LOTROCommunity
LordVorontur

Player Council members list.

Well, performance issues are high on my list of priorities.

But I'm no corrupt politician, so no presents needed! :D

Oh, and getting working forums, lol. So sloooooooooooow!

But then again, they're already reworking them, hopefully, security and performance of the forums will get improved.

Yeah yeah, that's what they all say. You'll have houses all over the shire before too long and be only declaring one of them :P

You've been one of the biggest fanboys, praising everything Turbine does, since the early CM times, honvik... I'm actually surprised you aren't on that council.

Everything? nope. I'd check my forum postings since the switch to Turbin via their official forums. I've been quite critical of the lack of instances in RoI when we all pre-ordered assuming they were in and then Turbine announcing them soon after the backlash. I was also quite critical for the price point of Rohan with yet again lack of endgame new instances and made a point of the need of at least extra TP's as a sweetener as they again stated no instances till after!.

Surprisingly I'm not all for Turbine (take a peek at my twitter sometime) the days of CM are long gone my friend this is a new beast we have in Turbine and I'm not exactly druming their praises as much as in the past.

To your final question, I didnt apply to the Council for that very reason the assumption I'd auto get in by many people like yourself. My real life has altered somewhat so I've not been wholly around in gaming till a few months ago. Plus the final key thing is I've been greifed in other games because of what you mentioned so felt less hassle is better! This doesnt mean I dont rule it out in 2014 nor voicing my opinons any less.

One of the comments on global last night was how quiet I had been, then you come here and see someone questioning how vocal Voruntur has been so it would seem it's a no win sitiuation. As you say, at the moment it's the weekend and no one is even sure how this is going to work.

I think it stems from one thing buddy. Its how raiders are looking at the ones representing them and not one of the people representing has completed any of the major challenge mode Tier 2 instances like Orthanc/OD. On Snowy its a case non of the big raiding kins are represented but did apply for example the discussion was how Keepers, Ressurection, Riddles, Nine Worlds and another had applied but didnt get in. Thats why as you see on the official forums people are questioning generally how Sapience picked them.

Like I said in the thread on live. I've got 22 chars on 2 accounts on Snowbourn.

I only use global on my 3 highest.

I'm always on Global when I'm logged in on Vorontur.

Just because you haven't seen me there before doesn't mean I have never been on there previously.

Also, I've been doing other things, my LOTRO time hasn't been as regular as I'd liked it to have been due to other things, the last couple of months, and when I've logged in, it's been on random characters.

Heck, I even logged my Reaver Bolgrat yesterday to let the creepside know I'd be checking in there moor(sorry, had to do it).

I'm going to try my best to be in Global far more, I should really join the channel on all my chars on my main account at least.

I've already been getting some feedback, so I'm hoping it keeps coming the way it has.

I've never had a problem with trolls on Snowbourn though.

Don't think it will start now.

Thanks for your reply, it was just through curiosity I asked. I know the council has just been formed and that nothing is in place yet so I wont ask questions.

Should that be the case and the hoped for content isn't delivered then why is it "quite correct" for a council of players making suggestions to be held accountable for the failure of developers to listen?

The hope and assumption by some people is that the Player Council will have a direct role on how content is delivered, thats the perception for now. The whole being held accountable is that this is exactly what occurs in other games when they have done something similar. In any community people sadly look for someone to blame if something they want is not there. The fact remains Turbine's resources are diminishing and with Helms deeps announcement some question where their money has gone i.e in lotro development or to their new MMO.

Well, performance issues are high on my list of priorities.

Oh, and getting working forums, lol. So sloooooooooooow!

But then again, they're already reworking them, hopefully, security and performance of the forums will get improved.

Eeek but dont you find them taking down all the main aspects of the my.lotro site away is a bad thing? I remember us EU's fighting for it for years!. Its a shame its all going with the new board updates including leaderboards. I half expect it cost too much money to maintain them.

One of the comments on global last night was how quiet I had been, then you come here and see someone questioning how vocal Voruntur has been so it would seem it's a no win sitiuation. As you say, at the moment it's the weekend and no one is even sure how this is going to work.

