LOTROCommunity
LordVorontur

Player Council members list.

Also, going through the posting history of some of the detractors, it's funny how they didn't complain about the idea of a Player Council when it was announced.

They probably worried what will happen if their area is less represented with likeminded people. Did you see the info on how the Role-Players felt with lack of active roleplayer members in the council? just same conserns as say raiders.

A valid point, perhaps?

I agree thats quite valid. Given that Helms deep has probably been in the works for sometime (they generally always have someone working on future content/systems for sometime ahead of the game. But i'd like to think with a possible 6 month's of development time that some resoruces could be allocated towards some fo the goals of the Council. The reason I say that is you are all only on it for 8 months and realistically they'd like to show to the wider community that it is having a positive effect.

Actually, I'm thinking now more like a scapegoat, not ants.

Anything good comes up, Turbine takes the credit and pats themselves on the back

Anything bad? Blame the player's council.

Yay, politics.

That was my concern. Since all Player Council members are under a strict NDA. Maybe they'll lax it a bit without given too much info away?.

Thought I'd also raise a good topic of discussion we had on twitter today. It was about more open non-instance grouped content. Its slowly been left out of LOTRO. Anyone recall the raid bosses in Angmar? or how some areas needed a full group to get to a boss man for the quest? You could make part of that repeatable with decent rewards.

Are people having more issues with the fact that the council was hand-picked, or is it because some portion of the player community is not represented (I see alot of posts on the official forums saying none of the council players are PvMP or "hardcore raiders")?

Or is there a different issue, like with certain players ( I saw a few posts in regard to one being a forum troll, and another where certain kinships were given an unfair advantage)?

I don't have any issues with the selection, with the specific exception of DarkCntry (regardless of whether it's true that his highest level character is level 43 or not).

I also don't see any indication either way whether Turbine wants to have this more for public image or real work. So all is good for now.

They probably worried what will happen if their area is less represented with likeminded people. Did you see the info on how the Role-Players felt with lack of active roleplayer members in the council? just same conserns as say raiders.

I agree thats quite valid. Given that Helms deep has probably been in the works for sometime (they generally always have someone working on future content/systems for sometime ahead of the game. But i'd like to think with a possible 6 month's of development time that some resoruces could be allocated towards some fo the goals of the Council. The reason I say that is you are all only on it for 8 months and realistically they'd like to show to the wider community that it is having a positive effect.

That was my concern. Since all Player Council members are under a strict NDA. Maybe they'll lax it a bit without given too much info away?.

Thought I'd also raise a good topic of discussion we had on twitter today. It was about more open non-instance grouped content. Its slowly been left out of LOTRO. Anyone recall the raid bosses in Angmar? or how some areas needed a full group to get to a boss man for the quest? You could make part of that repeatable with decent rewards.

Honvik, my comment related to what Bellus(Troll)replied to me with.

In fact, I've gone through the Player Council announcement thread(the first one), and I've not seen any of those who are complaining about it now raise any concerns whatsoever in there.

I'm now going through the Official Discussion thread for the Producers Letter, and I'm seeing some concerns raised, but not from the posters who are being the most vocal against the idea now.

If they had concerns about the selection process, why didn't they give the feedback in the discussion threads?

A reminder to all council members that you are under an NDA. Be very careful in contacting and being contacted by other players. -Sapience

And so it starts......

A reminder to all council members that you are under an NDA. Be very careful in contacting and being contacted by other players. -Sapience

And so it starts......

I'm sure he means about what's being discussed by the Council.

I'm not going to shy away from listening to players wanting to discuss any issue, as long as it's not something covered by the NDA.

I actually feel the whole creating e-mail accounts for the specific purpose of receiving suggestions as a Councillor silly.

You don't get elected members behaving in that fashion.

If someone wants to make suggestions to me, they can PM me or send me a tell in-game. There's not any need for anything else.

I'm sure he means about what's being discussed by the Council.

I'm not going to shy away from listening to players wanting to discuss any issue, as long as it's not something covered by the NDA.

I actually feel the whole creating e-mail accounts for the specific purpose of receiving suggestions as a Councillor silly.

You don't get elected members behaving in that fashion.

If someone wants to make suggestions to me, they can PM me or send me a tell in-game. There's not any need for anything else.

No doubt he does, but surely something along the lines of 'a reminder to our council members that we're happy for you to dicuss and bring player feedback to us, but please remember the NDA covers not discussing council affairs with others' would have been more appropriate If it were true of course. It isn't la cosa nostra afterall...

No doubt he does, but surely something along the lines of 'a reminder to our council members that we're happy for you to dicuss and bring player feedback to us, but please remember the NDA covers not discussing council affairs with others' would have been more appropriate If it were true of course. It isn't la cosa nostra afterall...

