LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Spidey

The Rift Thread

What issues did you have with selling stuff

Nothing major, just took me a few minutes to figure out that to sell non-greys I needed to click on them with the bag icon active. I can't hold that against the game, just a little frustrating. Chalk it up to a learning curve and unfamiliarity.

Nothing major, just took me a few minutes to figure out that to sell non-greys I needed to click on them with the bag icon active. I can't hold that against the game, just a little frustrating. Chalk it up to a learning curve and unfamiliarity.

yeah that got me the first few times, i was like "what the hell? I KNOW i can sell stuff in the store, i've done it multiple times, why won't it now", then i rrwalize you have to have the store on a page where something is sold for gold or the sell icon doesn't show.

I need to check if there is an auto-loot option. Having to click on mobs to get the loot is too baldurs gate 2...

I've decided to give a try and i'm impressed! I've created a defiant mage on Faeblight (Astannu) and i've played until lvl 19. 

Ah, i have the spinner from Ashes of History, but i've saw a mechanic one that i want so bad - does anyone know how do i get that one?

Are you guys up for a guild, "ex-lotro players" or something?

I really can't return to lotro, perhaps Rift will be my new home.

I need to check if there is an auto-loot option. Having to click on mobs to get the loot is too baldurs gate 2...

I've decided to give a try and i'm impressed! I've created a defiant mage on Faeblight (Astannu) and i've played until lvl 19. 

Ah, i have the spinner from Ashes of History, but i've saw a mechanic one that i want so bad - does anyone know how do i get that one?

Are you guys up for a guild, "ex-lotro players" or something?

I really can't return to lotro, perhaps Rift will be my new home.

Theirs two loot tick boxes.

AOE Loot: This allows you to right click one corpse to loot all corpses in a certain radius

Auto Loot: Missleading, it doesn't mean it automatically loots for you as they die, it means when you right click a corpse it picks everything up from the corpse when you right click it.

the option is in interface > Misc

If i was on faeblight i'd be interested in a guild, but unfortunately i'm EU so on Zaviel with some friends :(

At this point, I'd like to thank you all for recommending Rift. You made me curious, so just a week ago I installed the game and have played hour upon hour since then :)

Both toons, a mage and a rogue are lvl 25 by now and I still steer them arround Silverwood, looking for artefacts and rare mobs. Oh, and I spent a lot of time in dimensions. Visiting others just to see, what can be done with them and afterwards building up my own ;) They look really pretty, even the small one all players get after completing that quest.

I really love to have so much to explore again, so again: thank you so much :)

At this point, I'd like to thank you all for recommending Rift. You made me curious, so just a week ago I installed the game and have played hour upon hour since then :)

Both toons, a mage and a rogue are lvl 25 by now and I still steer them arround Silverwood, looking for artefacts and rare mobs. Oh, and I spent a lot of time in dimensions. Visiting others just to see, what can be done with them and afterwards building up my own ;) They look really pretty, even the small one all players get after completing that quest.

I really love to have so much to explore again, so again: thank you so much :)

Hehe.  Glad you are enjoying it.  This is how I have felt as well after discovering the game from others here who talked about it.  

I am one of those who is looking forward to ESO once it lands, but I have to say they better offer a considerable amount of things I have not yet seen, 'cause I really enjoy Rift alot and don't see leaving it for another game anytime soon :)

. Oh, and I spent a lot of time in dimensions. Visiting others just to see, what can be done with them and afterwards building up my own ;) They look really pretty, even the small one all players get after completing that quest.

I saw an awesome one last night, it was one of the large dimensions i'm not sure which and the guy had made it an homage to Star Wars, all in various scenes, he had built an AT-AT being attacked by a snow speeder, an AT-ST being attacked by ewoks, a land speeder being chased by storm troopers on Dewbacks, pod racers racing, a scene with Luke and Vader fighting, the falcon being chased by tie fighters and a landed lamda class shuttle with the emperor and royal guards, there was even a star destroyer in the sky, all made out of little bits and pieces, it was pretty epic.

