LOTROCommunity
LordVorontur

Player Council members list.

Gratz to the people here for getting onto the council, here's hoping your voice will be heard.

Only one of the people I suspected that would be on the council is in there, Harperella. She was given preferential treatment last year by the CM in order to get votes for her as kin leader in some magazine or other. Not long after Riddermark launched she tried to convince people that they should turn it into a role-playing server. I had a heated dialog with her over that and found her to be very ignorant, her way or no way. She will want to be the queen bee on the council.

Oh man, that would've been fun, especially considering how many Elendilmir PvP veterans wanted to turn Riddermark into the PvP server in an attempt to restore some glory days when PvP was better, before transfers ruined the place. :P

This was my first thought after seeing how many people got into the council.

Never ever will people reach a consensus and if it's true that there are people on the council who's highest characters are low levels then what is the point of this council with such people inside?

To be fair, there is quite a bit of game that takes place prior to the level cap, no matter how bored some of us (myself included) may be with such content.

To be fair, there is quite a bit of game that takes place prior to the level cap, no matter how bored some of us (myself included) may be with such content.

No, those people who has only low levels don't know shit about the game...Never experienced any kind of raid and therefore they will do anything to make sure this game stays solo. Because it's their 'play style'. Non experienced noobs always ruining the game... They should play single player games (disney little mermaid for pc) and leave Lotro the hell alone...

Game has turned into a pile of shit. Yesterday I logged in to observe what soloers have been doing. I even got into one of the hytbold quests to watch. A rk standing still, trying to burn the mobs 1 by 1... It was too painful to watch so I logged out. That kind of player can never do a group content. So are %80 of soloers like him. And they hate group content because soloing is their 'play style'? Yeah, sure ...

I actually always enjoyed low levels and because i cannot grind 85 instances any longer i am running another alt through low levels now ;) Always liked the low lvl regions (actually whole Eriador).

What i meant is that i think, people in the council should know the game upside down, regardless of what they focus on (solo, fellowships or raids).

People should know how the game and classes work and how all the skills work and everyone should know all the areas etc. How a player who's highest char is 43 can be any asset in such council?

There are assumptions that he was rewarded a spot in the council for brown nosing Turbine and Sapience for years so if that is true it's even worse than i thought.

Btw, nice to see people from here got elected, grats ;)

I honestly can't see how certain people made it onto this council. I mean, DarkCuntry, at level 43, hasn't even played end-game... he hasn't even played a single expansion! Yet there he is, acting as if he can give an informed opinion. How they thought he would give any useful insight into the game, I have no idea.

I honestly can't see how certain people made it onto this council. I mean, DarkCuntry, at level 43, hasn't even played end-game... he hasn't even played a single expansion! Yet there he is, acting as if he can give an informed opinion. How they thought he would give any useful insight into the game, I have no idea.

I'm guessing that isn't his Main, regardless of what his Signature on the official forums says. There is no way he hasn't broken 43rd level in so many years of playing this game. I hit that in three weekend of very casual play!

I'm guessing that isn't his Main, regardless of what his Signature on the official forums says. There is no way he hasn't broken 43rd level in so many years of playing this game. I hit that in three weekend of very casual play!

It makes me laugh when I see people write things like 'I've been playing for 6 years and I still haven't hit the level cap!' as if that means anything. No, you haven't been playing for 6 years. You've probably played 5 or 10 minutes every other week to still not be at the level cap after 6 years _O-

I dont mind if there is anyone on the council not at level cap as it means another perspective on the game is there to give their views.

Dont forget Turbine need to make sure the early game keeps new people playing and that any changes they are planning to make are for the better

It makes me laugh when I see people write things like 'I've been playing for 6 years and I still haven't hit the level cap!' as if that means anything. No, you haven't been playing for 6 years. You've probably played 5 or 10 minutes every other week to still not be at the level cap after 6 years _O-

Exactly. Unless you stood in Bree and ran in circles for hours every day, there is no way you can have played for six years and not have a level-capped character. Except for me, that is, since my highest level character is at 67 (having stopped playing not long after RoI dropped), and when I came back in March I re-rolled a new RK. He's level 50 after a month of casual play, on weekends only. Unfortunately, he'll be parked in Moria for a little while, since I'm playing "Rift" again for a few months to be able to earn a special pet. But I only need 79 more hours in-game in "Rift" before late June to get that, so I expect I'll be back in LOTRO soon enough, and easily to level-cap before Helm's Deep comes out.

I dont mind if there is anyone on the council not at level cap as it means another perspective on the game is there to give their views.

Dont forget Turbine need to make sure the early game keeps new people playing and that any changes they are planning to make are for the better

But that's the problem. These guys aren't playing early game. They can't be to not have a level cap player yet (unless he's new to the game). They must be just faffing about.

But that's the problem. These guys aren't playing early game. They can't be to not have a level cap player yet (unless he's new to the game). They must be just faffing about.

But faffing about is a viable playstyle, Doro! Maybe they just want to roleplay as Hobbits in The Shire, and the only experience they have ever earned is from low-level mobs and doing low-tier crafting? Now I don't see that as 'playing the game', but I will admit it is a viable playstyle for an MMORPG, even if it would get boring really fast. And it defeats the whole purpose of fighting the War of the Ring.

I don't expect everyone to play every single aspect of LOTRO so they can 'have a say' on the Council, but I would personally give less weight to the opinion of someone that hasn't bothered to get even one character through all of the levels once. They don't have to Raid, or PvP, or do Crafting, or RP, but at least you should have gone through the basic questing content at least once! But that's just me. I know Turbine will value the opinions of people who play in the lower levels, and that's fine for perspective's sake (I guess), I simply don't think their perspective is as valuable as that of people who actually play the later parts of the game as well.

