LOTROCommunity

WAR shuts down

Stupid Rift question. I just entered the Storm Legion areas and I'm getting lvl 50 gear that is 3 times better than my old lvl 50 gear, which is awesome. My question is, I just got a scepter and a staff on my Mage, they can wield both at the same time?

Negative. Staff is a two-handed weapon, it can only have a Wand equipped with it.

More stupid Rift questions, but Le Google is failing me. Where can I buy planar focus and essences for level 50+?

Tempest Bay.

That's why I avoid PvP servers in games. I've rarely found that the supporters of open PvP are anything other than supporters of being able to gank lowbies.

Hm... I wonder if a game could implement open PvP that didn't allow players to attack anyone of a lower level - eliminate the lowbie ganking, and suddenly open PvP seems a bit more appealing (at least to me).

I'm a fan of the idea of scaling a Lowbie's power up to that of their attacker, or scaling the Attacker down to the power of the Lowbie, in open-world PvP. Then it would be a fair fight. In the case of a large melee in the open world, scale all combatants to the average level of the group. Then it is more about skill than the current way things are handled.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negative. Staff is a two-handed weapon, it can only have a Wand equipped with it.

It is a wand, I guess I was thinking scepter with a GW2 mind, so it's basically the same as a Warrior having a bow/gun, just another source of stats.

Tempest Bay.

Doesn't TB just have level 60 stuff? Also. I have the Sigil of the Five focus, anything better?

Doesn't TB just have level 60 stuff? Also. I have the Sigil of the Five focus, anything better?

Well, my Google-Fu is only coming up with this for pre-SL zones, but there are no level 50 vendors. That's why I suggest checking TB, as it should have everything level 50-60 available.

Well, my Google-Fu is only coming up with this for pre-SL zones, but there are no level 50 vendors. That's why I suggest checking TB, as it should have everything level 50-60 available.

Seems there is a real lack of info about SL, this is some decent info here.

http://riftmead.com/index.php/cm-guides/sm-endgameactivity/um-the1lvl60/55-the-one-level-60-guide-pve

Hmn, well it seems that we have very little to fear from the open world pvp'ers on the server we're on, they seem pretty dumb. Three of us at level +25 were in stonefield and decided to pop back to kings landing to swap out our remaining corrupted sourcestones for planarite and ofcourse we were still pvp flagged, while trading we get jumped by ... a level 10 .... who we beat into a pulp, two minutes later he was back with two friends attacking us and agin we beat them into a pulp. They kept coming back. If that's what we have to contend with then i think it's going to be safe enough for us lol.

Spidey, level 50 stuff (planar stuff) if you still need it is in the main cities, and in the higher zones. You should be able to find the vendors that have it. I seem to recal a ton of level 50 PVE vendors in the capital cities. You just need to find the right vendor area.

Dont forget to check the store as you can buy items that vendor sell in the store for planarite so it says you looking for the correct vendor. You can also sell your items in the store so no need to worry about bags getting full when you are questing.

Really? I didn't know that. that's pretty awesome.

So, I went back for my free 14 days of WAR and I have to say it was quite depressing, I'm afraid I can see why it needs to shut down. It was pretty empty and WAR is at it's best when it's busy. Only Tier 1 seemed to have any significant amount of people in it. I do still believe they should have at least tried F2P but if GW pulled the license then I guess that was never an option.

This was taken last night on Karak-Norn, over 1k players in one zone fighting.

wowscrnshot_092613_162741.jpg

Karak-Norn? Isn't that a WAR Server? That looks like WoW to me.

Doh, my bad, yeah it's wow, it was a very small picture in a post about karak-norn on warhammer onine with the line "taken last night oveer 1k players in one zone" i didn't think to check the actual picture before linking lol

It is a high level PvP battleground. Everyone is waiting for it to start and the gate to open, which is why everyone is lined up together. I guess none of you have played WoW in the last 3 years.

Haven't played it post Vanilla. It evolved/turned out in a way that is completly and I mean completly not my cup of tea. Sadly most other mmorpg's followed.

It is a high level PvP battleground. Everyone is waiting for it to start and the gate to open, which is why everyone is lined up together. I guess none of you have played WoW in the last 3 years.

I was playing last night on my 82 lock, i don't pvp there though, not since way back when i used to twink rogues in the bg's, so i wouldn't recognise a pvp bg if it slapped me on the arse.