LOTROCommunity
Laurinaohtar

Spotted a bargain - post here

Best thing that Oblivion allows is something that is not about Oblivion at all ironically.

One of thing is

1. Morrowoblivion - it's a mod that allows to play Morrowind using Oblivion engine, which obviously make graphics much better. There is also project (called Skywind I think) that will allow to play Morrowind using Skyrim engine, but that's propably years till it will be in a usable to play state. There is part of magic lost with playing MorrowOblivion over original Morrowind - since some things are diffrent and hardcoded in Oblivion engine.

Alternatively there are actually mods that make Morrowind look better (like Morrowind Overhaul http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/), but of course purely graphically wise Morrowoblivion will still look better.

2. Nehrim - total conversion Oblivion mod. It's new game on Oblivion engine. New diffrent world, new difrrent story, places , cities, etc Just a mod - that's a separate game using Oblivion engine and it's free ! http://www.nehrim.de/indexEV.html

It's better game than Oblivion is.

Anyway - even if you will go with GW2. Then maybe in more distant future - when you may want to play some TES games. Remember - playing TES games with mods vs. playing without them is just staggeringly diffrent experience. (same with Fallout 3 and Fallout NV). There are mods that can make your game much better looking, than change game rules, that add new systems, new content. Hell there is even Nehrim that is practically whole new game. Just insane. Of course there are also silly or idiotic mods as well. I personally would not play Fallout 3 or Skyrim if not mods. They do have too much things that were bad in my opinion and I had to mod them out to make them nice. (like i.e. Fallout 3 was way too easy and thus boring and also had super annoying cash register sound when getting any XP - which was totally immersion ruining and I would not play it if I could not mod it out).

I lasted about 4 minutes. Hey - I can't see my character close up? It just was so different than what I was used to (very small character) I wasn't in to it.

Update: Currently on the new interface system alpha.... pretty awesome considering it's literally Alpha0.1. Can move your screens around and resize some, no keybinding system yet for quick access, but we're all asking nicely and demanding and raging and grumbling about how we need one so... It'll most likely be there for Beta if not sooner (feels nice to say that kinda stuff).

And I was thrilled to see we can finally zoom in and out with our mousewheel up to roughly "Character fills 1/4 of the screen and can only see from waist up" close. HTML5 (with proper 201x MMO draw distance and running much lighter than Java) and that interface are a few weeks off but will let y'all know when it's done to test it out. For now... well.. ignore what you saw lol.

Gamefly - a new sale every day this week.

I am finally gonna get Torchlight II - on sale for $6.79. I missed Fallout Vegas a few days ago for $2.79

Wonder when Steam will have their sales - I remember tons of game really cheap during their summer sales.

I guess most of you will miss this post, but ...

now it is all on sale. every day sale is all up.

http://www.gamefly.c...78#.UbI1-Jz5GHN

I don't think I can resist Fallout New Vegas for $4 - never players any of them before.

Also, I cannot believe how incredibly good Torchlight II is. I didn't like Torchlight much, but this is so so much better.

Torchlight 2 is really good fun and great value. Fallout New Vegas for $4 isn't bad either, I would grab that if I didn't already own it

hehe, nice it caught your attention too :)

Did not play W1 yet. (I did buy it though, just no time yet and bought it after I got W2) Some say there is quite a diffrence between W1 and W2 and that they play diffrently.

I did play W2. Really very good game. Does not treat player as an idiot like some games do, nice non-obvious black&white story. Can get bit linear BUT there are plenty of choices that really DO matter (like choices you make can really affect what will happen, even some early game choices can affect mid or late game). Great graphics. Of course it does have downsides do as all games, but still overally I do highly recommend W2.

Anyway - for an single player rpg's with single protagonist W2 is propably one of best I had ever played.

http://kotaku.com/the-next-episode-of-the-walking-dead-is-coming-out-this-638834220

At $4.99 that is a bargain. This episode will bridge the gap between seasone one and season two coming out soon. If you haven't played season one yet you need to go and do that, right now, one of the best games I played last year.

Steam Summer Sale 2013 should be starting soon. No doubt there will be lots of good deals.

GOG.com also has some sales going on right now. Just picked up FTL (scifi Rogue-like), King of Dragon Pass (resource management/RPG, already own on CD, but can't beat convenience of "download anywhere" though), and Master of Orion 1 and 2 (again, already own, but ... convenience!).
  • Upvote 1

Yeah GoG.com has huge summer sales going and I advise you to browse through it and check every now and then :)

Strategy Lovers may want to take a look at one of greatest 4x strategies - Alpha Centauri (discounted nicely atm) and RPG fans at Plansescape Torment and Arcanum :)

As unlikely as it may seem from looking at it, this game is actually great fun!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239030/

As unlikely as it may seem from looking at it, this game is actually great fun!

http://store.steampo...com/app/239030/

Haha - how did you find this? or know about it?

----------------------------

Tons of games on sale:

http://www.gamefly.com/download-games/browse/?ids=5005020,5003868,5004110,151340,157225,152410,5003337,150940,155135,5000608,152445,151685,156175,155065,157060,156185,153525,154160,152085,155405,5000207,151325,154785,155070,156925,157230,154485,5003099,150845,157130,5000095,5000208,5000963,5000964,5004112,5004188,5004245,5005547,5005587&page=1&pageSize=78&cid=segd080913#.UgVI821iLEg

Anyone know if any if any of these are great games? I only know about Thief.

Cannot comment on gamefly as it seems it is only for USA and I cannot even see what games are in this deal you linked.

Anyway:

https://www.humblebundle.com/

3 days left for current Humble Bundle - seem like a good deal for 5$.

Haha - how did you find this? or know about it?

I read about it a while ago on Kotaku or some blog or something, when I saw it on Steam yesterday I bought it and I'm glad I did. The life of a border control officer in Arstotzka is a bleak and challanging one (and also very fun)

You can also watch these two idiots playing it

But don't let them put you off!

Yeah considering it was very low amount for very big amount of games and none of those went to EA - so It cannot really be counted as paying EA - I bought it as well. Have not played them yet though - I have quite long "owned and waiting in line to be played yet due to not having enough time" game list :)