LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
PJ.

Lego Lord of the Rings iOS

Question: can you play one player?

I bought Lego LOTR for PC and could not play it as it seemed to be two player game only. Might be worth buying the IPAD game.

Question: can you play one player?

I bought Lego LOTR for PC and could not play it as it seemed to be two player game only. Might be worth buying the IPAD game.

All the Lego games are playable by yourself or with a partner.

The puzzles that require two characters to solve will either:

1) Have the AI control the 2nd character for you (you stand on a platform, the 2nd character turns a lever to raise you up, for instance), or;

2) Encourage you to switch from one character to the other as needed.

I've played all the Lego games that have come out in the last 6-7 years, and you can solo 100% of them, including grabbing all the extra items/collectibles.

I love the gameplay that you have a choice of three LOTR characters to use, one can climb so you use that one for a certain task or anther does ranged so you can do that. For £3 it is well worth the risk IMHO. I am up to Moria now but I see when you finish one area it opens up to free play so i am sure you can go back and do more things there.

PJ

It is awesome! Thanks P.J.

I am loving the humor. The voices are excellent. And the music is sooo good.

I can't help thinking of HD (cheesy synth music) when I am listening to the incredible music in Lego LOTR - I think they are using the movie soundtrack music for this game. It is just so nice.

• Upvote 1

It is awesome! Thanks P.J.

I am loving the humor. The voices are excellent. And the music is sooo good.

I can't help thinking of HD (cheesy synth music) when I am listening to the incredible music in Lego LOTR - I think they are using the movie soundtrack music for this game. It is just so nice.

My pleasure :) Have you got to Moria yet? I am stuck with the troll, I build up the platform with the peices but can't jump over to the first floor then the troll knocks the blocks over. Driving me nuts!

PJ.

My pleasure :) Have you got to Moria yet? I am stuck with the troll, I build up the platform with the peices but can't jump over to the first floor then the troll knocks the blocks over. Driving me nuts!

PJ.

It made me stuck for a bit but I was able to do it. I can try to do it again to remember the trick.  PM me or reply if still stuck.

It's strange I have worked out other bits but still can't do this so would be most grateful for help :)

I honestly can't remember how I got through that part, sorry. :/

Good news for anyone hoping for more LEGO Middle Earth action, though:

http://www.trueachievements.com/n15514/lego-the-hobbit-announced.htm?nlid=77

• Upvote 1

Found this about how to do it, looks like I am not the only one who finds this troll hard!

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/apple-ios/59407-lego-lord-rings-ios-help-2.html

Still can't do it but having fun trying, has anyone gone back to try the free play areas once they completed the storyline in that place? If you haven't got it yet, I can't think of a better way of spending £3 :)

As I got problems with my inet connection and couldn't play GW2, I re-installed LEGO LOTRO on my PC and played that game "exclusively" the past days and weeks ... and I LOVE IT !! <3

Having played through story mode and opeing all free play, I'm now doing these to complete all quests and gather all blocks and get all characters. Some treasure chests I haven't found yet, even with clearing the whole levels ... seems they're VERY well hidden ;)

Pro Tip: when starting a free play, check the whole area BEFORE going for the level goals ! Like with the one level where you have to fight warg-riders, if you kill the warg-riders the level ends and so you can't collect the other stuff thats hidden/blocked/unbuilt. Take your time exploring the level and gather everything FIRST before progressing further.

PS: I love (and played) each and every LEGO game, except for the last LEGO Star Wars game which I think has too much going on (flying spaceships and other vehicles, shoot cannons etc). I prefer the more classic (strategic) jump'n'run, which LEGO LOTRO brought back. Batman, Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lotro, Indy ... so many so good and fun games. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :D

Yeah..... just because it isn't LOTRO it's not the WB that's cheapened the crap out of Tolkien's works...... 

picard-star-trek-klatscht-sarkastisch.gi

busey_clapping.gif

Seriously................... 

tumblr_ll9tl8zzCo1qcteg9o1_500.gif

Yeah..... just because it isn't LOTRO it's not the WB that's cheapened the crap out of Tolkien's works...... 

picard-star-trek-klatscht-sarkastisch.gi

busey_clapping.gif

Seriously................... 

tumblr_ll9tl8zzCo1qcteg9o1_500.gif

I don't understand? You saying we shouldn't be playing this game?