I think you are referring to my post here, now I didn't see you on global at all last night, neither was I looking for, or expecting you to be on global. I did see Vorontor and thought that as this was his maiden voyage so to speak into global since he was selected to the council I would ask why.(I'm a nosy old git). He could have chosen to post in the official forums in general like others or even on the Snowbourn thread. Global is a lot more reactionary and the comments I saw made by him and to him were all favourable.

What I do draw from your post is a little bit of uncertainty and comparing yourself to someone with a different approach. It would only be a no win situation if you allow it to be so. No-one is critisising you, the council hasn't even met and yet your putting yourself down for having a quieter outlook on things.

Someone made an interesting comment. The fact that I knew so many names right off the bat might not be so encouraging. The arguement was made that Turbine had already been hearing from these players for years, and that the council needed more fresh-blood. That is to say for example, that they wouldn't need to ask me what my opinion of Hobbit Presents were. They'd have gotten almost all the information they needed from my writeups on the study-lootboxes. I hope that fresh ideas, are presented, and that some newer folk are in there.

Maybe we could get a couple more fields on that list if its published (Length of time with lotro, account type) =)

the council hasn't even met and yet your putting yourself down for having a quieter outlook on things.

No I wasn't

For what its worth I'm always logged into global but I think the most I mentioned last night was answered someones question about some quest or another, looking to see if anyone was selling Skarn ore and one LFG for Sambrog. There isn't much need to start saying or doing anything council wise at the moment as frankly no one has any idea how its going to function yet.

The hope and assumption by some people is that the Player Council will have a direct role on how content is delivered, thats the perception for now. The whole being held accountable is that this is exactly what occurs in other games when they have done something similar. In any community people sadly look for someone to blame if something they want is not there. The fact remains Turbine's resources are diminishing and with Helms deeps announcement some question where their money has gone i.e in lotro development or to their new MMO.

I wasn't taking any particular issue with your assertion that some in the community would try to hold council members accountable, thats a given, Moderate Peril summed that up quite nicely. My point was your assertion that it is "Quite Correct" that the community should be help accountable for the failure of devs to deliver in the future seems a bit strange to me.

I think it stems from one thing buddy. Its how raiders are looking at the ones representing them and not one of the people representing has completed any of the major challenge mode Tier 2 instances like Orthanc/OD. On Snowy its a case non of the big raiding kins are represented but did apply for example the discussion was how Keepers, Ressurection, Riddles, Nine Worlds and another had applied but didnt get in. Thats why as you see on the official forums people are questioning generally how Sapience picked them.

You keep using this representing word, no where is it stated in the official announcement or otherwise that anyone on the council is representing anyone off the council.

I'm suprised though that you know all 70 odd members raiding history, you must play on a lot of servers.

http://www.lotro.com...-player-council

Members of the Player Council shall …

• Serve for the calendar year in which they are elected. Participate in private chats and other scheduled events with the LOTRO Team.
  • Provide feedback to the LOTRO Team as requested.
  • Comment, from time to time, on aspects or elements of upcoming changes before they have reached an Alpha state and prior to their testing on the Palantir private preview server.
  • Participate, from time to time, in the Palantir Private Preview Program (and be subject to the rules of that program as well).
  • Assist the Community Team in identifying suggestions and recommendations from the community that match the goals set for the Council.
  • Make suggestions and recommendations in accordance with goals set for the council by the LOTRO Team.
  • Participate in and help design focused feedback surveys for the council and the general community.
  • From time to time, be asked to help draft a report on the council’s activities for publication to the entire community.
  • Recommend players to participate in the Small Council.
  • Be guaranteed access to all Beta tests during their term.
  • Be provided with a Turbine Point stipend on a quarterly basis.
  • Be provided a private discussion area for interacting with the LOTRO Team.
  • Courtesy invitations to player parties or other similar events that take place during their term. (travel and other expenses associated with these events are the responsibility of the individual).

I missed the step where its says "act as a representative of their server or particular play style"

No I wasn't

For what its worth I'm always logged into global but I think the most I mentioned last night was answered someones question about some quest or another, looking to see if anyone was selling Skarn ore and one LFG for Sambrog. There isn't much need to start saying or doing anything council wise at the moment as frankly no one has any idea how its going to function yet.

