LOTROCommunity

For poor, suffering Sapience

The MMO Troll

Noone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to react to Sap (or other) community managers bad behaviour. You're choosing to do it yourself. Nothing has changed in all those years - other than whole 'Sapience craze' got you all very emotionally invested in Lotro. I believe that was goal and it was achieved.

Well, OK, this sounds a bit like a response I'd get from the other forums - if I don't like it should I and the others who see his behaviors for what they are just not post here?  I don't think anything I wrote indicated anyone feeling "forced" to do anything.  Of course I choose to post here since I joined in summer specifically because his behavior (for me, it was the signatures) pissed me off and put me over the edge when I was already unhappy with the game for many other reasons.  He has done plenty more since then to reinforce all of my impressions about him, and it is bringing a constant flow of new members here.  That's not me "choosing" anything. But yes, he definitely achieved a goal with me.  I stopped playing, canceled my VIP, removed my payment information.  

• Upvote 2

I don't think there's any doubt that a proportion of this community isn't going to help to move this forum to move to the next level (pre-supposing it wants to of course!) until they find a way to deal with the way the community is managed on the official forums.

Right now elements on both sides seem to have dug a trench and are sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "la,la,la I can't hear you!"

Less than 20% of the player base even read the forums, even less than that actively post, anything posted on the forums is not reaching anything like the whole playerbase.

If you really, really wanted to stick it where it hurts the best thing you can do is make the official forum an irrelevant wasteland (imho)

Note, this isn't a criticism; people are free to do and behave as they please, I'm certainly not judging anyone. Consider it an observation...

I don't think there's any doubt that a proportion of this community isn't going to help to move this forum to move to the next level (pre-supposing it wants to of course!) until they find a way to deal with the way the community is managed on the official forums.

Right now elements on both sides seem to have dug a trench and are sticking their fingers in their ears and shouting "la,la,la I can't hear you!"

Less than 20% of the player base even read the forums, even less than that actively post, anything posted on the forums is not reaching anything like the whole playerbase.

If you really, really wanted to stick it where it hurts the best thing you can do is make the official forum an irrelevant wasteland (imho)

Note, this isn't a criticism; people are free to do and behave as they please, I'm certainly not judging anyone. Consider it an observation...

It's an astute observation, though. Leave the official forums to the Cheerleaders, I'm perfectly fine with that.

It's an astute observation, though. Leave the official forums to the Cheerleaders, I'm perfectly fine with that.

I had something a little grander in mind, perhaps a home for content, guides and expertise the like of which aren't really present or easy to find elsewhere? The repository for information on the game...

The gift in the OP is funny IMO.

A note that said it was a "headache" relief is also funny.

Just sign it "MMO Troll and friends" and something like "For those HD days when everything you say seems to put your head in an uncomfortable sitting position". :P

I think Sapience has a sense of humor and I don't have the same ill feelings as many have towards him.

I had something a little grander in mind, perhaps a home for content, guides and expertise the like of which aren't really present or easy to find elsewhere? The repository for information on the game...

You're a wicked and cunning man, but I like you. If you can't take the mountain to Mohammed, let Mohammed come to the mountain  :Y)

Im truly surprised at some of the concern shown for Sap™.  I think office there would erupt after watching him open that.  While his boorish behavior is surely condoned by the likes of Kate and Co., Im sure most devs etc see his antics as detrimental to the game as a whole.

You reap what you sow, and dipshit is no exception

There was a time when I would have agreed with you. Unfortunately, I wouldn't want to ever help Turbine or their playerbase (read 'payingbase). Not anymore.

Im truly surprised at some of the concern shown for Sap™.  I think office there would erupt after watching him open that.  While his boorish behavior is surely condoned by the likes of Kate and Co., Im sure most devs etc see his antics as detrimental to the game as a whole.

What's more likely is that he's read it here, gotten a little angry, banned a few people to let off steam and then has resolved to immediately throw away any such parcel before anyone else can see it. I can already see him, waiting rabidly in the post room, ready to devour any evidence that someone had sent him a gift to help with his case of anal aggravation.

My own concern is more for MMO Troll than for Sapience.  Using the mail for stuff is something I would avoid personally.

But I think you're right about his co-workers.  I remember reading years ago that people who keep candy jars on their desks at work oftentimes use it as a way of getting all the office gossip.   The fact that one of his candy jars is a Darth Vader helmet could be unintentionally revealing.  At least some of the devs seem to wait till he's away from his desk to raid the jar, so they could be the smart ones.

Don't worry for me, War. My gift is 100% legal. At the worst, I might get a Sternly Worded Letter telling me off, but that's fine. There is no threat implied or overt, nor is the gift dangerous. It's the equivalent of sending someone a woopie cushion. No harm, no foul.

