LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
MueR

Forum will be temporarily unavailable tonight

They're working on version 4 of the software. You should be able to use the "switch" button on the topleft corner to trigger a normal textbox where you can just enter bbcode.

Hmmm, it looks like that switch now makes it much more like an actual textbox with less crazy hackup than before. OK.

I'm also missing bbcodes in the visual editor, i can't see where to divide quotes etc and when i use the text editor to do it that way it's exactly the same except without the visual editor buttons.

Right, I've changed some things that should force your browser to reload all javascript and stylesheets. You could still try to force a reload by pressing Ctrl+F5 (or whatever that may be on apple devices). If you haven't already, you could also still try this:

And fixed. A ctrl+F5 should fix it for you. If not, open http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/contents.css and press CTRL+F5 on that one, then reload this page.

Right, I've changed some things that should force your browser to reload all javascript and stylesheets. You could still try to force a reload by pressing Ctrl+F5 (or whatever that may be on apple devices).

There still seems no way to use the quote function as we used to.. ie breaking up a quote into separate parts to reply to, using the [ quote = "name" ] stuff [ / quote ].  So, I can switch to the bbc code display when necessary... and then back again for other stuff, so thank you for that tip.  The way it was before the change was definitely superior though, but I'll deal. :P 

There still seems no way to use the quote function as we used to.. ie breaking up a quote into separate parts to reply to, using the [ quote = "name" ] stuff [ / quote ].  So, I can switch to the bbc code display when necessary... and then back again for other stuff, so thank you for that tip.  The way it was before the change was definitely superior though, but I'll deal. :P

Somebody had some really bad ideas there. I don't understand why board makers try to be so fancy and break everything that isn't pretty.

There still seems no way to use the quote function as we used to.. ie breaking up a quote into separate parts to reply to, using the [ quote = "name" ] stuff [ / quote ]. So, I can switch to the bbc code display when necessary... and then back again for other stuff, so thank you for that tip.  The way it was before the change was definitely superior though, but I'll deal. :P

Right, I know what you mean now. Apparently, it's a bug. That shouldn't have been taken out. Unfortunately, the fix version is the "soonish to be released" IPB4.

Bug thread: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/cannot-break-out-of-quote-r41796

Right, I know what you mean now. Apparently, it's a bug. That shouldn't have been taken out. Unfortunately, the fix version is the "soonish to be released" IPB4.

Bug thread: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/cannot-break-out-of-quote-r41796

Alright, thanks for the info. :)

^^^^THIS

Muer, somethings borked when I quote someone. Works at times, other times it makes the whole post 1 quote.

So very true. Sometimes it works. Other times, I can't convince it to separate my reply from the quote no matter what I try.

it definitely fixed all issues I have encountered with IE. Something only compatibility mode gets me past in the fanboi forums, and that brings in other issues.

Quotes work fine but I have not tried the multiquote thing.

So very true. Sometimes it works. Other times, I can't convince it to separate my reply from the quote no matter what I try.

Just use the button in the top left corner of the reply box to turn BBC code on and off.. for the time being at least.