LOTROCommunity

400 up!

Berillac

Just logged in and noticed that the forum is up to 400 members. This is a great achievement, and may we continue to grow.

Congratulations to all involved in creating and maintaining the forum!! d;)b

Big congratulations to MueR for getting this thing off the ground. It will be interesting to see where we end up once the CM LoTRO forums go "off air".

Am I right in thinking that the link to here that was posted on the Turbine forums was removed, or did I imagine that?

Am I right in thinking that the link to here that was posted on the Turbine forums was removed, or did I imagine that?

There were actually several links posted over there. I don't think they got them all. But, most of the ones left are buried in longish threads on other topics.

Well done, MueR and company! It's cool to get on board before it's cool. :P

A conspiracy! Well, it's no money out of CM's pocket if we let people know about this forum, but it definitely is an "up yours" to the T. As it should be, since they can't take the criticism on their own forums.

I'm just going to take a leap of faith here, but I'm of the thought that, if Turbine did allow reasoned criticism and tried to answer it honestly, they could diminsh some of the perceived animosity towards them. But that's just me. ;)

:*) Stuff like this probably doesn't hurt us:

I have no personal axe to grind with the official Turbine forums, but they are somewhat more rigid in their rules and moderation that the EU counterpart. So for those who wish a little more freedom and the benefit of an independent perspective, the "LOTRO Community" offers a good alternative. It will be interesting to see how there [sic] membership grows over the following months. I also think it may be a focal point for news and information within the wider community. "Contains Moderate Peril" therefore wishes them the best of luck.

LOTRO Community. A new independent forum. -- posted at "Contains Moderate Peril"

I am very glad to be here, I am very glad we are all here, I am glad for many many reasons, but most of all I am glad to have the Community ad the game itself :)

Lets all look forward to a bright future as we head down the road to Mordor ;)