I wasn't taking any particular issue with your assertion that some in the community would try to hold council members accountable, thats a given, Moderate Peril summed that up quite nicely. My point was your assertion that it is "Quite Correct" that the community should be help accountable for the failure of devs to deliver in the future seems a bit strange to me.

You keep using this representing word, no where is it stated in the official announcement or otherwise that anyone on the council is representing anyone off the council.

I'm suprised though that you know all 70 odd members raiding history, you must play on a lot of servers.

http://www.lotro.com...-player-council

I missed the step where its says "act as a representative of their server or particular play style"

Theres a large thread and growing thread over in the instances/raids section where its asking people who are now on the council who are interested in the aspect of raiding to show their experiance and how they plan to proceed.

I do not know the 70 people in question by far, I am merely digging information from various server forums as well as the posts about the Council to sum things up as breifly as possible. I am not critising anyone here for applying I am merely passing along what I can actually see and that was people are most likely going to attempt to make the Council accountable for the Dev's failures in what people perceive as content. It has happened before in other MMO's and was one of the main reasons I didnt apply for that reason. Of course it will all depend how things actually pan out and given Helms Deep is over 6 months away there is a good scope aspects of the expansion may change somewhat depending on feedback.

I would say in the application it does ask you what your main playstyle and on that basis is why certain people were picked to get a broad range of representatives..

Yeah that's why I commented on the people saying they can be contacted for comments/concern or would like to hear people's opinions etc... from what Turbine outlined, it's more like the council is going to be used as a sounding board for things Turbine might be planning, not some unpaid group to come up with their new content. I sorta feel like some members are making themselves out to now possess a wee too much power/influence.

Really everyone needs to tone it down a notch and just wait. :P

edit: was responding to Lauri.

I don't expect much.. just need them to answer everything Turbine says with "FU, still lagging" =P

Should get a psychology class to study this mass marketing experiment. It ought to make for an interesting read regarding herd mentality, perceived vs actual importance, and what that does to a persons personality. I expect all sorts of byplay, both partisan and bypartisan. Like watching a political debate. They ought to have their own channel on you tub.so they can provide entertainment for the masses. I have a good question regarding certain members of the council: Are they really there to contribute, or simply perform more of the same that we've seen for years on the official forums? As in, dissent, trolling, and forum lockout to prevent true discussion from taking place?

Should get a psychology class to study this mass marketing experiment. It ought to make for an interesting read regarding herd mentality, perceived vs actual importance, and what that does to a persons personality. I expect all sorts of byplay, both partisan and bypartisan. Like watching a political debate. They ought to have their own channel on you tub.so they can provide entertainment for the masses. I have a good question regarding certain members of the council: Are they really there to contribute, or simply perform more of the same that we've seen for years on the official forums? As in, dissent, trolling, and forum lockout to prevent true discussion from taking place?

I guess we'll find out eventually.

But I think it needs to be said, this needs to be given the chance of getting off the ground first.

I'll certainly be passing on suggestions I feel are worthy of development time, and it won't matter what style of play they cater to.

I've been reading this proposal today:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?501381-Raid-suggestion-The-Supply-Dump&p=6671628&highlight=#post6671628

I certainly feel if it was fully fleshed out, it would be worthy of development time, and I don't raid.

But I do feel Raiders, just like every other style of play, need to have time/focus/money spent on them.

Here's the list of forum names so far (51/69). Keep in mind that for privacy reasons I'm limiting the list exclusively to those who have publicly associated their council character with their forum account, either by publicly announcing their council status in one of the threads, or listing their council character in their forum signature.

Edit: Up-to-date list here:

Edited by Stavro Mueller

I guess we'll find out eventually.

But I think it needs to be said, this needs to be given the chance of getting off the ground first.

I'll certainly be passing on suggestions I feel are worthy of development time, and it won't matter what style of play they cater to.

I've been reading this proposal today:

http://forums.lotro....ht=#post6671628

I certainly feel if it was fully fleshed out, it would be worthy of development time, and I don't raid.

But I do feel Raiders, just like every other style of play, need to have time/focus/money spent on them.

That sounds quite fun actually to me.

