LOTROCommunity

Awesome RL-screenshot thread

I obviously didn't take these photos, but they are so incredibly awesome, I wanted to share them anyway. A friend emailed them to me as a PowerPoint slideshow (there are 40 slides here).

All I can say is just "Wow!" What an incredible place to have only recently been discovered.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aw what a sweetie that pup is! Female house sparrow on my cherry tree by wenxue2222, on Flickr Sparrow taken out the back window this morning before it started tipping it down with rain.

I obviously didn't take these photos, but they are so incredibly awesome, I wanted to share them anyway. A friend emailed them to me as a PowerPoint slideshow (there are 40 slides here).

Went to the London Wetlands Centre yesterday (been going there often for about a year) Mother Mallard duck and 17 ducklings by wenxue2222, on Flickr The story behind this is: I first

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wenxue2222/sets/72157626953662100/

Been busy recently making some shiny things. My fingers are more superglue than skin at the moment.

:O Wanna have the one with the butterfly below (photo 6)

there all pretty, but I love that one *O*

Someone in Finland just wrecked a yellow (should be a crime! only red will do!) Ferrari. It was a rental. 7(8)7

Picture: crash

So don't feel bad if you didn't get to drive it. I only got to test drive my fathers Mustang 289 cid '65 Fastback ONCE after he rebuilt it and third price in the original contest. It's sold now and I am waiting for the day to get my hands on one like it....

Went to the London Wetlands Centre yesterday (been going there often for about a year)

5873019424_b936e5908c.jpg

Mother Mallard duck and 17 ducklings by wenxue2222, on Flickr

The story behind this is:

I first came across this family by the East Asia section. They were trying to get through the fence into the water. They couldn't. They then spent the next 20 minutes between there and the wildside door and the Australia section of the World Wetlands walking along fences trying to find a way to water. They were getting hot and tired and at one point one of the ducklings got trapped in one of the enclosures. They needed to get to water soon or it was all over for them.

I somehow then persuaded them to follow me. I don't know how. Maybe I look or smell like a duck. Anyway with a lot of hand waving and patience Mother and all 17 little ones followed me all the way to the reed beds at the picnic area and finally reached open water. The looks on all their faces and the amount of noise they made when they reached water made it very obvious just how glad they were to be there.

After the facebook group meet up I went back and managed to find them again. They seemed happy and settled in the open reed beds at the side of the old crane enclosure.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmmm RL-Screenshots... i really love the detailled textures... and my super-makro for all kind of small things *O*

Here some of my insects...

img_1908lnw8.jpg img_19443nxi.jpg img_16700usy.jpg img_1687eud5.jpg img_16587usb.jpg

...and the mandatory cat *purrrrr*

img_1849xn8x.jpg

PS: Rosiebelle your "shiny things" are great, do you sell them? :P

• Upvote 1

262v1tu.jpg

10wkw83.jpg

11abceh.jpg

A few pics i took on a recent trip out to Hurst Green, near Clitheroe.

J.R.R. Tolkien stayed at Hurst Green for a while and it was apparently the inspiration for The Shire, we didn't go on the Tolkien Trail but i thought these pics were Middle earthy d;)b

Tolkien Trail

Ooo been ill for a while so not been about and not played LOTR for a while. Still ill actually.

Lynwen I don't sell the stuff as it's not professional standard but I have made some things for my Mum and my partner's Mum and most people are getting earrings for xmas :)

I made these at the weekend - quite the fiddliest I have done yet. Wearing them now.

5974911158_28c4e889e0.jpg

Carnelian, Lapis and Quartz earrings by wenxue2222, on Flickr

Ooo been ill for a while so not been about and not played LOTR for a while. Still ill actually.

Lynwen I don't sell the stuff as it's not professional standard but I have made some things for my Mum and my partner's Mum and most people are getting earrings for xmas :)

I made these at the weekend - quite the fiddliest I have done yet. Wearing them now.

5974911158_28c4e889e0.jpg

Carnelian, Lapis and Quartz earrings by wenxue2222, on Flickr

Very nice! How much time did those take to make, the metal parts especially look shiny.

So.. how much icpr do they give? ;)

Very nice! How much time did those take to make, the metal parts especially look shiny.

So.. how much icpr do they give? ;)

They give a bonus to might :)

They took about an hour and a half. Tricky bit is the top pins which have to be opened up and closed round the loop above but then you have to glue the bead to the pin part of that top pin while the weight of the rest of the earring is pulling in the other direction. There were 5 top pins in each earring. The metal bit at the top is a connector. You buy different sorts of them from ebay and then you can either put beads on or if they are smaller ones you can join two connectors together and hang a bead from the base or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Few pictures from "Age of Verla" Verlan Aika, a mediaval festival held last weekend in Finland. Theme was war and warriors in the iron age. Official web page has nice® photos: http://www.wix.com/jetfactory/verlanaika2011

Sorry about the rather poor camera work, I had 10 kilos hanging from my other arm: https://picasaweb.google.com/118356617686961040715/VerlanAika2011?authkey=Gv1sRgCJiPhL_nye-rswE

P.S. Tractors weren't part of the festivities, some people just decided to drive these babies rather than these modern auto-mobiles.

• 3 weeks later...

All awesome pics in this thread! Thought it needed some moar cats so here's a couple of Browser teh cat *O*

4829426558_7582876e07_b.jpg

4829097741_dcd12fefee_b.jpg

And a snap of my bro's shiny new car taken with a Nikon kit lens which I was pretty pleased with.

4151515338_ef7b6e70bc_b.jpg

Are you using a Nikon D90/D300 with the 70-300 VR Rosiebelle? Your pics are lovely and sharp ;)

I'm using a D5000. Got it about a year ago. Got a 18-50 kit lens, a 35mm fixed fast lens and a Tamron 70-300 lens (which I use the most).

Here's the photos from my week in France with my family (got back late last night) - birds, bugs, my baby nephew and Niort market!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wenxue2222/sets/72157627555285140/

:Y

I'm using a D5000. Got it about a year ago. Got a 18-50 kit lens, a 35mm fixed fast lens and a Tamron 70-300 lens (which I use the most).

Here's the photos from my week in France with my family (got back late last night) - birds, bugs, my baby nephew and Niort market!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wenxue2222/sets/72157627555285140/

I nearly went for the Tamron 70-300 too, but ended up with the Nikon 70-300 VRII ( which I'm very happy with, stays nice and sharp at both extremes ) with a 1.5x teleconverter. I'd heard mixed reviews about the build quality of the Tamrons, but I since bought a Tamron 90mm macro and it's been spot on so far. Certainly nothing wrong with the IQ of the Tamron 70-300 from looking at your pics :*) One thing I did notice, the D5000 struggles with a saturated red channel, same as my D90. I keep looking at at a d700 and trying to talk myself into ponying up the cash, apparently it handles reds much better, and the noise is supposed to be excellent even at 3600 ISO, my D90 can get a bit nasty even at 800.....