmosphere throughout.

I've now stacked up the quests for all the Moria instances, it might be hard to get groups reasonably on-level and I don't fancy tagging along after some 85's nuking the place.

I've been reading them from the start, but only recently opened an account and i have noticed what started as a slowly deteriation turn into a landslide of petty hate filled angst.

You've been reading very selectively then. The forums are precious little different from how they were when MueR opened them. I've taken people to task over negativity several times, even to the extent of being told that I was being negative myself. If anything, it's a bit less whinging than it used to be... and you now feel the need to comment?

No, Brokk, I don't. Having been notorious for having all of the classes at the cap, I still haven't even got my LM there since it was raised. He is still only 83 (I think), the CHM (the other main) is still only 75; I do not see myself ever playing any of the other 7 classes ever again. I can hardly bring myself to login & when I do, everything I do feels old & such a godawful grind to do anything, never mind that the quest writing has gotten even more appalling (and that is from a low starting point). The only thing that still ties me to the game at all is my duty to / role as the leader of my alliance. And my alliance is fading as more & more people fall out of the game.

I'm really feeling the urge to get my now OP LM to cap, he's been languishing at 65 for 2 years or more, but I just don't think I can bear to do the grind. Getting a toon to 80 and fully geared is little more than getting a LOTRO toon to 50. turbine really needs to rethink the amount of XP it takes to level once you hit 65 or so, another thing that GW2 got right.

Seriously, the Simply Aweful forums are less abusive and more constructive than this forum.

:(

Guys.. this person is a troll, pure and simple.

He has paid $10 to join one of the worst forums known to man, a place where the lowest of the low go, a forum that is a shining example of everything that is bad about the internet.

Don't feed him.

I have been playing a lot of low level alts lately - while fishing on my older computer (for some insane reason I wanted all 16 characters on my primary account to have Lord of the Stream and the Complete Angler titles - maybe because I am such a lousy fisherman in real life!). I had a bunch of level 20s that I leveled to level 30ish through Lone Lands and remembering all the difficulties I had the first time playing through in 2007. (Some my problem - some farmers always taking out the gaunt-lord skelelton varmints for the epic quest). I found it very fun and relaxing after a days work to go out and just trash stuff in the Lone Lands.

I have just taken my level 61 Burg through volume 1. All I can say is thankful I had lots of Mythril Coins, which came from items won in the lottery, as not having some of the swift travel skills, especially in Forochel, makes it a nightmare

I'm enjoying the game still - not so much for the questing itself but for my wonderful kinnies. For the silly stuff. Dancing and setting off fireworks in Bree. A little annuminas griding here and there. Helping out lower level kinnies with stuff. Frightening level 7 hobbits. I've got 9 alts at various levels so I'm never stuck for something to do

I've been playing for five years and I have never considered leaving for good. I go away for a few months normally over the summer until the next expansion comes out.

Things may change when Elder Scrolls Online comes out though. I was an ES girl long before LOTR and I may find myself spending more time in Tamriel than in Middle Earth. I'd miss the people I game with more than the game itself perhaps.

I do hate to admit it but it does feel like the game is at a critical point that it hasn't been at before. I used to laugh at freinds who said the game was dying. I don't feel it's quite at that point yet but it is poorly and if it doesn't get the right meds then ESO may turn out to be it's killer.

Just signed in again on my son's PC to see if I received my TP yet (nope). I had forgotten about the Warden change to Agility and noticed all my crafted jewellry is might based and useless (more or less) now. Going now check and see how nerfed or buffed my minnie is with the unwanted and unasked for will and fate changes.

My possible future enjoyment of this game has taken a huge step backwards with these changes I had forgotten about.

Lets get the council on this immediately!!

Have a look on the AH, you will find lots of jewellery with agility and some of it very cheep, at least on Snowbourn. As for the fate changes they are way to strong. Get a fate scroll for your LI and get some of the jewellery with fate and agility. With 415 fate on my Hunter I cant run out of power. I fought one of the training dummies for 5 minutes and I never came close to using 50%of my power. Fate food is also useful with the level 85 crit version giving 83 fate

Its not about buying it or what not. Ive put my time in, Ive farmed all these crests, Ive diligently made all the jeweller patterns, Ive crafted my gear and completed my warden. If Turbine wants to give me some gold so I can buy new jewellery please do. They adjusted the Hybolt pieces, they can certainly adjust the crafted jewellery. Just an unwanted and unasked for change that I now have to pay for, whether it be in the AH, or with ingame grinding. Quite honestly Im not sure if or when I will ever really play again, but if I do my warden will be geared wrong. I have 1 more week on my cancelled sub, Im not sure I want to spend it regrinding stuff Ive already earned.

Its not about buying it or what not. Ive put my time in, Ive farmed all these crests, Ive diligently made all the jeweller patterns, Ive crafted my gear and completed my warden. If Turbine wants to give me some gold so I can buy new jewellery please do. They adjusted the Hybolt pieces, they can certainly adjust the crafted jewellery. Just an unwanted and unasked for change that I now have to pay for, whether it be in the AH, or with ingame grinding. Quite honestly Im not sure if or when I will ever really play again, but if I do my warden will be geared wrong. I have 1 more week on my cancelled sub, Im not sure I want to spend it regrinding stuff Ive already earned.

They can't adjust the crafted jewelry, because there are three other classes using the crafted jewelry that are still might-based.

Also, you're getting full contributions to physical mastery from both might and agility right now, so unless you have zero agility, you're actually stronger right now than when you last logged in.

Yeah, it's kinda dumb to switch a class' main stat mid-expansion, but at least with the grace period you're not actually suffering because of it.

I purchased RoR last week when it was on sale with TP and I have to say I like some of what they did there. The quests you get on the hoof so to speak are a nice change, but still too much running back and forth to turn in old style quests that remain. I will say mounted combat is much much better on a Hunter than it is on a Champ. I actually have fun with MC on my Hunter. I'm sure it's a joke on my Burg, MC just doesn't fit a stealth class and it never will.