LOTROCommunity
LordVorontur

Player Council members list.

Depends, Crell.

If I'm logging in to play, I'm prolly on there a couple of hours each time, possibly more.

I've certainly had times where I've played 4-5 hours in one stretch some nights, especially if my other half is off work.

It fluctuates.

I was more active before mid january than I've been since.

I was very active the 6 months before that.

I'd ask this on the main forum, but the login services are down. Council members, what would you say your average playtime is per week and per session?

I probably play most days, maybe only two or three hours a day during the week but at weekends (particularly Saturdays) as a kin we usually have some group content going on throughout the afternoons and evenings and I'll join in that.

Really Palpatine? We're gonna bring that crap here too?

We all are most interested in our favourite gameplay and would want to see that represented.

And you call that whining. *facepalm* You do realise that's what the rudest casual Turbine supports call raiders as well?

Not singling you out Doro, many have pointed it out. Far be it from me to defend freborn/darkdouchebag, but maybe he has 2 accts? It's not outside the realm of possibility. It would be his style to have a hidden alt acct. that has maxxed out, raid geared toons, just so he could make fools of people pointing out that his highest level is 43.

Isn't it against the rules to have more than one account? Given Drkcntry's consistent White Knighting on the forums, I doubt he'd flagrantly flout Turbine's own rules....unless of course he's a massive hypocrite.

Forgive my ignorance, but aren't they one and the same?

No.

I think I have like 5 accounts, all different e-mail addresses, apart from the account that I had during Closed Beta for SoA, that got turned into a F2P account when it launched on US servers, and that shares the same e-mail address as my main account.

Granted, apart from my 2 main accounts(lifetime), the others were set up for being kinbanks.

The analysing of what council members have said is starting:

http://forums.lotro....329#post6763329

To be fair.. those threads linked to do look pretty bad. :/

I started the thread because 1.I wanted to know that the initial assessments made by members of the the raiding community (notably Including Shock and Awe, and Noldor) were at least somewhat tempered by the experiences of actual members 2. I wanted to get to know our representatives better =)

It should be no surprise that I feel there should be a modest amount of public scrutiny over the list of members. I advocated for a brief one-way private comment period, at around something like 10% of applicants remaining, to avoid the kinds of statements where we see that one members name comes within striking distance of a code of conduct violation, and another apparently showed up to grief a in-game funeral if reports are believed. ; Neither of those behaviors is my opinion is appropriate.

Edit: post->thread ;

I started the post because 1.I wanted to know that the initial assessments made by members of the the raiding community (notably Including Shock and Awe, and Noldor) were at least somewhat tempered by the experiences of actual members 2. I wanted to get to know our representatives better =)

It should be no surprise that I feel there should be a modest amount of public scrutiny over the list of members. I advocated for a brief one-way private comment period, at around something like 10% of applicants remaining, to avoid the kinds of statements where we see that one members name comes within striking distance of a code of conduct violation, and another apparently showed up to grief a in-game funeral if reports are believed. ; Neither of those behaviors is my opinion is appropriate.

I agree.

We all are most interested in our favourite gameplay and would want to see that represented.

And you call that whining. *facepalm* You do realise that's what the rudest casual Turbine supports call raiders as well?

I've been what you could call a "hardcore" raider, not in LOTRO, mind you, but in WoW (4 hours a night, 4 days a week), for years. I know that community quite well. They look down quite arrogantly on any "lesser being" not participating in the "heroic feats" they achieve defeating scripted mobs in a dungeon with a bunch of other people.

Not saying all of them are like that, but most "hardcore" raiders are quite arrogant and think they are some kind of elite. If the council only has "moderate" raiders, aka representing the majority, people who play the game like a game and not a second job, I don't see it as a bad thing for the game overall. It can avoid silly things similar to what was added in the past by the developers, like e.g. a new dungeon specific stat to slow down the "elite" and gate content... remember that?

It'd have been interesting to hear the various members views on Radience, and its impact, and what they'd have done differently if anything, but I felt that would turn into a far more argumentative and disruptive thread.

LordV-Dropped you a PM.

Here's a few thoughts and they all revolves around the word " representative".

Do player council members represent anyone other than themselves, because technically they do not officially represent me because I did not elect or sanction them to do so.

Even if they do in some capacity claim to represent other players, the NDA prohibits them from feeding back to the community about what they directly do.