If you want to take a look, hop onto Zaviel server and check it out, i can't remember what it is called but it's the second highest scored dimension on the server and it has a star wars pun name something about a fat dwarf. if i get a chance one night i will fraps a run around it.

Sad to see an MMO that is really thriving and growing and then think about LOTRO - or sad that they are not doing that with Lotro. Imagine if Lotro had Rifts housing system. It would generate a lot of enthusiasm and use. Or Rifts raids ...

Imagine if Lotro had Rifts housing system. It would generate a lot of enthusiasm and use. Or Rifts raids ...

I agree. A Dimensions-like Housing system in LOTRO would be wonderful, but I don't think the game engine can handle it.

I'm confused. I just went back to Rift yesterday after a few months off and found that I have two extra bag slots, I don't remember purchasing these, any idea how I may have gained this?!

Not sure since I don't know what type of account you currently have... but perhaps you may find your answer here where someone had similar questions...

I think I am just getting bored of MMOs in general now. Logged into Rift last night, realised I couldn't be arsed to kill x more y and logged off to play TF2 again. Same thing with Lotro, GW2, SWTOR recently, I find my motivation to do the same stuff again in these games is vanishing fast.

I think I am just getting bored of MMOs in general now. Logged into Rift last night, realised I couldn't be arsed to kill x more y and logged off to play TF2 again. Same thing with Lotro, GW2, SWTOR recently, I find my motivation to do the same stuff again in these games is vanishing fast.

It happens, you just get burned out.,I suffer the same. I find that after about 6 or 7 months of solid play I need to take a few weeks off, I usually stop playing mmos and play other games, oddly enough TF2 is one of my go-to's as well.

I was starting to get burned out on Rift, but my wife just got back into the game, so we're going to play Heydt-style (duo questing) and maybe level her up to 60 (her main is 47 right now).

I was starting to get burned out on Rift, but my wife just got back into the game, so we're going to play Heydt-style (duo questing) and maybe level her up to 60 (her main is 47 right now).

Your going to run around in level 30 quest gear and spend 90% of your time on the forums?

I'm waiting for Pillars of Eternity to come out this year for my Rift break. Though I'll still log in daily for the daily gift and probably craft-AH.

I'm waiting for Pillars of Eternity to come out this year

Yeah. Waiting for that too !   Damn I hope they deliver :)

Good grief.... I am becoming addicted to artifact hunting... looks as if I am participating in the Marathon for incontinents! Even to the point that I am looking for shinies in real life as well. HELP! :O

A question though: when I started with Rift at launch, I recall plenty of artifacts under water as well but those are very scarce now, did that change in some update? Love the under water life otherwise and I tend to spend quite some time there (the necklace helps a lot B)).

Good grief.... I am becoming addicted to artifact hunting... looks as if I am participating in the Marathon for incontinents! Even to the point that I am looking for shinies in real life as well. HELP! :O

A question though: when I started with Rift at launch, I recall plenty of artifacts under water as well but those are very scarce now, did that change in some update? Love the under water life otherwise and I tend to spend quite some time there (the necklace helps a lot B)).

I don't think there has been a nerf on artifacts appearing underwater (or anywhere else), more likely someone else came through before you and got them. As for your addiction, my wife (who recently returned to the game) is in love with finding "Shinies". She doesn't have Quantum Sight yet, so I keep that buff on and grab all of the Twisted Artifacts I find that way, and let her grab the normal artifacts. Any that I already have I give to her and vice versa. It's great because it's keeping her excited about playing the game, which is important right now, because it took me a year to get her to come back to Rift after the whole Guild Drama thing happened.

I am sorry to hear about the guildies... makes you wonder how those individuals are coping with life in general. I was annoyed enough when my server - Argent - was forcibly merged into Zaviel, seems a lot of people stopped playing, but to have a friends in a Guild do that, have no words for treachery like that :(