LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Doro

U11 Champ Loot

573485895.png

Seems like a few upgrades to current loot, especially if you have a tank setup (especially the crafted vit ring, the barter vit bracelet and the R10 PvP vit offhand).

I notice that there are two factions for rep grinding. That makes 4+2=6 from 75 to 85, when we had 2+2 in RoI, 2+1 in MoM and one in mirkwood...

Rep grinding is not my favorite part of the game to say the least...

I notice that there are two factions for rep grinding. That makes 4+2=6 from 75 to 85, when we had 2+2 in RoI, 2+1 in MoM and one in mirkwood...

Rep grinding is not my favorite part of the game to say the least...

Not mine either. That's why I use those rep enhancers from Skirm Camps.

Not mine either. That's why I use those rep enhancers from Skirm Camps.

You can get them from skirm camps? Why was I not informed? :-P

You can get them from skirm camps? Why was I not informed? :-P

Yup. I think it's the curiosities vendor. It's the only way I got to Kindred with Limlight without breaking my monitor.

How hard is it to level those new reps ? Can you get Kindred without too many repeatables ? which one is hardest ?

Do you need to grind dailies anyway so rep isn't such a trouble ?

How hard is it to level those new reps ? Can you get Kindred without too many repeatables ? which one is hardest ?

Do you need to grind dailies anyway so rep isn't such a trouble ?

I haven't tried the beta (I don't like doing things more than necessary), so I wouldn't know. However, I'll be using as many rep accelerators as it takes to get kindred by the end of the available quests.

I haven't tried the beta (I don't like doing things more than necessary), so I wouldn't know. However, I'll be using as many rep accelerators as it takes to get kindred by the end of the available quests.

Just out of curiosity. You have so many TP stashed or you buy those with money?

Just out of curiosity. You have so many TP stashed or you buy those with money?

I get them from Skirm camps.

I wish they would bring back the old system where rep was gained by items that dropped as well as tasks. That way you can help out your alts. My LM was in good standing with the dwarves in Moria long before she had set foot in the place.

I like systems that support and help you levelling alts - letting all your characters work together as a team. If you want players to be around a while and level alts then make things work towards benefiting that.

In an ideal world I'd like to be able to summon my alts like skirmish soliders - have Posie and Hodorf questing side by side. After all if you can quest with your friends then why not your own alts?

Yeah, I liked those too. It meant if you had spares you could sell them and if you were feeling lazy you could buy them.

But the likely reason they stopped doing that? It made it too easy to farm TP.

Yeah, I liked those too. It meant if you had spares you could sell them and if you were feeling lazy you could buy them.

But the likely reason they stopped doing that? It made it too easy to farm TP.

I'd love to try and argue that what you're suggesting can't possibly be the reason, because what company would be so bottom-line-focused as to worry about lost income from people who have the free time available to grind rep items for a return of maybe - maybe - 50 TP/hour, but given the direction the game has been headed for quite some time now (i.e., store driving game design), I can't. :P

And yet, I can still walk to the skirmish camp, pick up 500TP worth of rep items., hit delete, and reroll, and do it again. At that point I might even consider spending the 100TP to skip the intro as a time saving measure if I had enough marks to make doing it a few times worth it.

I'd love to try and argue that what you're suggesting can't possibly be the reason, because what company would be so bottom-line-focused as to worry about lost income from people who have the free time available to grind rep items for a return of maybe - maybe - 50 TP/hour, but given the direction the game has been headed for quite some time now (i.e., store driving game design), I can't. :P

If there is a way to buy rep in store somehow (is there?) or at least rep boosters - then getting rid rep items is also about increasing store sales. More people will be willing to spend in store if their only in game option is to grind tasks / quests instead of getting rep i.e. rep items from alts, guild friends, etc

And yet, I can still walk to the skirmish camp, pick up 500TP worth of rep items., hit delete, and reroll, and do it again. At that point I might even consider spending the 100TP to skip the intro as a time saving measure if I had enough marks to make doing it a few times worth it.

That's exactly what I did before RoI came out so I could buy it with TP.

And just imagine how much you could make if they added it to Lothlorien, Mirkwood, the two Enedwaiths, the two Dunlands, the two Great Rivers, the four Rohans and the 2 Wildermores. That's got to be at least 800TP of rep there.

If there is a way to buy rep in store somehow (is there?) or at least rep boosters - then getting rid rep items is also about increasing store sales. More people will be willing to spend in store if their only in game option is to grind tasks / quests instead of getting rep i.e. rep items from alts, guild friends, etc

Plus, the idea that some rep factions require Tasks to be viable for completion. And Task, of course, are limited and require a Mith coin to reset. There will always be ways for Turbine to sneakily get people to spend more money or to withhold ways of allowing people to skip spending (like reducing the advanced deed completion in certain areas to 5 instead of 10).

That's exactly what I did before RoI came out so I could buy it with TP.

I think the only reason I haven't succumb to it at this point is that I've stopped running group content so regularly, so I'd eat up my currency reserve almost instantly.

Stealing the 1h passive stats onto a 2H is an interesting idea, and one that I'd like to see explored, I just wonder how it could work for other classes =)

Stealing the 1h passive stats onto a 2H is an interesting idea, and one that I'd like to see explored, I just wonder how it could work for other classes =)

Well, how many other classes have 2Hs? Just Capts, Champs and Guards, isn't it? That could be fixed exactly the same way. Let them use offhands to add the stats to their 2Hs. Maybe even expand it so that shields can also be used, if people want to go for some weird hybrid. Sounds like a lot more customisation than is currently on offer.

Why stop at being able to stop the terrible passives for just classes that can use 2Handers? Why not provide a way for all classes to get the passives they want? While we're at it, how about being able to steal the base passive from other LIs? Something like 5% Perceived threat.

Well, how many other classes have 2Hs? Just Capts, Champs and Guards, isn't it?

RK and LM both have stats on their main had LI that are random. It is less of an issue for LM as they also get an off hand weapon, but staffs are considered 2 handed

Why stop at being able to stop the terrible passives for just classes that can use 2Handers? Why not provide a way for all classes to get the passives they want? While we're at it, how about being able to steal the base passive from other LIs? Something like 5% Perceived threat.

I don't really mind what classes get it. It's convenience that should have been there from the start.

But can we keep this discussion in the relevant thread?