LOTROCommunity

Developer Diary: Rune-keeper Class Changes in Helm’s Deep

Falebrindor

There have been threads on the Beta forums regarding some of the new skill names. Most people hoped these skill names were place holders, but as they've been announced in the dev diary that says otherwise.

At the moment there's Sic'em, Trappageddon and Bombastic. None of them in any way fitting with the naming of previous skills, or Middle Earth itself.

Hey, only a few people have openly expressed their dislike for these new stupid names and, since those people are negative, that must mean that everyone else loves the new names. Stop flaming genius ideas!!!! *crosses fingers for Dominatrix Strike on champ*

Being able to be a damage dealer and then swing to provide backup healing was our number one priority and so the trees were built in such a way to encourage this play, while making you great at one at the same time.

I'm sorry, when I said encourage I mean of course nerf: So we made steady hands useless and took away the induction immunity because we are turbine and we know better. Why improve frost skills when we can just remove them? Oh and you will need to spend skill points to get access to your healing runestone and other basic heals again.

One very important change we are making is how Rune-keepers will interact with attunement.

by having attunements work like fevor and turning your runekeepers into champions! :Y

I'm sorry, when I said encourage I mean of course nerf: So we made steady hands useless and took away the induction immunity because we are turbine and we know better. Why improve frost skills when we can just remove them? Oh and you will need to spend skill points to get access to your healing runestone and other basic heals again.

by having attunements work like fevor and turning your runekeepers into champions! :Y

Heh, that's always the way I played my Runekeepers anyway! :D

Most people hoped these skill names were place holders, but as they've been announced in the dev diary that says otherwise.

At the moment there's Sic'em, Trappageddon and Bombastic.

Hassciencegonetoofar-photoshop-meme-birdman.jpg

Lool it's like Lotro transformed over the years from maybe not very ambitious but solid book into tabloid newspaper.

Kinda like alot of mmorpg genre feel nowadays. Race to the bottom !

At the moment there's Sic'em, Trappageddon and Bombastic. None of them in any way fitting with the naming of previous skills, or Middle Earth itself.

Is this true? Ugh. Sic'em alone is shameful. Just lacks class.

I guess the newbie devs grew up on WoW?