One other question I have. How are we to know that each rep on the list is in fact a truly distinct human being? Some people have multiple accounts. And human nature being what it is I for one believe there would be some who would attempt to spoil the ballets by trying to get on the list twice. Heck we've seen it on Twitter when they do their giveaways. I know, Turbine claims to be able to see those attempts, but really, without violating privacy laws regarding ISPs there is no way for them to know.

As long as they've checked that each member has a unique IP when they log in the forums/game, that should be sufficient to catch most people without going through ISP logs.

Starvo, I note you're referencing the official player council thread and other threads started by members as a 'Hello'.

I'd also consider anyone who posted in http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?509624-Raiding-Council-Reps! answering the questions as listed, to have publically declared their status.

So dumb - people like Darkcountry saying to email them with what you want for the game. As if Turbine would give the council to make broad decisions. For some reasons this bothers me a lot. It is just people egos. Messages will only help them feel more important. The council is not set up for members to be giving ideas on behalf of players - we have all the ideas we need on the forums. IMO the council can best give feedback on what Turbine has already decided or is thinking to do.

Note, I am not saying it is lame of all members who said they can recieve message. Just the ones who said send them to me, we will have a discussion, etc. and I will take the ideas to Turbine. There is no indication that this is correct. What - is Turbine suddenly going to stop reading the forums? Why do they need a council member to tell people what they want. And of course, there is 0 chance Drkcntry would put forth an idea he disagreed with to Turbine. It is a joke to pretend you will represent the players. I love the idea of council members representing players just be sharing their own views on the game, coming from different perspectives.

I'd also consider anyone who posted in http://forums.lotro....ng-Council-Reps! answering the questions as listed, to have publically declared their status.

I'm only using the council-specific threads for those who haven't listed their council-character in their signature, everyone else I'm referencing their signature whether the post was council-related or not.

I have all the names except Gwenfareer (who doesn't show up on my.lotro or lotroaltfinder), at this point I'm just waiting for the remaining 19 to publicly connect their character to their forum account.

Also, I just updated the list, up to 50/69.

Stavro thank you for doing this. I can imagine in the council forums some fights as fanboys fight against anyone saying anything critical of Turbine.

Also, can't believe they accepted DrkCntry. I guess someone wanted him as a defender of Turbine. Or someone never read the forums and did not know who he was.

I'm only using the council-specific threads for those who haven't listed their council-character in their signature, everyone else I'm referencing their signature whether the post was council-related or not.

Yeah...I'd just thought there were a few that were public that weren't on your list. They seem to be on the updated list thus far

Maybe the Vilya rep can shed some light on your remaining member. I'm surprised that either the other 6 members haven't responded to Turbine yet, or +Sapience hasn't announced them yet.

Its' entirely possible that the remaining 6 declined after seeing how these 69 were descended upon, and Turbine has to wait for Monday to mail alternates

Also, can't believe they accepted DrkCntry. I guess someone wanted him as a defender of Turbine. Or someone never read the forums and did not know who he was.

I can't rule out alternate forum accounts, but none of the remaining 18 are the hardcore fanbois, and many appear to be EU transfers (EU server, June 2011 join date, mainly posting in French or German).

As I said, I won't post names until they do, but here's their post counts to verify that none of the remaining ones are known troublemakers.

5 members: 0 posts

6 members: 1-10 posts

4 members: 11-100 posts

2 members: 101-500 posts

1 member: 501-1000 posts

Not sure if this is the right place but when will you know or who will be representing the "Raiders" of Lotro?

Rather than QQ'ing about it any further who can I/we work with to get our concerns raised?

Regardless of peoples opinions we form a good percentage of the player base and have done for some time and whilst i appreciate everyone has to be catered for, the raiders have had a raw deal for sometime content wise, recycled content isn't new content. Majority of the back lash is from Raiders/PVMP and main reason, which ever way you want to argue this are the 2 areas that have had the least amount of focus and all be it when it has been given focus they've screwed it up...

• Removal of Locks.
  • T1 dropping FA symbols.
  • Out Post Buffs.
  • Unbalanced Freep/Creeps.
  • List goes on...

I don't mean this as a dig, but i don't know any of the elected people on Snowy even though i've been on the server for 6 years :? and i've not been active on any other.

Lob