You're of course right it could've been termed less vaguely.

I think Lordglenclairn makes a very good point though that exactly what the councils members role's were should have been posted long since. Instead of letting the fire spread and then try to fight it afterwards.

I bet that if some mebers of this council will see, that they are beeing used as bumpers between Turbine and playr base, and will decide to resign from this council, they will hit the top spot on the forum moderation list ;)

Sapience will for sure seek revenge on those who decided to resign from such a prominent position in their tool (bumper tool).

One does not simply resign from beeing in the council without any consequences i bet })

It's like making deals with a Mafia. Once you start, there is no way they will let you go ;) Besides how it would look? Turbine invents such a great tool and suddenly someone do not wan't to participate in it? It would mean something is wrong with it but how can something be wrong with it if it was created by Turbine? Surely it will be blamed on players in such case ;)

This is sounding more and more like Game of Thrones with every passing minute.

I just hope the food and wine at these meetings is as at least as good as at the small council!

Personally I'm of the opinion if someone wants to make a suggestion then stick it in the suggestions forums still, if you send it to a council member then are you not relying on them to "approve" the idea before it gets seen by the devs? At least if its in the suggestions forum the devs can see it, if a council member also happens to be a fan of the idea they can still attempt to champion it.

And so it starts......

I'm under NDA at work sometimes, but I always know about it in advance, get told the actual terms of it, and formally agree to it. I would hope you Council members get such clarity too. If you haven't had such clarity yet, he's wrong: you're not "under" an NDA until you know what it is and agree to it.

Personally I'm of the opinion if someone wants to make a suggestion then stick it in the suggestions forums still, if you send it to a council member then are you not relying on them to "approve" the idea before it gets seen by the devs? At least if its in the suggestions forum the devs can see it, if a council member also happens to be a fan of the idea they can still attempt to champion it.

Exactly this. If the idea exists as a thread in the Suggestion forums, point me towards it and I'll have a read and take it further if I feel it's good enough to warrant it.

My mind is open regarding what I'd take forward, as well.

So if you quit the council, and post about it, will you be banned from the forums? Is it an ever after NDA?

This is sounding more and more like Game of Thrones with every passing minute.

I just hope the food and wine at these meetings is as at least as good as at the small council!

Only with less sex

And Peter Dinklage would have made a badass Bilbo.

We don't know there will be less sex - that might be covered by the NDA .....

Sorry for the horrid mental image everyone.

So if you quit the council, and post about it, will you be banned from the forums? Is it an ever after NDA?

I was wondering about this too. what would happen if you quit, then blab?

Though I know and like both the players chosen for Imladris, I am a bit disappointed that they (including some of their alts according to http://lotroaltfinder.net/) are from the same/similar RP'ing kinship(s). I was hoping for a bit more diversity.

Regardless, I have little hope that much will come of this player council other than smoke-screens for Turbine to hide behind. If they cannot listen to their own beta testers then why should we expect them to listen to a hand-picked 'council'? I have very low expectations.

I was wondering about this too. what would happen if you quit, then blab?

I think Sapience mentioned this a while ago, that the NDA remains in force should you quit. I don't think he mentioned the consequences though. Better to let people assume the worst.

We don't know there will be less sex...

We can hope :P

I think Sapience mentioned this a while ago, that the NDA remains in force should you quit.

Well yeah I got that. :P I'm just wondering what they'd do to you? Ban your account on the forums and perhaps ingame?

Well yeah I got that. :P I'm just wondering what they'd do to you? Ban your account on the forums and perhaps ingame?

Apologies, it's still early ;) As burying people under the patio wouldn't pass their lawyers, I would guess at a forum ban. Although I've just seen that apparently breaches of previous Beta NDAs were punished ingame so that looks likely too.

Would they ban your game account, or put your character permanently on display in the bree jail. "Let this be an example to anyone thinking of breaking the NDA".

We don't know there will be less sex - that might be covered by the NDA .....

Kinky

Though I know and like both the players chosen for Imladris, I am a bit disappointed that they (including some of their alts according to http://lotroaltfinder.net/) are from the same/similar RP'ing kinship(s). I was hoping for a bit more diversity.

Regardless, I have little hope that much will come of this player council other than smoke-screens for Turbine to hide behind. If they cannot listen to their own beta testers then why should we expect them to listen to a hand-picked 'council'? I have very low expectations.

I noticed this on Landroval as well, as there are 3 members of Lonely Mountain Band on the council. Don't know much about them, except I've been told they run alot of events on my server, so I take it they're pretty popular.