LOTROCommunity

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hullo! Feel free to sign up to talk about LOTRO. Why would you do that if you can do it over on the official forums? Well, let's say we're a bit less sensitive when it comes to criticism. Th

Concerning the guides, I would say: ask the authors if you can re-post them here. Or even better, if they would re-post them here I'm open to any suggestions for sub-forums, I just copied a few

Hey hey! Ohhh, I haven't got a ban button, boooooo Going to bash the heck out of that report button, muuuahahahah. I feel freeee, FREEEEEE! Ahem, on a serious note, hello chaps. I hop

Hi All,

just registered and wanted to say Hello.

There is a discussion in the German CM-subforums about the future of the community and on which forum people should gather again after June 1st. I think I will post a comment there and try to direct some attention to this place (though I cannot post links there because less than 15 posts...after 4 years :$ ). Would be great if this one becomes a success and many join here.

Oh, before I forget it......Thanks MueR for trying to create a new place for the European lotro community and for all the effort that comes with it.

Nice forum Muer! I didn't know a good forum could be created this quickly, and i assume this isn't costing you a lot of money in licenses.

In short: since vBulletin sucks nowadays the internet bureau MueR works for wanted to set up a test case with IPBoard to see whether it does what we want for our customers. He said he wanted to set up a 'side' community for Lotro players, and we added a and b together. So his boss (which would be me) is sponsoring licensing and hosting for the board, and MueR runs it in his own time. Hope y'all enjoy it and make it a success :)

• Upvote 1

Hello,

and thank you for what you have done so far. Doesn't look bad and I really hope, that this forum will be a success

Some suggestions:

1. Make the forum multilingual. There are many German and surely some French players who'd to like stay together.

2. Use the structure the of CM-forums as a blueprint for this forum. You won't need all of the subforums of the offical forums of course, but you should set up equivalents for the official subforums that have been "hot spots" of the community.

By the way, I have small gift for your new home:

favicon.png

Tadaaaa! The perfect LOTRO-favicon! I use it for all of my LOTRO-websites.

Hello everyone. Nice to see some familiar faces!

Much respect to the guy who's put up this forum. I'm glad there's a place we can freely discuss the game without having threads unfairly locked, infraction points and whatnot.

Hello everyone. Nice to see some familiar faces!

Much respect to the guy who's put up this forum. I'm glad there's a place we can freely discuss the game without having threads unfairly locked, infraction points and whatnot.

O.o How did you manage to stalk me? :(

xD

Has anyone linked to this place on the US forums yet? If we could get a steady stream of refugees from both sites it'd be pretty groovy.

Would Turbine allow a thread with a link leading to a competition? They might lose their posters, who might transfer here :P

I don't see why not. They allow links to hundreds of kinship sites, alliance boards and whatnot.

Just call it a community for EU based people (although all are invited to join), rather than a community for people escaping the tyranny of Turbine's forum moderators! The latter might not go down too well with said moderators.

Would it be allowed to place this link in your signature instead over there? Seems to be a bit a more impact than making one topic that you hope won't be closed.

I put it in my sig over there but I must admit I don't exactly post much on the US forums so it may not get noticed much.