LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
MueR

Forum will be temporarily unavailable tonight

Hey guys,

I'll be performing some maintenance on the forum software tonight which means I'll be taking the forum offline for a few minutes. I'll be upgrading the forum to a newer version and fixing some minor issues.

Expect the forum to go down at about 20.30 CET (that's 19.30 UTC). I don't expect it to take more than a few minutes, so the forum should be back soon after.

Thanks for understanding :)

maybe you should record it and send it to turbine so they know how to upgrade a forum ;)

Nicely done! For turbine upgrade is a oxymoron for anything they do.

Expect the forum to go down at about 20.30 CET (that's 19.30 UTC). I don't expect it to take more than a few minutes, so the forum should be back soon after.

Thanks for understanding :)

As long as we get some compensation for our loss - 100 TP per person sounds fair.

So.. yesterday didn't go as planned.. I came home from work, had dinner, sat down on the sofa... and woke up this morning :P I did the upgrade just now, hopefully no one had difficulties while the upgrade was in progress.

So.. yesterday didn't go as planned.. I came home from work, had dinner, sat down on the sofa... and woke up this morning :P I did the upgrade just now, hopefully no one had difficulties while the upgrade was in progress.

Nah, I was sleeping, so you did it at the perfect time!

that was fast and painless.

you have also resolved the adblock banner message, for me anyway.

there is no more page scroll/shifts as the banner loads, so thanks for that.

Seems to have caused an issue with quoting other posts. Has removed the [ quote ] bits and now just shows this weird highlight bit for the quote, which sometimes makes the response part of the same quote.

^^^^THIS

Muer, somethings borked when I quote someone. Works at times, other times it makes the whole post 1 quote.

Seems to be a missing style for the editor. Let me look into that.

Seems to be a missing style for the editor. Let me look into that.

And fixed. A ctrl+F5 should fix it for you. If not, open http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/contents.css and press CTRL+F5 on that one, then reload this page.

Nope. Neither trick worked for me.

If you click the link I posted, do you see the following text roughly halfway through? 

blockquote.ipsBlockquote {

If you click the link I posted, do you see the following text roughly halfway through? 

blockquote.ipsBlockquote {

Yup.

Then you should see the quotes properly.

Nope. Used to show up as

[/quote'] (' removed) but now it shows as this weird box around the quote. Makes it very difficult to split a quote into chunks and can sometimes cause the reply to merge with the quote.

I did the ctrl + F5 thing and the quote function is still wonky for me as well.  It's impossible to respond to individual bits of posts.

I am also having the same issue.  I am using Chrome, not sure about everyone else but it might be useful to post which browser you are using 

The dudes making this forum software will have to offer a plain textbox for the editing at some point.  The bugs and platform inconsistencies with their lame attempt to re-implement everything become very annoying.