LOTROCommunity

Preorder or buy with points

Brrokk

I wish all things store vs non-store were that clear. I remember all the surprises I got after dropping VIP, and that is after having studied all the Turbine provided documents carefully.

I'm hoping that this continues with store related stuff and actually spreads to other areas of information.

Is there any chance they'll offer the quest pack version of HD? I have to TP on one of my accounts but am short of them on the other. If I can get the quests for 1495, I'd rather have that of course.

I seem to recall them saying no QP's just the Xpac for sale. But I don't remember where I read that.

I waited 6 months to buy RoR, and only did so with TP because I was back enjoying the game and thought I'd actually make use of it in time. Then Hobbit Presents came out, and now I don't see myself buying any future expansion for LOTRO, for cash or TP.

As long as Turbine keeps shoving a slot machine down our throats every day, they can do without my patronage. I know I'm but one player, but I'm not the only one taking a stand on this.

Maybe you could provide a list of these "surprises"?

A search for my posts on the official forums might do, but I didn't bother too much.

There is a humongous guide written by a user (not Turbine) on the forums that I didn't see before canceling VIP. That one had all the details. The amount of surprising things I found in there that Turbine doesn't mention was staggering and maybe I had stayed VIP if I knew all that beforehand. But by the time I read all the details (huge waste of time in itself) there was no going back for me. Because I would have simply burned the money I had now put into Premium stuff included with VIP.

I then made a thread asking whether it is wise to completely invalidate premium investments when going VIP. My point being you should get some kind of credit that pops up elsewhere, otherwise that is a huge disinventive to ever become VIP again for anybody who ever was premium. You all can imagine how that thread went.

I still find random closed for-pay doors in areas I purchased (e.g. some cave in Angmar) to this day.