LOTROCommunity
LordVorontur

Player Council members list.

Lol, I love Dicky's™ post about reading email on his vacation, what a stud and dedicated man he is...but still picks darkcntry ./facepalm

If you're referring to +Sapience, I have nothing to fear from him. Not all council members participate in this community and I'd like to hear from each of them. I asked here because it was working at the time #go forum revamp.

I mean freborn/drkcntry

Congrats to all who got in.

I personally didnt apply but I have had greif (been on Anony) for not applying as well. Not really nice but hey ho!. I'm still playing LOTRO on and off and hope all who did get in represent all aspects of the game to better LOTRO. I am currently thinking LOTRO is lacking somewhat end-game aspect as that seems lost when Riders of Rohan was released with the lackluster 3 token single boss raids.

Nevertheless make us proud!

Hey Vik, will try our best. I agree that end game is lacking at the moment, I also think its about time kinship features got improved.

Hey Vik!

Thanks!

Will try my best. I'm for improvements made for all playstyles.

Among other things!

Got good suggestions, let us know.

Obviously I've been torn between hobbies and games (server events) but my kin is more raiding. They are burning with the fact the three single boss encounters are pretty dire and long for a decent multi-boss raid like OD/Orthanc/Rift with story. Personally it comes down to reward vrs effort. The amount of effort you put in being challenging content should be greater then the soloer who will if they want 'grind' for it. If you look at the last content non-pure raiders can grind for 1st age LI's thats a nice change but Turbine balls it all up letting too much drop in T1....... Plus the loot is too random now.

Hovik-can I ask why you didn't apply? call it morbid curoiusity if you like, but it is kind of nice to see someone else who's getting some grief for not applying. Lets me know its not just the folk on my world who feel that way about it.

Hold on, why are people getting grief for not applying?

Beats me.

It's absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable.

Btw, not in game?

I linked your proposal in Global.

Beats me.

Btw, not in game?

I linked your proposal in Global.

Nope, I'm watching Mighty Boosh :P

Probably won't get much response from our server. I'm universally hated.

Beats me.

My best guesses? A.)They wanted someone on the inside track that they could attempt to influence without having to apply themselves B.)They're still stuck on the false-impression that the players picked from our server are the ones representing us, and they don't like who was chosen.

That's not to imply that I'm either well known or well liked, just that I suspect that people who have been playing in the last 2 years are more likely to know who I am than either of our reps.

I'm happy to report that as the day's gone on, most of it has died down significantly.

My best guesses? A.)They wanted someone on the inside track that they could attempt to influence without having to apply themselves B.)They're still stuck on the false-impression that the players picked from our server are the ones representing us, and they don't like who was chosen.

That's not to imply that I'm either well known or well liked, just that I suspect that people who have been playing in the last 2 years are more likely to know who I am than either of our reps.

Correct. But people knowing your in gets you grief.........

Nope, I'm watching Mighty Boosh :P

Probably won't get much response from our server. I'm universally hated.

Awww.

Can't watch the Boosh, gives me nosebleeds. Too much coke use from Mr Fielding, methinks ;)

It's like listening to The Doors, I go on an acid trip right away ;)

Awww.

Can't watch the Boosh, gives me nosebleeds. Too much coke use from Mr Fielding, methinks ;)

It's like listening to The Doors, I go on an acid trip right away ;)

That's some extreme sensitivity! Just don't watch Jackass or you could end up in A&E :P

I've been matching forum names to character names (34/70 so far).

When you have completed that list I would like to publish it. In fact I feel a blog post coming on about the council, as it seems to many people already have a misconception of what it's role is.

I would also like to see the use of the word "representative" replaced with something more accurate. Some people may see this as just quibbling over semantics but the devil is always in the detail.

I would also like to see the use of the word "representative" replaced with something more accurate. Some people may see this as just quibbling over semantics but the devil is always in the detail.

Not at all, I agree. Seems on the main forums at the moment a lot of arguing about each servers "representatives", there are a number of people that cannot see that no person on the council is "representing" any server even after being told as much numerous times.

You know, with all the "The council member from my server doesn't represent my playing interests!" QQ that's going on over on the official forums makes me think they shouldn't have identified what server people were on. That's what most of the bitching is about.

"QQ, the Elendilmir members aren't uber hardcore raiders!"

"QQ, the Laurelin members aren't uber hardcore RPers!"

etc, etc.. as if it matters. *rolls eyes*

They should have went with the original plan of publishing forum names. Not just to answer the question of 'why doesn't my server have a housing representative, and an RP representative, and a raid representative...', but to give a better paper trail against harassment, and let the council members actually enjoy the game when they log in.

They should have went with the original plan of publishing forum names. Not just to answer the question of 'who does X represent', but to give a better paper trail against harassment, and let the council members actually enjoy the game when they log in.

I can't say I have had much bother in game. Some mail offering congratulations, some tells with some questions, some globallff insults but thats to be expected on Snowy :)

I do think though that you are right, it would have been better to not categorise members by server.

Aww, I feel left out, I've not had any insults! :(

No, not had any hassle, either in Global or on Creepside(I went there earlier).

Some tells with questions, suggestions, etc etc.

Lol, was just about to post on that thread about it being unacceptable to give non-applicants grief over not applying and got logged out by Forums.

Aww, I feel left out, I've not had any insults! :(

Can do.

You're an Elf, aren't you?

You pointy eared freaks are trying to infiltrate the council to steal our in-game Dwarven gold?

No passaran!

Can do.

You're an Elf, aren't you?

You pointy eared freaks are trying to infiltrate the council to steal our in-game Dwarven gold?

No passaran!

You on Snowbourn?

I don't get it, why would non-applicants get grief for not applying?

On the previous page, Crell_1 made a good point about this.