LOTROCommunity

Awesome RL-screenshot thread

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aw what a sweetie that pup is! Female house sparrow on my cherry tree by wenxue2222, on Flickr Sparrow taken out the back window this morning before it started tipping it down with rain.

I obviously didn't take these photos, but they are so incredibly awesome, I wanted to share them anyway. A friend emailed them to me as a PowerPoint slideshow (there are 40 slides here).

Went to the London Wetlands Centre yesterday (been going there often for about a year) Mother Mallard duck and 17 ducklings by wenxue2222, on Flickr The story behind this is: I first

I went out to fill up the "bird" feeder this morning and there were five of them sat at various points around the garden watching and waiting for me. It's a tiny garden and there were a lot of dark squirrel eyes very close and following me and the bowl of sunflower seeds. As soon as I was back inside one of them was in the feeder and another two were squabbling over it.

Edit - it's very hard to get a photo of a bee or butterfly - firstly they move so fast and secondly you have to have a camera with a fast enough shutter speed to catch them without being a mass of blur.

5553758616_a8b5abc9a6.jpg

Bee and Blossom by wenxue2222, on Flickr

This one of mine made it on to BBC Springwatch's red button thingy this year.

So many pretty pictures in here! Although I don't have a fancy camera, photography is one of my hobbies and I have a few pictures to share from my trip to Germany earlier this year:

5565234856_729744bfa1_m.jpg

monastery von deniseneko auf Flickr

5564658157_1f5ff34bc0_m.jpg

5565238318_8f0ab64f9e_m.jpg

The monastery is called "Vierzehnheiligen", they brew very tasty beer there :)

I'm tiny and everyone says my DSLR with a 70-300mm lens seems enormous for me but honestly you do get used to the weight and size very easily. I tend to rest it on my camera bag when I'm not pointing it at something.

Photographed this Dragon Fly in my garden with a very cheap digital camera, was most pleased with the results

dragonfly2.jpg

And this one, from my phone, of a most peculiar plant at Bodnant Gardens, North Wales

bodnant.jpg

Might be my browser but the (amazing) image of the dragonfly is very large and I can't see that plant at all. I went to Bodnant Gardens once as a kid but I can't remember much about it except that it was the first time I think I had seen a bridge in a garden and I wanted one.

Might be my browser but the (amazing) image of the dragonfly is very large and I can't see that plant at all. I went to Bodnant Gardens once as a kid but I can't remember much about it except that it was the first time I think I had seen a bridge in a garden and I wanted one.

Apologies, have resized the images.. hope its OK now :$