LOTROCommunity

The Witcher 3

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really love the art style many games are trending towards now. They're not out to look super realistic, but instead really, really, high art, high quality digital painting style. Imo, this ends up l

I feel the same. To me American accents just don't sound right in a traditional fantasy setting - it sounds too modern.

American accents belong in futuristic, post apocalyptic settings.

Posted Images

Anything on recommended specs yet?

Nothing yet I believe.

------------------------

Anyway:

Here is 35 minute of The Witcher 3 gameplay in HD quality, better than on youtube (youtbe compression sucks)

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_35_minutes_gameplay-32805_en.html

Choose 1080p @ 60 fps !

PS. There is also an option to download mp4 video file, but it is 5 GB :D

I was really excited... but then my own pet peeve crept back in watching the gameplay. He has an American accent. Completely jarring for me and ruins any emersion I have in a fantasy game.

So you have not played the earlier titles then.  It is the same actor all through the series, and yes, he is an American.  There are plenty of UK accents afloat in the supporting cast however, but if Geralt in particular needs to be also, well... you'll miss a great story.  Frankly... they should all have Polish accents but apparently that wasn't an option, lol.

So you have not played the earlier titles then.  It is the same actor all through the series, and yes, he is an American.  There are plenty of UK accents afloat in the supporting cast however, but if Geralt in particular needs to be also, well... you'll miss a great story.  Frankly... they should all have Polish accents but apparently that wasn't an option, lol.

Yeah, I played the first one. Wasn't a fan.

The poorly done British accents just make it worse! It's the reason I can't play MMOs anymore. LotRO had terrible British accents, and MMOs that don't tend to just use American accents.

The Witcher 2 is very diffrent than TW1. 

Completly new engine, new itemization, new mechanics, diffrent combat, diffrent graphics just diffrent everything.

If you found TW2 a big draggy, would it still be worthwhile to try TW1?

If you found TW2 a big draggy, would it still be worthwhile to try TW1?

I haven't played TW1 enough to answer this.   I've not played it more, not because it is bad game though.  I've just not have PC capable of running on high setting comfortably enough atm.

I was really excited... but then my own pet peeve crept back in watching the gameplay. He has an American accent. Completely jarring for me and ruins any emersion I have in a fantasy game.

I feel the same. To me American accents just don't sound right in a traditional fantasy setting - it sounds too modern.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Will Let You Play as Ciri

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/12/15/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-will-let-you-play-as-ciri?abthid=548f058aa6915d064000000b

"Ciri is playable only during certain moments in the game – we introduce her to give gamers another perspective in the story to make it even more engaging," explains the studio's Robert Malinowski. "You won’t play as her for long periods of time, but since she’s crucial to the plot, we thought that additional insight will allow gamers to better bond with this cool character.

"We introduce Ciri as supportive narrative tool and not because of gameplay mechanics. The Witcher was always about Geralt and that has not changed, but that handful of moments when you play as Ciri provide us with glimpses of how the story feels from the other side.

& New screenshots

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952609

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_january_2015_gameplay-33950_en.html

Several diffrent scenes from diffrent places of the game, 15 minutes total.   Very high quality video, but it is very big (3GB!), best to download and then watch using normal video player- but stream option is also available - both options should not be a problem if you have fast connection though. 

PS. Good idea to bookmark gamersyde.com page if you like to take a peek on games gameplays or trailers.  Quality of videos there put Youtube to shame.

I find it not without irony that my ESO sub ends on May 19th...  happily looking forward to this game :)

EDIT: silly afterthought upon watching that video: it seems the years have turned Geralt's face into a semi-tirbute to Marlon Brando in the Godfather... what's  up with the jowls??