LOTROCommunity

The Witcher 3

I R = I are

And, as I said 'The only part here was that you added 50/100 hours of playtime for completionists, that you said you were a part of. But even without those, you were still claiming 120+ hours for non-completionists, of which you aren't one.'

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really love the art style many games are trending towards now. They're not out to look super realistic, but instead really, really, high art, high quality digital painting style. Imo, this ends up l

I feel the same. To me American accents just don't sound right in a traditional fantasy setting - it sounds too modern.

American accents belong in futuristic, post apocalyptic settings.

Posted Images

I claimed nothing about non-completionists

I merely restated what is on the damn sales page and dev chats then extrapolated what I hoped it meant for me, can't speak to others milage

50/50 core game

paid expansion DLC's  1=10 1=20

They said all smaller DLC would be free I GUESSED (and said so) over the life of development thatd be around 10-20 hrs

If you have problems with those #s take it up with the devs I can't help you.

EDIT technically a non-completionists could spend 10 minutes in the game for all I care.  Not completing covers a pretty wide range of possible play times

If you have problems with those #s take it up with the devs I can't help you.

Nope. The only issue I had was that, in your initial post, you portrayed the 200 - 300 hours of playthrough as a generic number for a player to expect (and on one play through). I don't particularly like the idea that someone may be mistaken when buying the game because they expect a much larger game than it actually offers.

And since we've now established you only meant yourself the entire time and that the game isn't actually that long, it's all balanced out now. No issue anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@above Debate about The Witcher 3 lenght between Doro & Bendin   - explanation from Game Direction (of TW3 I assume) that works in CDProjekt.

Your subtitles should be turn on by default, but if not simply click subtitles button that is located on bar below video.

If you like the girl, you can watch another movie with her.  She is a 'face' of Playstation Poland and they are releasing movie footage focused on The Witcher 3 these days obviously.  They recently released:

This movie has some Polish Voice Overs if anyone is curious how TW3 sounds with Polish Voice Overs.

So The Witcher 3 officially released.  Seems like it's topping Steam sales and while having some problem, it seems to got nice traction.

So anyone here either played or plans to?

Also some movies:

For those who liked Kinga girl:

So The Witcher 3 officially released.  Seems like it's topping Steam sales and while having some problem, it seems to got nice traction.

So anyone here either played or plans to?

It is one that I am looking at getting, but if I do there is no way I would buy it on Steam. It is currently £49.99 there but you can get it from Amazon for £30.65 for download or £28.67 for hard copy

Yeah.  Steam is most expensive and Steam is like secondary option for The Witcher 3 anyway.    Most copies of TW3 are GoG.com ones (since CDProjekt are owners of GoG) anyway and GoG is also much cheaper than Steam.  (59.99 euro vs 39.99 euro on GoG).

So yeah get it whether you prefer.  That price on hard copy is very good too.

Maybe I have some sort of disocunt from owing TW1&TW2 on GoG.  Cause I really doubt there is higher price for UK than for rest of EU.

Anyway if/when you get it - share your opinion about it.  I am curious :)

Bought hard copy for 30 Euros (In Poland). Was a bit pissed off by the minimum req. of i5 - but never trusted those marketing jerks, and did not buy a new CPU. Of course it's running on Ultra on i3. I like to play games in original - so playing the Polish version. Though I like the scenery, plebs and stuff, not feeling immersed yet.  Perhaps will switch to English - glimpses I saw had good VO.  

P.S. Am I dense, or is it impossible to change keybindings?

Sure try English VO, if you feel you may like it better. 

I've heard about only some keybinding being changeable while other being not.  I really hope(and expect) patches to change that though.

I've had not played myself yet, since I don't have PC atm capable of playing it sadly and can't afford one atm.

How big is it? I'm wondering whether I have space on the SSD I use for Games or whether I have to wait to next payday and buy a bigger SSD(I would buy one now, but I just bought a new Les Paul)

27,4 GB.

I've had not played myself yet, since I don't have PC atm capable of playing it sadly and can't afford one atm.

I ignored the BS about i5 being minimum req. On my i3 (GTX 750) it flies on Ultra settings. 

But of course you know better your specs and they may not suffice. Pirate? (If working - buy?)

If not - just wait. The world will not end if you have your share of Witcher fun in a year or two.

BTW - I've read some Robert M. Wegner (Meekhan tales) - read if you have not yet read. Good writer. Good fun. :)

("Nur  für" Poles though ;)

I've heard rumours that you can somehow get The Witcher 3 for free using GOG Galaxy... something about it mistakenly believing a free patching file is the legitimate game, so it adds it automatically to your account.

Don't know how long it was last, though.

I ignored the BS about i5 being minimum req. On my i3 (GTX 750) it flies on Ultra settings. 

But of course you know better your specs and they may not suffice. Pirate? (If working - buy?)

If not - just wait. The world will not end if you have your share of Witcher fun in a year or two.

BTW - I've read some Robert M. Wegner (Meekhan tales) - read if you have not yet read. Good writer. Good fun. :)

("Nur  für" Poles though ;)

​Nah, no point in even trying. My current PC is basically more of a office PC so nah.   I thought by now I might have an some low/mid tier gaming one, but that's not what happened.  Nevermind though. It's not topic about me.

Thanks for book recommendation. Why it is not for Poles though?  You got me curious.

btw. Nice song:

Thanks for book recommendation. Why it is not for Poles though?  You got me curious.

These young Dwarves nowadays... Such short memory... 

During the German occupation we had our share of "Nur für Deutsche" (English: "Only for Germans") , a slogan indicating that certain establishments and transportation were reserved only for Germans.

Wegner is "Only for Poles" not beacuse we are uber (we of course are....) but because as yet he has not been translated.