LOTROCommunity
MueR

Hullo

Hey hey! :)

Ohhh, I haven't got a ban button, boooooo :(

Going to bash the heck out of that report button, muuuahahahah. I feel freeee, FREEEEEE!

Ahem, on a serious note, hello chaps. I hope to be able to pop in from time to time. Stay in touch and all that :)

Satine.

Haha, hey Satine. Welcome to the "Free Haven". ;)

Give me time to get a proper template sorted out, then I'll see what can be done about signatures. The IPB defaults are rather strict, which I personally like. I've seen people with complete youtube videos in their signatures over at CM's forums (yet they don't allow images), which is just plain annoying ;)

I find overly large pictures in signatures annoying, and likewise with youtube videos. Glad you're taking a cautious approach on this.

And hey, first multi-quote post?

Maybe I'm just conservative when it comes to signatures. I'm used to the restrictions over at Tweakers.net, the largest ICT community in the Netherlands. While users are very limited in what they can do, it does help readability a lot. Large signatures get truncated to a maximum of 5 lines, use of colours are restricted to none in signatures and only three preset colours in posts. So yeah, large signatures 15 times longer than the actual post are not my cup of tea.

Hi everyone, self professed lurker here though I do like to pipe in with a Turbine critical post now and then :*)

Maybe I'm just conservative when it comes to signatures. I'm used to the restrictions over at Tweakers.net, the largest ICT community in the Netherlands. While users are very limited in what they can do, it does help readability a lot. Large signatures get truncated to a maximum of 5 lines, use of colours are restricted to none in signatures and only three preset colours in posts. So yeah, large signatures 15 times longer than the actual post are not my cup of tea.

How about if you restrict the images on the signatures to one created with this? http://lux-hdro.de/fp-signatur.es.php

Hi all!

I hope we wont need this forum... but i fear we will. So i joined up.

A long time ago i took a picture of my main in lotro to use as an avatar, now i finally can use it!! :)

Nice forum Muer! I didn't know a good forum could be created this quickly, and i assume this isn't costing you a lot of money in licenses.

Maybe start a new thread on CMs boards advertising this one? I think the URL is perhaps lost in that existing thread.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/lord-rings-online-general-discussion-424/463149-introducing-lotrocommunity.html :)

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/lord-rings-online-general-discussion-424/463149-introducing-lotrocommunity.html :)

Mmmm. Now that this isn't an official lotro forum, perhaps it could be a nice option for spanish players too :D Spanish wasn't allowed at cm btw.

Mmmm. Now that this isn't an official lotro forum, perhaps it could be a nice option for spanish players too :D Spanish wasn't allowed at cm btw.

Si, Español es la tercera lengua más hablada en el mundo

I have not practiced my Spanish for a long time, sorry if thats rubbish! I never understood why there was French and German but no Spanish.

Si, Español es la tercera lengua más hablada en el mundo

I have not practiced my Spanish for a long time, sorry if thats rubbish! I never understood why there was French and German but no Spanish.

Because there are French and German clients but no Spanish?

Because there are French and German clients but no Spanish?

I never understood why there were French and German but no Spanish clients.

I never understood why there were French and German but no Spanish clients.

Haha. I agree! We asked Satine about the subject many times, but they always said that spanish wasn't supported (and I was like: tell me something I don't know yet...). They didnt let us write in spanish at the forums either...

Haha. I agree! We asked Satine about the subject many times, but they always said that spanish wasn't supported (and I was like: tell me something I don't know yet...). They didnt let us write in spanish at the forums either...

I won't either, until there's a spanish subforum with spanish moderators ;)

Howdy all. Hope y'all don't mind me jumping on board, even though I only play sporadically these days - for reasons that would likely get me banned from the Turbine forums if I detailed them over there. ;)

Hopefully if we get a good proportion of the forum-posting player base here, from the US and Europes, this new forum can become an important hub for the community. Away from the eyes of Turbine and the draconian moderation of their own forums we should get a much clearer idea of how the players actually feel.

For that reason, I very much hope these forums take off in a big way.

Howdy all. Hope y'all don't mind me jumping on board, even though I only play sporadically these days - for reasons that would likely get me banned from the Turbine forums if I detailed them over there. ;)

Well, this is the place for venting ;)