LOTROCommunity
mtones

What are you Listening to?

I don't watch TV other than a few cable series and movies, so music is a big part of my life. In honor of recent thread discussions on guitars, synthesizers, music et.al., I thought it would be fun to have a thread to share here what people like to hear. An old forum I was part of had a thread similar to this in the hundreds of pages and we had so much fun with it, I discovered lots of gems that way. Let's see where we end up?

Being bi-cultural I tend to have pretty eclectic tastes sometimes, but generally range from old school rock, to jazz, metal, new age, and everything that otherwise supports the mood. Speaking of old school for example, I dug up this pre-synthesizer era piece to greet my foggy morning...

when it comes to music, my tastes are downright schizophrenic; which with each addition to this thread, i'll no doubt prove. ;)

let's start here:

gotta love the voice of Gabriel!

The music in the whole Myst series is just amazing and Gabriel was indeed a great addition to it. The soundtrack for Revelation in particular is one of my favorites :)

The music in the whole Myst series is just amazing...

Indeed it was. Can't have a music thread talking about games without mentioning the soundtracks from The Grim Fandango, and Bioshock Infinite. The whole GF soundtrack was a work of art, and 'Will the circle be unbroken' from Bioshock Infinite is the most moving track I've heard in any game, even a cynical metal-head ( at least in taste ) like me can appreciate the beauty in it. Both soundtracks fitted the storylines / atmosphere perfectly.

And one back from long before metal sold out.

Have some of THIS!

(I am into things that rock, whether they be blues, classic rock, heavy metal, hard rock, progressive stuff, etc etc. I listen to a wide range of bands, from A7X to Whitesnake!) (going alphabetically, because that's what's in my music folder on my NAS)

A little reggae-flamenco for a twist in espaƱol from my vault...

happy saturday

eh... wow-za! I think my brother-in-law would like to have "helpers" like that at his job site, hehe ;)

Queensryche's "Scarborough Fair".

Avantasia - Savior in the Clockwork from the 2013 album. Boy does this forum's editor suck, though. I feel dirty getting this beautiful music through it.

Various live versions of Iron Maiden's "Run to the hills".

Various Loreena Mckennitt songs after I ordered all albums I didn't have yet point black.

Chris De Burgh's "Crusader" (the song).

A favorite on the car cd changer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZVYnpNp7_c

I have both of his metal albums,true masterpieces!Long live Sir Lee!

I like old school Heavy Metal and Classic/Hard/Prog Rock...

Right now i'm listening to:

Queensryche's "Scarborough Fair".

Avantasia - Savior in the Clockwork from the 2013 album. Boy does this forum's editor suck, though. I feel dirty getting this beautiful music through it.

Various live versions of Iron Maiden's "Run to the hills".

Various Loreena Mckennitt songs after I ordered all albums I didn't have yet point black.

Chris De Burgh's "Crusader" (the song).

Lol, Queensryche back in the day when Geoff Tate was good.

Nowadays, the new album of the Geoff Tate version of Queensryche is poor.

The other version of Queensryche is better.

I'm currently redoing all my playlists, as I was shifting all my music to my NAS in prep for when I re-install on my upgraded machine(which should be wednesday or something like that)

This one's been standing out from the rest of the canned music that gets played at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8PB1a1c9zA

It's because I could tell it was Bruce Springsteen (you don't grow up in Jersey and not know the Boss' voice), but the song itself was unfamiliar to me. Somehow I missed it when it was released.

Anyhow, I kept wading through YouTube videos until I finally found it. Haven't bought a CD in years, but I might have to order this one.

:)

The thirteen year old in me is happy to rejoice that this "13" brings it home just like back in the day, maybe even better.... all hail the Sabbath :Y

This one's been standing out from the rest of the canned music that gets played at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8PB1a1c9zA

It's because I could tell it was Bruce Springsteen (you don't grow up in Jersey and not know the Boss' voice), but the song itself was unfamiliar to me. Somehow I missed it when it was released.

Anyhow, I kept wading through YouTube videos until I finally found it. Haven't bought a CD in years, but I might have to order this one.

:)

Love Springsteen.... my older sister introduced me to his music back in '81 after coming back from his The River Tour concert in the Meadowlands, calling it "a religious experience" lol

Not just it's a great song, but it's one of those rare videos that actually fits the mood of the song perfectly.

And one from Tool. The guitarist did the modelling work for Jurassic Park, and is a big fan of the Brother's Quay, hence their dark and creepy videos.

I'm digging on Kamelot right now

But I do love me some Amon Amarth

Then again, a little Terasbetoni makes for a rockin' change of pace

Finally, a bit of Alestorm

I love Aerosmith. They are, with Queen and Led Zeppelin, one of my absolute favourite bands since I was very young. I had brothers who where 8 years and 6 years older than me, and their taste in music shaped my own taste quite a bit.

I also remember that video coming out, to much fanfare among my classmates. We all enjoyed the sight of Liv and Alicia!(But Liv especially!)

I love Aerosmith. They are, with Queen and Led Zeppelin, one of my absolute favourite bands since I was very young. I had brothers who where 8 years and 6 years older than me, and their taste in music shaped my own taste quite a bit.

I also remember that video coming out, to much fanfare among my classmates. We all enjoyed the sight of Liv and Alicia!(But Liv especially!)

My circumstances are almost exactly the same! I had a couple of older brothers ( 5 and 9 years older ) so I grew too up with Whitesnake, Ozzy, UFO, Rainbow / Dio, all the old skool rock and everything along those lines, with a bit of Dire Straits and Genesis thrown in. After hearing Randy Rhoads playing on Blizzard of Oz at about 8, I knew I had to get a guitar :)

Some of Queen is a bit operaesque? for my taste, although Hammer To Fall is still one of my favorite tracks by any band!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6jb00PIt8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ResvvzOu0Rs

You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise.

It's crawling towards you...