LOTROCommunity
MueR

Hullo

Hi All, lurked around the Codies forum for years, love the entertainment ;). Thought I would come here for more. :D

Wicked! Awesome! Woohoo! ...maybe I've had too much cola....Hi

Wicked! Awesome! Woohoo! ...maybe I've had too much cola....Hi

Quick, everybody hide B-)

Quick, everybody hide B-)

<Hide in Plain Sight>

"Say, is cola making her hyperactive or nauseous-...

<Spotted!>

Gah!

Too much coffee on my part. }:|

Hi from me (and a free name change! I shoulda done this years ago!) and a biiiiig thank you to MueR for setting this up. I suspect we'll get a load more incoming once the CM forums are quiet...

You so obviously didn't meet me long enough that time :P Hell, if you knew what BOFH stood for you wouldn't screw up capitalization on the O anyway ;)

Well, properly, in English it should be BOfH, so you didn't get it right either, but at least mine was just a typo. As opposed to *coughing fit*. :P

The original writer disagrees ;)

So? He's American! :P And the descriptor line as it appears on Google is "Official archive of Bastard Operator from Hell episodes from 2000 onwards". Lowercase f.

He is?! :$ Thought he was a Yank... Still, that's not much of improvement. They consumedly mangle our language as well...

Stop derailing this thread! Question was if BOFH was applicable as a title to Niels. To quote: "By extension, the term is also used to refer to any system administrator who displays (or wishes he could get away with) the qualities of the original." (link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard_Operator_From_Hell) So regardless if Niels has above mentioned qualities or not, BOFH does seem to apply to him :Y)

And Bas ofc is more like the PFY d;)b

I found it in a link on the official LOTRO forums.

The guy who posted that link said something like "if you get tired of this Stalinesque forum and broken website go here with the link to this site. LOL

Here is the post he is talking about:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?392985-Why-a-forum-is-not-a-forum-About-the-German-CM-forum&p=5360766#post5360766

Hi All

Good luck with this venture, a great concept. I will be hovering around and occasionally prodding people on the Snowy PVP forums.

Here is the post he is talking about:

http://forums.lotro....766#post5360766

Reading this thread, you see how utterly foolish some of the moderator's defenders are in their speech. For example, one said, "Turbine doesn't delete posts/threads, they move them to an area that is viewable only to them." In a technical sense, Turbine hasn't, but to the community at large, they have effectively done so.

But that is what the Ministry of Truth is supposed to do, after all...

In a technical sense, Turbine hasn't, but to the community at large, they have effectively done so.

Not only that. Deleted posts and threads are not deleted, even if they are "deleted". Mods can view every "deleted" post and thread, so it doesn't matter if anything is moved.

Question was if BOFH was applicable as a title to Niels. To quote: "By extension, the term is also used to refer to any system administrator who displays (or wishes he could get away with) the qualities of the original." (link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard_Operator_From_Hell) So regardless if Niels has above mentioned qualities or not, BOFH does seem to apply to him :Y)

And Bas ofc is more like the PFY d;)b

Niels is acknowledged Management, and therefore can't be a BOfH. Besides which, have you forgotten what the O stands for? You don't learn the B by starting as an A. BOfH started as an O, and if you didn't, you can't be. Now, I was BOfH before the first BOfH was ever written, and I've done the A too. The question is was Niels ever a proper bona-fide Operator? (Yer still disqualified by reason of being management, mind! :P)

And of course Bas is PFY. I did say "apprentice"... ;)