LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Darmokk

Broken since earlier today: buttons missing

Since some time earlier today this board is missing the buttons in the "view new content" view that you can use to jump into the threads at the position where you left off.

Since some time earlier today this board is missing the buttons in the "view new content" view that you can use to jump into the threads at the position where you left off.

Weird, I still have it at the top-right side of the site, just below the Search field. Maybe it's a browser issue?

No I mean in the results page, left of the threads.

Template cache started to play tricks on us. Should be fine now :)

Template cache started to play tricks on us. Should be fine now :)

God i hate forum cache. It's even worse you tweak something on the CSS, maybe change an image or something and no matter how many times you clear down the cache it still won't change when viewed, then you give up and five minutes later it fixes itself AFTER you deleted the new image because it wouldn't work and then you have to start all over again lol

If this is the worst that happens on this board, it will still be 1000% better than the official forums.

Not sure where to post. I am bugged by the new forums. No where to get advanced editing features - that I can find. No way to remove formatting. When I edit a post I only have a few buttons to edit. It's a big loss in functionality - unless I can find all the missing features we used to have.

This any better?

edit: my edit screen is just full editor?

Edited by MueR

Oooh these new 'remove formatting' and 'preferences' buttons are nice. Just need a fix for the quoting issues and we'll be back to perfect!

Thank you. Looks great.  

Is there anyway when I edit a post to get some of these options? I only have a few buttons when edit my post. Any way to get full editor when editing?

Still, this is great. 

Test..

Okay, I get the full editor on edits on this regular user too. Are you using a phone by chance? The editor is limited on small screens (phones) to preserve space.

Edited by Rhyaehar

Hey, you solved it. I am on a MacBook Pro, and my Chrome is at 85% of screen width. That was the problem - when I went to 100% of the screen, the full editor showed up.

There, definitive proof that Apple products are sheit. (my professional opinion as a software developer :P)

Edited by MueR