I've been a bit harsh and unfair towards Vorontur, to be honest there are WAY worse people on that council, he's one of the best, and at least he's an experienced player who knows the game, and I know him well enough to know he can be unbiased and defend all aspects of the game. I apologize.

Putting in people who play for years yet only have a level 43 character as highest is nonsense. Not to mention the guy is a moron and a troll.

Only showing character names is bullshit too, but won't the members also get some special forum title or something?

A recognize a few names other than the 3 from this forum, but dont know any of them in game even the 2 from here on the same server as me.

hmm, you have been on my friends list for ages, I feel hurt! (I must admit I don't remember why, maybe we grouped together in the early days)

The congrats to Runsei as well.

Yea, good luck on the communication aspect, lol.

I hope that at least one of my play styles (heavy t2 raiding and heavy RP... the LMB people are not heavy. At all) is represented from someone on at least one server.

Too bad you all are under a NDA. Maybe you can talk about it after the year is over.

I think one of the first things I want to do is to get clarified exactly what we can and can't dicuss. I hope to be as open as is legally possible.

I do hope that none of you find yourselves having to defend yourselfs from false accusations in the upcoming weeks and months.

So far nothing but congratulations and curiosity, I'm fairly thick skinned.

I'm impressed overall with the choices that were made, especially that not only one but several regulars around here got chosen. Maybe there is hope for this Council after all?

They seem to be a wide range of play styles (and forum styles), hopefully this can be a good thing.

One thing of note, whilst I agree with many issues raised here and will happily bring those up when the occasion arrises I didn't apply because I wanted to be one of "lotrocommunity's representatives" on the council. I applied because of my concerns with the direction of the game and the hope that possibly, in maybe a small way, I can influence some change.

I've been a bit harsh and unfair towards Vorontur, to be honest there are WAY worse people on that council, he's one of the best, and at least he's an experienced player who knows the game, and I know him well enough to know he can be unbiased and defend all aspects of the game. I apologize.

Putting in people who play for years yet only have a level 43 character as highest is nonsense. Not to mention the guy is a moron and a troll.

Only showing character names is bullshit too, but won't the members also get some special forum title or something?

No worries, mate, I've a thick skin!

hmm, you have been on my friends list for ages, I feel hurt! (I must admit I don't remember why, maybe we grouped together in the early days)

We may have grouped at some point, but it has been a while since I did any group content, except solo on my Warden, that I cant really remember who I have grouped with.

One thing of note, whilst I agree with many issues raised here and will happily bring those up when the occasion arrises I didn't apply because I wanted to be one of "lotrocommunity's representatives" on the council. I applied because of my concerns with the direction of the game and the hope that possibly, in maybe a small way, I can influence some change.

And I think that is all we should ask of you, or any of the Council members who frequent this forum. Give your honest opinion to Turbine, and nothing more. I don't think anyone here thinks you guys should White Knight for causes we discuss here, unless of course you choose to discuss those topics with Turbine of your own accord. You are not "our representatives", you represent all players, period.

And I think that is all we should ask of you, or any of the Council members who frequent this forum. Give your honest opinion to Turbine, and nothing more. I don't think anyone here thinks you guys should White Knight for causes we discuss here, unless of course you choose to discuss those topics with Turbine of your own accord. You are not "our representatives", you represent all players, period.

Agreed.

Of course, I've applied with an open agenda, really.

For me, there are obvious things that need addressing, like performance and security.

After that, my only real agenda that I'd set out beforehand was to push for Galuhad's Kinship Revamp Proposal.

I am open to any suggestions, as long as the suggestions themselves are well thought out ideas, and written out in the right manner.

Someone on Snowbourn last night suggested we move the EU servers back to EU, lol.

Of course, I had to say, I'm not so sure that Turbine would be keen on that particular suggestion.

But, aside from that, I think of the ones on Global last night, Bugs and Lag is high on the list of priorities.

Not singling you out Doro, many have pointed it out. Far be it from me to defend freborn/darkdouchebag, but maybe he has 2 accts? It's not outside the realm of possibility. It would be his style to have a hidden alt acct. that has maxxed out, raid geared toons, just so he could make fools of people pointing out that his highest level is 43.

Not singling you out Doro, many have pointed it out. Far be it from me to defend freborn/darkdouchebag, but maybe he has 2 accts? It's not outside they realm of possibility. It would be his style to have a hidden alt acct. that has maxxed out, raid geared toons, just so he could make fools of people pointing out that his highest level is 43.

It's quite possible that he doesn't use his main account for the forums.

Not singling you out Doro, many have pointed it out. Far be it from me to defend freborn/darkdouchebag, but maybe he has 2 accts? It's not outside the realm of possibility. It would be his style to have a hidden alt acct. that has maxxed out, raid geared toons, just so he could make fools of people pointing out that his highest level is 43.

Possible but Turbine needed to check their play history. Why would they name him from a noob account if they had checked him playing on a different account?

Possible but Turbine needed to check their play history. Why would they name him from a noob account if they had checked him playing on a different account?

Depends, has he applied?

If he has, he might've applied with that character name.

I'd ask this on the main forum, but the login services are down. Council members, what would you say your average playtime is per week and per session?

The analysing of what council members have said is starting:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?509624-Raiding-Council-Reps!&p=6763329#post6763329

To be fair.. those threads linked to do look pretty bad. :/