LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
LasraelLarson

Where is Fernando Paiz?

i figured this might be worthy of its own thread.

from a cursory viewing of the DDO forums, it would seem there isn't a single mention, asking what Fernando is doing now. granted i don't follow these forums to know if such questions have been swept away, as i am accustomed to seeing on the official lotro forums, for subjects deemed taboo.

or it really could be a case that the populous simply doesn't care.

i don't have a history with those forums to know one way or another.

so is anyone here more current with things DDO & have any idea if he has moved onto another Turbine project?

i just find the whole thing curious.

at least with LoTRO, no one had any idea Jeffery Steefal had moved off LoTRO & onto IC until much much later when Kate Paiz popped up in his position.

anyway, if Fernando Paiz is still in fact with Turbine, one wonders what/where it could possibly be?

edited: oh man, to be able to add an H to that title >.<

edited: oh man, to be able to add an H to that title >.<

fixed it

He's either assigned to Turbine unannounced project or he's on some highest administrative position taking care of whole Turbine in some field and not being tied to specific singular game project. I would susprect him having influence on overall WB MMO Strategy&monetization creation or taking care of merging Turbine into WB.

I very doubt he is not in Turbine. He's propably trying to make a corporate career in Warner Bros now that Turbine is part of it.

He's either assigned to Turbine unannounced project or he's on some highest administrative position taking care of whole Turbine in some field and not being tied to specific singular game project. I would susprect him having influence on overall WB MMO Strategy&monetization creation or taking care of merging Turbine into WB.

I very doubt he is not in Turbine. He's propably trying to make a corporate career in Warner Bros now that Turbine is part of it.

Hehe. I'd say you got the monetization part correct for sure...

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1012520/The-Future-of-MMO-Monetization

fixed it

thank you! i shall endevour to be less lazy with my editing in the future. though when i mess up Paiz/Piaz i generally never notice that... ;)

yeah, it doesn't seem as though they've fired him.

i guess it isn't too terribly surprizing no one appears to be asking over at DDO, but then again, no one there should be surprised when Executive Producers make public statements regardling players & likening them to drug addicts. if a significant employee shuffle occurs & folks effectively don't even bat an eye... they are rather pre-occupied, though certainly not entirely happy as those forums has their share of complaints as well.

so the turbine projects are:

- Infinite Crisis

- LoTRO

- DDO

-Ashrons Call (1&2)

my guess would be that he is with none of those... to have Steefal moved out of IC even before launch seems unlikely, though they've opted to shift the public front man to Cardell Kerr, so who can say for certain. Ashrons Call2 would seem like a demotion; it certainly has potential among former players, but unless my read is wrong, no one else gives a .... so, yeah doesn't seem likely.

is there any other than those 4 mentioned?

Warner do seem to be utilizing Turbine to facilitate other titles from other developers under their corperate umbrella, & i suspect he may be playing a role in that.

anyway, does anyone here follow the DDO forums to say if that community has brought this topic up, only to have it swept away? or do those folk really not pay attention to shifts like this?

@LasraelLarson The further Fernando Paiz is from any type of meaningful role in any organisation the better. He has some very interesting theories but horrific execution completely contradicting and undermining the reasons people play games.

yeah, i think the introduction of loot boxes happened after the Paiz's arrived.

and now the hobbit presents, which have a lovely slot-machine style wrapper, (oh but the lovely buzz alert has a present icon... FFS!)

to be blunt... I wish these Cox Box style grifters would piss directly the fuck off! it is getting so old having them shit all over what could otherwise be decent games.

unfortunately, they must be having some positive effect on the bottom line, & folk are pulled in past the free pull & dropping real coin. i only wish folk would get wise, but i beleive the expression goes, "there is no cure for stupid..."

*sigh/shrug*

Well in doing a snoop in their forums his name appears in a few recent threads from April and notably the latest one from May 2013 asking about when DDO will get its next expansion, where a member posted this:

"Becausevery few if anybody cares what Fernando says any more... He's typically wrong, gets excited about huge development black holes such as "Underwater combat" and is part of the big problem with DDO in many peopels opinion, well at least MY opinion. Don't want to sound mean... He's probably a nice enough guy... But it's pretty clear where DDO's problems are and have been for a VERY long time. "

Well in doing a snoop in their forums his name appears in a few recent threads from April and notably the latest one from May 2013 asking about when DDO will get its next expansion, where a member posted this:

"Becausevery few if anybody cares what Fernando says any more... He's typically wrong, gets excited about huge development black holes such as "Underwater combat" and is part of the big problem with DDO in many peopels opinion, well at least MY opinion. Don't want to sound mean... He's probably a nice enough guy... But it's pretty clear where DDO's problems are and have been for a VERY long time. "

lol!

it's a bit of deja vu reading those comments. ;)

image.png.526b8378661fd6490f5b11e47a005d42.png

sometimes i go down the oddest rabbit holes...  & end up sharing what i drag back up, resurfacing that which was laying low.

i have found the Paizs new company...  turns out its been around since the end of 2017.

https://stormflaggames.com/about/

this is the current offering & apparently a first look at, "E Sports for Everyone" :

& youtube channel: Storm Flag Games

now you all know as well.  ;)

59 minutes ago, LasraelLarson said:

i have found the Paizs new company...  turns out its been around since the end of 2017.

