LOTROCommunity
nimlith

Server forums on this forum?

Will you be making subforums for servers here like on the Codies forum, or some other way to discuss happenings on one server? Just out of interest :) (It's not that I miss the old flamefests but...)

I am sure Muer said it was something to look at once the forum population started to grow to enough members to make it worth it, think we are at about 110 members so far so shouldnt be long.

Sort of what Erudan said :) Since I don't want to make it EU only, I would also have to add a truckload of US boards. Since that is quite a bit of work, I'd rather the forums are being used more first. We'll see in a week or so (or perhaps sooner ;))

Pro-tem suggestion: Make a simple Europe / US server split first; sub-divide if it seems necessary. You can apologise if it's (likely) necessary to lose the contents of existing sub-forums, or leave them as an ever diminishing remnant.

I dunno, I suspect that in the course of time you wouldn't see a difference anymore between 'EU' and 'US' servers, since it's all becoming 'global'.

Hmm if so many sub forums for so many servers will be added, this will slowly start looking like US forums and for some people the ammount of sub forums there is what keep them off from even entering Turbine's forums.

Not sure what to think about it but we are a European community so i think sub forums should be made only for at-this-time european servers.

Maybe a bit selfish but seems reasonable to me.

Or maybe hide all those servers sub forums under one forum that will be shown on main page.

Too many sub forums visible on first page is not a good thing :)

What about just adding one subforum 'Servers' and then anyone adding a topic in there adds a tag that's their server name? Is the option available in this forum type? If not, players can do it manually, make it a policy.

I personally hardly looked at the server forums and sticked more to the general, newbie, class forums and occasionally the crafting forums so I don't really see much need for server forum especially when there are not that many members yet as you'll end up with too few people over too many forums.

I personally hardly looked at the server forums and sticked more to the general, newbie, class forums and occasionally the crafting forums so I don't really see much need for server forum especially when there are not that many members yet as you'll end up with too few people over too many forums.

The problem with Eldar sub forum on CM boards was that even the servers sub forums were further divided into even more categories.

Before that, Eldar subforum was preety active (mostly flame wars but also normal discussions).

Dividing server sub forums to evn more sub forums was a mistake in my opinion. CM should not have done that. This example clearly shows that too many sub forums is not a good idea.

The mistake CM made there is not adding subforums, but forcing them. The 'Eldar' forum should be as is, with additional subforums for 'Trade' and 'Kinships'.

Aye. That was an annoying mistake CM made...

I'm against any Server-Subforums at all. Just name the threads like:

[server] Thread Topic

And we all'll be fine I think

just my 2 cent =)

Aye. That was an annoying mistake CM made...

I'm against any Server-Subforums at all. Just name the threads like:

[server] Thread Topic

And we all'll be fine I think

just my 2 cent =)

Yes I do agree with that too...

It sounds reasonable