LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
cossieuk

Helm’s Deep Release Notes – OFFICIAL

My solution to the quickbar memory issue is to have one build and never change it until Turbine get round to fixing the issue sometime next year

Or, probably, never.

*snip*I remember in beta someone asked about this in one of the devchat sessions and they seemed to be surprised to even hear about this issue (which was amazing since we had been posting about it for quite some time before then).  *snip*

Sorry to go off topic a little, but just had to mention I raised a ticket due to a bugged Draigoch last week and the GM (other than coming across as very sarcastic) informed me that they were unaware of the brain dead bug.

I promptly laughed at him, and informed him I personally had bugged this about 40 times in the past 2 years.  ROFL!

Yeh... so nothing suprises me about them claiming not to know something exists...

The cynic in me would say they never intend to fix the 'quickslot memory issue'...

It is not a big deal to them... doesnt appear to be at any rate.

I just went to the official (censored) forums and whined about the increase in the cost of Mithril coins... suggesting that it seemed like 'bait and switch' to me.

>> Mithril quest teleportation costs have increased slightly for Helm's Deep questing areas only.

Slightly??  More than double is a lot more than slightly. 

I'm sure I will be 1.) shouted down and 2.) ignored.

That's OK. I think I only did it to be annoying. I'm so disgusted with how my Hobbits look that I just had to say SOMETHING!

No mention of the Quickbar memory problem. Maybe they fixed it.....

At least they finally confirmed it's not working as intended.

Though no clue when it might get fixed.

"We're aware of the issue (and it is an issue, this is not working as intended) and looking at ways to resolve it. We don't have an ETA at this time, but it's probably not something that can be addressed in time for 12.1." 

Sorry to go off topic a little, but just had to mention I raised a ticket due to a bugged Draigoch last week and the GM (other than coming across as very sarcastic) informed me that they were unaware of the brain dead bug.

I promptly laughed at him, and informed him I personally had bugged this about 40 times in the past 2 years.  ROFL!

Yeh... so nothing suprises me about them claiming not to know something exists...

The cynic in me would say they never intend to fix the 'quickslot memory issue'...

It is not a big deal to them... doesnt appear to be at any rate.

that reminds me I contacted turbine 2 weeks ago asking for a refund for RoI because of draigoch, was told no refund but they gave me 200 TP and an xp boost, which considering I dont play anymore is daft, but if anyone wanst 200tp go ask for it :)

Why couldn't they have just allowed us to slot all the skills, regardless of availability? I really hate the idea of having skills disappear simply because you change traits. It makes it massively hard to try to work with and you have no idea what skills you're missing between the builds. It's as if they intentionally made trait trees as shit as possible.

Oh, I remember why. If they let us slot all our skills, regardless of them being greyed out, they would be back to square one, with 'skill bloat'. They haven't fixed anything, they just tried to hide a load of skills as if that makes their fabricated issue disappear.

I remember in beta someone asked about this in one of the devchat sessions and they seemed to be surprised to even hear about this issue (which was amazing since we had been posting about it for quite some time before then).  Crell would remember, I'm sure.

BTW, anybody seen Crell lately? Haven't seen him posting recently.

I was the one who raised it both in the Beta forums, and in the post-stress test dev-chat. ; Sparked a whole followup about how our ideas weren't getting in front of developers if memory serves.

I've been almost entirely offline (I had minimal access via my phone...when it had reception) for almost a week due to RL and havent really caught back up on all of the forums. So much chatter with HD going live after all.