Therefore the role of a player councillor shares many similarities to that of "special advisers" to politicians and the Council itself is more like a Quango.

As I said, just a few thoughts :)

Do player council members represent anyone other than themselves, because technically they do not officially represent me because I did not elect or sanction them to do so.

My thoughts exactly.

I would venture to guess that most 'good' special advisors would be willing to characterize themselves as representatives, albeit not of an elected sort, and able to put the overall needs above their own.

I started the thread because

I wasn't referring to your thread, but the post I linked to.

I've been what you could call a "hardcore" raider, not in LOTRO, mind you, but in WoW (4 hours a night, 4 days a week), for years. I know that community quite well. They look down quite arrogantly on any "lesser being" not participating in the "heroic feats" they achieve defeating scripted mobs in a dungeon with a bunch of other people.

Well I was doing the same in Lotro up until Rohan and what you describe is not what I have seen from many on my server. Some are like that, sure.

Not saying all of them are like that, but most "hardcore" raiders are quite arrogant and think they are some kind of elite. If the council only has "moderate" raiders, aka representing the majority, people who play the game like a game and not a second job, I don't see it as a bad thing for the game overall.

Well, that's not really what we were discussing earlier, is it? You said: "Raiders whining, what a surprise. Along with the PvP crowd, they are the most vocal whiners of the MMORPG community." You labelled anyone who was concerned about raiding representation as a whiner. By your definition, we're all negative whiners and haters here.

I'm just a bit sick of valid criticisms/concerns (on the whole.. i do realise there is some legitimate whining out there) being categorised as 'whining' and 'hating'. That's what some of the stauncher Turbine supporters do.

The blanket labelling of all dissent as "whining" is just a cheap tactic designed to close down debate. It's a poor trick often used by politicians and is the last resort of people who have not been taught critical thinking or debating skills.

I wasn't referring to your thread, but the post I linked to.

You weren't the only one I was addressing, but I feel some responsibility for the thread's contents, as I started it partly as a result of that post quoted there.

I'd ask this on the main forum, but the login services are down. Council members, what would you say your average playtime is per week and per session?

He reads these forums too.......

Isn't it against the rules to have more than one account? Given Drkcntry's consistent White Knighting on the forums, I doubt he'd flagrantly flout Turbine's own rules....unless of course he's a massive hypocrite.

You can have as many accts as you want, you just have to pick one to post on the forums with.

I have been both a hardcore raider and still a hardcore PvPer, and I would have to agree with Palpatine, they are the most vocal whiners in every MMO, sorry. Not all of them, of course, but vocal is the key word here.

If you're referring to +Sapience, I have nothing to fear from him. Not all council members participate in this community and I'd like to hear from each of them. I asked here because it was working at the time #go forum revamp.

You can have as many accts as you want, you just have to pick one to post on the forums with.

I have been both a hardcore raider and still a hardcore PvPer, and I would have to agree with Palpatine, they are the most vocal whiners in every MMO, sorry. Not all of them, of course, but vocal is the key word here.

I'm not sure if I would agree completely... I mean, remember the forced emote threads? Those were a lot of 'whining' RPers, myself included in one or two posts ;) At the same though they can be very easy to please, which is not the case with raiding and pvp since the latter two tend to take a lot more development and resources.

As someone who has played in virtually all aspects of the game over the last 6 years, I think I can say readily that in every group, there are 'whiners'. Who are the most vocal, eh. I'll leave that up to others to decide.

I do agree that labeling all complaints as whining prevents constructive dialogue.

The second I saw Darkcntry as a member of the council my stomach started to hurt.

The biggest troll and the biggest fanboy in a LOTRO commitee. Mind as well get Arbalister, MJK47 and Zarador. Then we'll head in the right direction.

Lol, what a joke.

Anyway, I'm glad someone from here (Stavro and LV) made the list. Congratulations

Anyway, I'm glad someone from here (Stavro and LV) made the list. Congratulations

You forgot one. Laurinaohtar (Runesi) made it as well. :)

The second I saw Darkcntry as a member of the council my stomach started to hurt.

I've been matching forum names to character names (34/70 so far), and there doesn't seem to be too many unreasonable fanbois. Hopefully having an attitude of "I don't like it so you can't have it" was a disqualifying factor. If so, that would explain the lack of outspoken hardcore raiders, since so many of them have advocated for forced-grouping even for content that they never touch.