I don't understand? You saying we shouldn't be playing this game?

I also don't understand Ardraug's post ... but I blame it on English not being my 1st language. :)

I guess it's about WB using the SZC license for the LEGO game (too), cheapening the works of Tolkien ...

• Upvote 1

Simple English:

Companies licensing LOTR-related content = WB and Zaentz ...

You buy LEGO LOTR, they get part of that money.

You give them that money, signals them that it's OK to further stupidise Tolkien so.. bravo!  You have just shown your support to the same lot of assholes who thought Radagast should have shit on his head, there should be Tolkien slot machines, LOTRO should be Zyngafied, etc... 

Maybe this IS more of a "hate Sapience" club than a "what the fuck are they doing to Tolkien's works?" group of people.  Seems like as long as Turbine isn't involved, you're easily spoon-fed whatever commercial gimmick these people come up with.

Simple English:

You give them that money, signals them that it's OK to further stupidise Tolkien so.. bravo!  You have just shown your support to the same lot of assholes who thought Radagast should have shit on his head, there should be Tolkien slot machines, LOTRO should be Zyngafied, etc... 

Maybe this IS more of a "hate Sapience" club than a "what the fuck are they doing to Tolkien's works?" group of people.  Seems like as long as Turbine isn't involved, you're easily spoon-fed whatever commercial gimmick these people come up with.

I enjoy the LEGO games.  I've enjoyed them since the first one I played; Traveler's Tales does a great job with them.  I don't really care that WB apparently bought TT, because the games that have come out since that change are still just as fun and cute as the early ones (Star Wars games).

I haven't bought any of them, but rather rented them through Gamefly.  I suppose that Gamefly sent money to WB when they bought their copies of the rental discs, so I've given money to WB indirectly, but then so has everyone else who has a Gamefly membership whether or not they ever rented Lego LOTR.

I'll play Lego Hobbit when it comes out, too.  I may be canceling my Gamefly membership (not getting my money's worth now and I can afford to buy games), so if I do I'll be buying it.  It'll likely be based on the Peter Jackson movies.  I won't feel the least bit bad about it, even though I left the first Hobbit movie feeling that it wasn't that great.

I just really like the Lego games.  I'd probably play Lego Twilight if they made one, and I don't know jack about Twilight other than that it's apparently popular with teenage girls and the vampires are sparkly.

Simple English:

And what about the people who bought the Hobbit 1 DVD, the people who go watch Hobbit 2, the people who actually buy/rent ANY WB DVD or watch ANY movie of WB ? Do they also get your waving middlefinger ? Do you expect everyone to boycott everything WB has its hands on ? Really ?

As posted before, I loved all (but one) LEGO games. And like Thunderloin, I would play LEGO Twilight too. I don't play them because I like the story its based on, but because the games are well-made and fun to play. LOTRO as a MMORPG is much more story, I despise the Hobbit slotmachine and I think it's cheapening Tolkiens works, as do the real slotmachines. But, at least to me, thats a different story than LEGO LOTR.

I like Lego LOTR (the only game I have gotten the platinum reward on the PS3) and I also like the Lego Star Wars games. In fact I will be getting the Lego Marvel Game soon as I love the comedy in them as well as the fun they offer

Simple English:

Ok simple English this thread is for people who are enjoying playing Lego Lord of the Rings, please could you not try an derail it with your anti everything WB agenda. There are many other threads for Sapience. You do realise he probably has Google alerts for his name and gets great pleasure from seeing it, even anti ones. Can you keep talk of Rick to one of those other threads? Thanks :)

PJ