LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
The MMO Troll

Well, damnit.

I'd like to encourage those of you who may already have the expansion from some means or another who still play rift, or are even willing to just let your PC idle there, that it wouldnt hurt to have some codes to pass along to friends and others who might be interested and miss out on the promotional offer.

I'd like to encourage those of you who may already have the expansion from some means or another who still play rift, or are even willing to just let your PC idle there, that it wouldnt hurt to have some codes to pass along to friends and others who might be interested and miss out on the promotional offer.

I think codes have no use after it is applied to an account.

Correct. But for example, there may be rift players out there who already have the expansion, use steam regularly and only need to spend 5-6 minutes to get themselves another code to share with a friend.

I'm still trying to stay logged on in the hopes I'll be able to grab a code, Jedy. :) Think there's 1900ish left.. so will just have to see.

Correct. But for example, there may be rift players out there who already have the expansion, use steam regularly and only need to spend 5-6 minutes to get themselves another code to share with a JEDY.

Fixed.

(This Rat-trap thing is not working for me for some strange reason - still zero time spent playing...)

Did you confirm that you signed into the application? Did you mouse over it when you logged in and ensure it said "Playing Rift"?

Fixed.

(This Rat-trap thing is not working for me for some strange reason - still zero time spent playing...)

Go to your profit and check your activity feed and see if it mentions you planing Rift. The timer only updates when you log out but the activity feed should give you an approximate time you have played for

Did you confirm that you signed into the application?

Yes

Did you mouse over it when you logged in and ensure it said "Playing Rift"?

No

TY, off to check

Edit - I have no RIFT in my collection, I have not played anything ( 8 hours AFKish in RIFT wasted....)

Edit - I have no RIFT in my collection, I have not played anything ( 8 hours AFKish in RIFT wasted....)

I've wasted a good 2 hours afk because I didn't add RIFT to the collection :) Now uninstalled Raptr and game works fine.

Do you own "Storm Legion"? If not, your level cap is 50 until the game goes F2P on 12 June, or you get a copy of SL.

I got an activation code for SL and can access the new landmass, one of my level ups may have come during a transition

It is that easy. Also you can log into the game while it is downloading so you can start racking up the hours almost straight away. Just remember to have the Raptr desktop app running while you are playing so it tracks your playing time

I think it gets data from Steam, so you may want to start Rift via Steam.

I think it gets data from Steam, so you may want to start Rift via Steam.

It can import your steam data if you have any to save time, but its a one time thing.

I think I have like 3 hours to go before I get Experienced unlocked. Good thing because I plan on uninstalling Raptr once that's done

It's nice to see how lively chat is on Rift . I noticed some were offing to get mounts and bags for newbie players, which is awesome

I think I have like 3 hours to go before I get Experienced unlocked. Good thing because I plan on uninstalling Raptr once that's done

It's nice to see how lively chat is on Rift . I noticed some were offing to get mounts and bags for newbie players, which is awesome

People seem pretty excited about the upsurge in interest in "Rift" this week, it's good to have large amounts of people to play with again. I expect things will be pretty rocking on Wolfsbane and Faeblight this weekend.

add it to the collection, relog your desktop raptr client and game, and enjoy =)

Thanks. :)

It's working now, but with 225 codes left, Elves in concetration camps had a better chance.

Anyway - thank you all for your patience with slow dwarves, seriously.

Main thing is - I did not lose my level 50 info, and in June I'll be able to level it regardless, yes?

Thanks. :)

It's working now, but with 225 codes left, Elves in concetration camps had a better chance.

Anyway - thank you all for your patience with slow dwarves, seriously.

Main thing is - I did not lose my level 50 info, and in June I'll be able to level it regardless, yes?

Yes, on June 12th you'll be able to level to 60 whether you have SL or not.

They added another batch of codes sometime this morning but those went pretty quickly, my advice is to look at the page every few hours if you're past the time requirement

do I need to find a page with the Rift deal on it?

edit: trying to do this today - I think I can figure it out

I played the Lite version to level 20 and knew I was going to like it, so just coughed up the 50 bones for the game and SL expac. But then again, I don't buy lots of games...

I encourage others to do the same. If the first 20 levels don't even slightly interest you, then you should probably save your money. But if you feel like it's something you could get into, you should support the company. From most of what I hear, Trion is worth suppoprting and my experience is good so far...

I didn't make it in time either to claim a code.. but I can still try to keep an eye out for them adding more.

I did log into Rift last night and transferred a couple characters to Icewatch.. and omg, everything is so confusing now, I have no clue what's going on. :P Think I'll definitely have to start a new character to learn the ropes again.

Why it is impossible to paste into this forum? I created a reply in a text editor but this thing won't allow paste. Have to type the whole damn thing out again. Ah sod it, can't be bothered...

Suffice it to way, I got ten minutes into creating a new character in RIFT and got fed up having to close their stupid dialog telling me I was on a trial server. It appeared in German, then in English, then in German, then in English again. After 'closing' it half a dozen times I decided their system was broken and uninstalled the game.

I did log into Rift last night and transferred a couple characters to Icewatch.. and omg, everything is so confusing now, I have no clue what's going on. :P Think I'll definitely have to start a new character to learn the ropes again.

^^^^^THIS

I'm totally lost. The housing system seems awesome if you are into those things, I'm not, turbine could learn a few things from them.

The fishing hobby is just as boring as LOTRO's. Something that is only slightly lest boring in RL doesn't get any better in a virtual world.

The fishing isn't that bad, at least you can make some decent coin with it, all you ever get with LOTRO is 1 copper crap, or something to display, or something to cook. I found a couple crates last night, some dwarven tables for display in the dimension, stuff to trade either for coin or rep, plenty of fish to craft lures with so I don't NEED to keep picking up greys, and at least it looks more real, especially with the clicking sound of the reel.

Levelling is slow, but then, it SHOULD be, something LOTRO has strayed far from.

I like the puzzles you find on each zone, some of them are insanely hard, the Chinese Checkers one, and some of them just good fun, like the maze with the bunnies