LOTROCommunity
LordVorontur

Player Council members list.

I believe that the Heydts play primarily on Elendilmir, and neither of the E representatives is one of them.

Thank god neither of them made it.

I see Sabriel of Nimrodel made it. A person with a very annoying habit of typing in the third person and someone I use to consider a fanboi/gurl until recently. At least he/she can see what a mockery this game has become.

So DarkCntry's highest char is level 43? I guess that explains a few things.

I don't think he has time to play the game, too busy trolling on the forums. :)

It's obvious that the only way DarkCntry got onto the council was by being a fanboy. Someone who has their highest level character at 43 can't have any massive experience with the game. He's not even achieved SoA end game in 6 years of playing. Seriously though there's just not much he can really contribute, unless Turbine need some help on re-vamping low level areas.

Also spotted this bit:

"please remember that council members cannot discuss their actions or activity as a member of the council."

So that means no talking at all, and hence no accountability toward the player base?

I see 1 Creep name on that list, I probably would have had a fair chance to get on it :( Not that there aren't more Creeps, they just used Freep names.

So that means no talking at all, and hence no accountability toward the player base?

I can neither confirm nor deny that it appears that way. :P

The council forums aren't up yet, so I haven't seen the full NDA yet (if there is one), but the single-paragraph agreement in the email essentially said that council members can't share "non-public information" outside the private council forums.

Even compared to previous closed beta NDAs, this one seems rather light. I'm guessing that any real information will be covered by a separate NDA for whatever program that falls under, I.E, Palantir, Helms Deep beta, etc.

I can neither confirm nor deny that it appears that way. :P

The council forums aren't up yet, so I haven't seen the full NDA yet (if there is one), but the single-paragraph agreement in the email essentially said that council members can't share "non-public information" outside the private council forums.

Even compared to previous closed beta NDAs, this one seems rather light. I'm guessing that any real information will be covered by a separate NDA for whatever program that falls under, I.E, Palantir, Helms Deep beta, etc.

Well, like I've said previously, any of the other beta NDAs I've been under for LOTRO hasn't allowed me to say I'm in beta. So in a way, it's less restrictive than their normal beta NDAs.

And it was a given there would be some form of control over what we can say.

Well, like I've said previously, any of the other beta NDAs I've been under for LOTRO hasn't allowed me to say I'm in beta. So in a way, it's less restrictive than their normal beta NDAs.

And it was a given there would be some form of control over what we can say.

Most of the Beta NDAs get revoked, #Palantir (Formerly #Isengard) has never been to my knowledge.

I wouldn't think the Palantir NDA ever gets lifted, but I wouldn't know about that.

The other ones, of course, has been lifted eventually.

Also spotted this bit:

"please remember that council members cannot discuss their actions or activity as a member of the council."

I have a fair bit to say about councils, me, forums, accountability, lotro, life, love, poker and dwarfs but right now I am on my phone and slightly drunk so will post tomorrow.

I have a fair bit to say about councils, me, forums, accountability, lotro, life, love, poker and dwarfs but right now I am on my phone and slightly drunk so will post tomorrow.

Lol

Ah, yes, was wondering when you were going to login and take some of the heat off me ;)

I kid, of course. There was absolutely no heat. Just Snowbournites being Snowbournites.

That brings me to 12 recognizable council members... Wow. (And I've explictly not included the ones from my world.)

Sadly, some of the chatter in the official list thread does have me wishing they'd taken me up on a pre-comment period.

I've already asked a player to send what they sent me in private about a councilmember's past behavior on to Turbine. [Not one of the #Ridder players, lest you all speculate]

I do hope that none of you find yourselves having to defend yourselfs from false accusations in the upcoming weeks and months.

That brings me to 12 recognizable council members... Wow. (And I've explictly not included the ones from my world.)

Sadly, some of the chatter in the official list thread does have me wishing they'd taken me up on a pre-comment period.

I've already asked a player to send what they sent me in private about a councilmember's past behavior on to Turbine. [Not one of the #Ridder players, lest you all speculate]

I do hope that none of you find yourselves having to defend yourselfs from false accusations in the upcoming weeks and months.

I got a little giggle out of the post saying that one of Landroval's representatives is a renowned griefer.

Did you know them personally already? Thats, a fairly generic accusation compared to what I was referring to (And no, they're not who I was talking about).

That is to say, I'm not sure Starvo's who they're talking about there ;)

Did you know them personally already? Thats, a fairly generic accusation compared to what I was referring to (And no, they're not who I was talking about).

That is to say, I'm not sure Starvo's who they're talking about there ;)

No, I don't know who they're talking about. But given the concerns over the sorts of people that might be on the council, I doubt anyone predicted that someone who anyone considers a "known griefer" would've been chosen.

I'm impressed overall with the choices that were made, especially that not only one but several regulars around here got chosen. Maybe there is hope for this Council after all?

No, I don't know who they're talking about. But given the concerns over the sorts of people that might be on the council, I doubt anyone predicted that someone who anyone considers a "known griefer" would've been chosen.

RampagingDeath? The guy who griefed the in game memorial? If he's on the council there are going to be some mighty pissed off people...

I'm encoruaging everyone that has a specific Personal issue with a council rep to send specifics to Sapience. I'd suggest they forward a copy to someone at the executive level if there were a public name associated with the program.

RampagingDeath? The guy who griefed the in game memorial? If he's on the council there are going to be some mighty pissed off people...

forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?509600-Introducing-the-2013-LOTRO-Player-Council&p=6763249#post6763249

Gratz to the people here for getting onto the council, here's hoping your voice will be heard.

Only one of the people I suspected that would be on the council is in there, Harperella. She was given preferential treatment last year by the CM in order to get votes for her as kin leader in some magazine or other. Not long after Riddermark launched she tried to convince people that they should turn it into a role-playing server. I had a heated dialog with her over that and found her to be very ignorant, her way or no way. She will want to be the queen bee on the council.

With that many people, I doubt you will EVER reach consensus. Most likely someone higher up (hmmm, The Sap?) will hold presidential authority and VETO rights, and the tie breaking vote as well for deadlock. Wonder what this is going to mean for the game long term, I don't really give a shit about the short term, they've been shorting the game sheets for YEARS with their crap.

Reminds me of an OLD game I have called Diplomacy. It's a political science 101 primer tool. Or at least it SHOULD be.

With that many people, I doubt you will EVER reach consensus. Most likely someone higher up (hmmm, The Sap?) will hold presidential authority and VETO rights, and the tie breaking vote as well for deadlock.

This was my first thought after seeing how many people got into the council.

Never ever will people reach a consensus and if it's true that there are people on the council who's highest characters are low levels then what is the point of this council with such people inside?