Holy fuck, are they really that disconnected from reality? They set up some shitty little "consulting" company for MMOs. What, so that other games can be driven into the ground by your greed and economic ignorance? They listed "Player Retention" as a service. This has to be some sort of massive satirical bit, there's no way those two cunts can be that oblivious.

27 minutes ago, Doro said:

This has to be some sort of massive satirical bit, there's no way those two cunts can be that oblivious.

I think they are absolutely serious, and would not understand what you are about.

I thought you all knew about the Paiz company or else I might have linked their shenanigans. I never bothered to follow up on any leads to their whereabouts since 1st learning of their E-sports bandwagon attempt. Nor did I ever try to find a real location for their work place but I'll take a stab at it now. They are housed in the WB/old Turbine building along side SSG, Shit Show Games.

I could be wrong but every game they touted on their website that was after DDO and LotRO tanked and I mean sank like a rock. Thinking about this company and SSG in relation to WB shows me both are independent companies subcontracted by WB. Which goes back to previous things I said as to the ownership of LOTRO and DDO. It makes sense for WB to shed all the burdens of the overhead cost of a company like Turbine who were likely on the verge of collapse. Sad thing about LotRO is its only saving grace is a demon well known to destroy games and their communities for near 20 years. This being SOE/DBG.

I still firmly believe LotRO is owned by WB. Also it is them paying for the license. If a person were to delve into the interactive game side of WB, I'd wager they would find some names in common in both WB and SSG and possibly DBG. Those game credits on the LotRO load screen are a vast treasure of info into the reality of LotRO and its greater connection's to other entities.

13 hours ago, Doro said:

Holy fuck, are they really that disconnected from reality? They set up some shitty little "consulting" company for MMOs. What, so that other games can be driven into the ground by your greed and economic ignorance? They listed "Player Retention" as a service. This has to be some sort of massive satirical bit, there's no way those two cunts can be that oblivious.

and if you pop around to IO sites, or look at their youtube channel, the actual engagement is almost non existent.  one ridiculously unoriginal game to Storm Flags credits.  i pity anyone who is actually suckered in by these 2.  sadly, stupid of that depth actually exists.

5 hours ago, Splay said:

I thought you all knew about the Paiz company or else I might have linked their shenanigans. I never bothered to follow up on any leads to their whereabouts since 1st learning of their E-sports bandwagon attempt. Nor did I ever try to find a real location for their work place but I'll take a stab at it now. They are housed in the WB/old Turbine building along side SSG, Shit Show Games.

I could be wrong but every game they touted on their website that was after DDO and LotRO tanked and I mean sank like a rock. Thinking about this company and SSG in relation to WB shows me both are independent companies subcontracted by WB. Which goes back to previous things I said as to the ownership of LOTRO and DDO. It makes sense for WB to shed all the burdens of the overhead cost of a company like Turbine who were likely on the verge of collapse. Sad thing about LotRO is its only saving grace is a demon well known to destroy games and their communities for near 20 years. This being SOE/DBG.

I still firmly believe LotRO is owned by WB. Also it is them paying for the license. If a person were to delve into the interactive game side of WB, I'd wager they would find some names in common in both WB and SSG and possibly DBG. Those game credits on the LotRO load screen are a vast treasure of info into the reality of LotRO and its greater connection's to other entities.

more a case of lost interest.  my initial curiosity was if they had actually moved away from Turbine, or will still clawing away out of public view.  all the licensing & registration for the name Storm Flag Games started up at the very end of 2017.

the E Sports thing is a joke.  there is literally nothing about their one game that is E Sports.  they basically make games for idiots, more insulting is they thing that means everyone.  but that is the level of schmuck we are dealing with.

as for Warner, they only care about retaining the IP.  whatever deal is on the books, Warner would have only protected retention of the rights & future use of IP.  beyond that they don't give a single fuck about the games.  never have.  & any licensing conundrum has all but dissipated since the settlement with the Tolkien Estate out of Court. & now that Christopher Tolkien is no longer the executor...  even the exclusive rights for MMO's is no longer an exception.  that is why there is another one from Amazon on the horizon.

http://www.athlongames.com/

^that is basically just a shell company.  those 4 splash pages have been there forever, still no hires.  a distraction.  but the MMO to coincide with the Amazon series is in the works & if they do it right be developed in tandem with the filming of the story.... "Young Aragorn."

& as far as a physical office for Storm Flag Games...  not actually required.  it is entirely plausible both Paizs work from home.  the IO game is hosted by various io game sites, no need for a dedicated server structure, or data-center.

but beyond that, my intent for posting this update was to show these 2 carny clowns in some daylight and give the sideshow a bit of exposure.  not to boost, merely to point and laugh...   just deserts.  ;)

i wonder where the Paizs could have possibly come up with this SUPER original idea, that hasn't been done to death by the industry since the 80's...

and a lot better i might ad...

but emojis and coin unlocks...

E SPORTS for EVERYONE!

*sigh*

fucking grifters.

What's really troubling is with all that "talent" that was the best logo they could come up with?  Is that MS paint?

43 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

What's really troubling is with all that "talent" that was the best logo they could come up with?  Is that MS paint?

Yeah, it's pretty fucking bad. Even the most basic of designers knows vectors > pixels.