Well, OK, this sounds a bit like a response I'd get from the other forums - if I don't like it should I and the others who see his behaviors for what they are just not post here?  I don't think anything I wrote indicated anyone feeling "forced" to do anything.  Of course I choose to post here since I joined in summer specifically because his behavior (for me, it was the signatures) pissed me off and put me over the edge when I was already unhappy with the game for many other reasons.  He has done plenty more since then to reinforce all of my impressions about him, and it is bringing a constant flow of new members here.  That's not me "choosing" anything. But yes, he definitely achieved a goal with me.  I stopped playing, canceled my VIP, removed my payment information.

Huh?

I've not told you to stop posting here or stop doing anything.

I've just got an impression that you meant that some people are somehow "forced" to complain for years about same thing, while Turbine showed clearly that they were not, that they still don't give a shit(in most "innocent" case scenario) and they won't give a shit.

Of course my comment was directed at people who do it for many years, rather at fresh people who got angry and came here recently. I thought I've implied this strong enough.

Besides my post was an personal observation rather than telling anyone what to do. I am not defending Sapience or anyone else there either - I think some people may have read me showing my disgust many times to what has happened with Lotro and what microtransaction based business model have done to mmorpg genre overally. So I don't care about flak Sapience or Turbine gets.

I like the choice of video.

As for your grand idea: it's nice, but LOTRO is no longer a game that requires a guide of any kind, nor any expertise for that matter.

It's a truly brilliant idea, but will only remain so if it's done once by one person.

Personally Troll, once he sees it's from MMOTroll he'll either just throw it away un-opened or do something way over board like call in the bomb squad.

Plus, it won't be a surprise, we all know Rick Heaton reads this forum.

As for where some of you want to take this forums? If it became just a suppository (pun intended) for LOTRO info I'd probably be gone, not that that wouldn't make a few people here happy ;)

It's a truly brilliant idea, but will only remain so if it's done once by one person.

Personally Troll, once he sees it's from MMOTroll he'll either just throw it away un-opened or do something way over board like call in the bomb squad.

Plus, it won't be a surprise, we all know Rick Heaton reads this forum.

As for where some of you want to take this forums? If it became just a suppository (pun intended) for LOTRO info I'd probably be gone, not that that wouldn't make a few people here happy ;)

Let him call the bomb squad, I'd like to see him explain why he's calling on packages delivered by UPS, coming direct from Amazon.com. That could earn him a charge of "calling in a false report", and I don't think he's stupid enough to do that.

As for these forums, I consider this joke my "Last Hurrah" regarding LOTRO. Go out with a laugh, and while I won't be leaving the site, I intend to focus my attention on the non-LOTRO sections of this site from now on. There's no point in my opinion to discussing LOTRO or Turbine any further, because the game is a lost cause, as is trying to reason with Turbine.

See you all in the Rift forum!

Less than 20% of the player base even read the forums, even less than that actively post, anything posted on the forums is not reaching anything like the whole

What percent of official forum users are part of the current player base? Heh.

The forums over there are far more compelling than the game. Poor sods don't know what they're missing... Even so, no one knows what percent of players use the forums - probably not even Turbine. Is a lurker a user? Is someone who only logs into the game to chat a player? Etc...

I think the gifts are funny, but I sure wouldn't waste even .50 on the guy.

Shouldn't someone else send shampoo?  What with his head being up his own ass so often, the cream might cause him discomfort when he comes out for air.

(In all honesty, however, if I had the money, i'd book him a ticket and hotel room in Panama so he can say a few things straight to my face where 10 cops and WB guards won't jump me the second he panics)

Well, since I've not received even a C&D letter from Turbine, let alone a knock on the door from the FBI or local police, I think it is safe to assume Rick and his employers have either accepted the gift as the joke it was, or threw it away without a second thought. In either case, doesn't really matter to me. I feel I made my point to Rick, regardless of how he took it, or if he knew about it in advance or not.

Do I regret doing this? Not at all. Yes, it was expensive for a stupid joke, but at the same time, I feel it is always money well-spent when you can knock an asshat down a few pegs. Rick Heaton was being quite the Asshat indeed. Perhaps he'll recognize just how much of an ass he's been being, and how detrimental he has been to the community? Well, I doubt that will happen, but will his bosses perhaps take notice of his actions and do something to squelch his asshattery? That remains to be seen.

In the end, if I were to come across a similar situation from another gaming company employee acting in a similar manner, I'd probably send them a care package, too.

You may have unhinged his mind, Troll.  He apparently has decided he's Hodor:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532092-HODOR!!!!

I wasn't going to link that, but you know...it's too priceless not to share.  And he can't point fingers and accuse anyone of trolling him, he just sort of threw himself into that conversation.

_O-