LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
fanboi_pimp

Rage threads rising

Players started to rage on forums, it is very entertaning to watch. Defenders aren't holding back either. Basically for any 'you messed up my class, farewell' thread, there is one 'thank you turbine for the best game in the world' thread to counter it.

I would quote a lot of them but I'm on ipad and very tired. Please quote them here before they get deleted tomorrow :)

https://www.lotro.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-LOTRO-General-Discussion-amp-Feedback

Manstan is pissed about is chump :)

PS: Nymphonic doesn't miss a chance though, the man has posted in every thread how great Turbine is.

The defenders also like to use "if you don't like it, it's because you don't understand it".  That's the one that makes me rage.

Same here. I'm sick of them basically calling anyone who disagrees with them stupid.

The defenders also like to use "if you don't like it, it's because you don't understand it".  

Reasoning like that deff starts to cross into the area of cult/religious mentality. 

"You just don't understand the Devs like I do! They love us and want us to be happy!"  7(8)7

And Sapience awoke. Closed thread. I smell infraction points Monty :)

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?531840-All-of-this-Whining/page2

OP sounds like a troll. Hope he gets infracted too for flame baiting.

And from reading the posts, I noticed someone seemed to get dangerously close to saying they're anti-American XD

Wow....just....wow

Never fear... there are plenty other threads it seems, with enough people posting outside of Sap's radar to get a good one or two off....

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?531801-How-do-I-tank-now

Today, 06:31 AM #2
user-offline.png Senior Member

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by enginekid88 viewpost-right.png
I just logged into my Warden. I reset all my LI's and spec'd blueline. Then i re-arranged my slotbars because they were all messed up from retraiting.

After that I spend maybe 30 minutes going over all my gambits and reading the tooltips.

I notice that at least two gambits are completely gone: Call to Battle and Agression

I used to use these all the time; I used Call to Battle instead of EoB when I was far away and needed to grab agro off party members, or when I needed to grab agro on a boss or a group of mobs but not break any Mez.
I used to always use Aggression when tanking because it was fast (much faster than DoW) and it leeched agro from the party onto me which allowed me to pull archers and stuff off the healer.

Now what do i do?

thats the beauty of this expansion and the big battles: You DON'T tank

biggrin.png

All you have to do is run around, tell a captain to heal or dps more and push ladders away. So there's no need for tanks, healers, cc or dps even. To provide advice: slot dps skills, select the training dummy and just hit the available buttons to a level where hello-kitty is actually difficult.... this is the closest to combat you'll ever get

smile.png

And Sapience awoke. Closed thread. I smell infraction points Monty  :)

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?531840-All-of-this-Whining/page2

The infractions haven't popped up yet, still time though. 

Honestly, I think he is being less one sided than he used to be. Maybe he's realised that the fanbois actually cause far more grief on the boards than if they just let people complain. I don't think I said anything offensive that wasn't to demonstrate a point, but I'd be happy to take an infraction for it, provided the OP and several others got one too ;)

larrydavid-offensive.gif

"every game has small vocal fridge group that really are only there to complain ."

Is he talking about hobbits?  When did the Shire get electricity?  Is that an undocumented change for HD?

• Upvote 1

The defenders also like to use "if you don't like it, it's because you don't understand it".  That's the one that makes me rage.

Well, I just logged in to see what's become of my toons (I'm a lifer).  I haven't played in any meaningful way for some time now, and after getting halfway through traiting my poor Cappy, I know I never will again.

There's so much wrong with the whole thing I hardly even know where to start.  Not only is it the lack of skills I used to have and love -- I can get beyond pruning -- but just the arbitrary choices they make you make with the trees.  I've always loved being a sword-and-board Cappy.  But if I want to run the dps spec, can I still build for sword and board?  Yeah, but you lose out because of the big boost available for 2-handers.  Why not a comparable boost for those who like running sword and board somewhere else in the red tree?  I don't know.  Because Fredalas? (j/k, of course)  But within 5 minutes it's clear to me that all the people who warned about cookie-cutter builds are completely correct.

And then there the skill "Time of Need", which, iirc,used to require you to sacrifice some of your own health to get into a battle readied state to help your fellowship.  Hell, the icon has a picture of you slicing your own hand with a knife.  The cost now?  75power ... on a 2 minute cooldown.    The whole ethos of the Cappy class was support and sacrificing yourself for the good of those around you. That's where the balance, and the fun, was.  How tight a line can I toe between helping the group and keeping myself alive.  Le sigh...

And then there's the total cheapy-cheap look of the trait UI.  I honestly think I could replicate it on PowerPoint if given 4 hours.  And speaking of cheap, basically using player-created class guides on the forums instead of creating your own is so tacky, I wish I could send RuPaul to Turbine offices so she could snap her fingers in management's faces and tell them off.  But considering I don't have her on speed dial, Zoidberg will have to do...

I won't even get started on banners... :(

PS - Yes, a bit off topic... my apologies... I guess it's my own rage thread.

PSS - Just to be clear, much respect to the players who did create the class guides.  You did a lot of work and deserve recognition at the least, and probably some sort of compensation.

Edited by Granville

I know, cappies are not what they were.  Even buffing random people in Bree is now a thing of the past.  I always liked to be the recipient of a drive-by buff.

And "because Fredelas" is a gem, may I use it elsewhere?

The game has now become easy mode. Those of us who are used to a challenge are done for. I think

the Guard video with 9 mobs attacking while only using auto attack will go down in history. They didn't care

when this was done to DDO and they don't care now. The IP is strong enough to hold a bridge using a deck

of cards but, even that will only hold for so long. Many people have walked and many more are going to walk.

They should have a show for Gaming Studios kinda alike Restaurant Impossible...... They would qualify.

The infractions haven't popped up yet, still time though. 

Honestly, I think he is being less one sided than he used to be. Maybe he's realised that the fanbois actually cause far more grief on the boards than if they just let people complain. I don't think I said anything offensive that wasn't to demonstrate a point, but I'd be happy to take an infraction for it, provided the OP and several others got one too ;)

larrydavid-offensive.gif

I would say the fan bois are doing themselves no favours at the minute, the forums are stacked with abusive posts from them and so far, most of the negative comments have been quite civil especially to other players.

I would say the fan bois are doing themselves no favours at the minute, the forums are stacked with abusive posts from them and so far, most of the negative comments have been quite civil especially to other players.

Yeah for sure. They do seem to be getting worse as time goes on. The thing is it's actually them that cost Turbine customers and money. The people that come to the forum to praise Turbine are not going anywhere anyway, but those that have concerns and are looking for answers are likely to think sod it, what's the point. It's what soured me on the game in the first place, rather than the mods themselves. 

"every game has small vocal fridge group that really are only there to complain ."

Is he talking about hobbits?  When did the Shire get electricity?  Is that an undocumented change for HD?

_O-  I think this has just become my favorite quote from HD release.  The image of a Hobbit with his head inside a fridge still politely but vociferously arguing with someone behind him....  Damn that vocal fridge group, always causing problems.

Mar-Evayave weighs in:

"Kinda surprised that one of the biggest changes with HD slipped under the radar of an entire kinship. I'd say the class changes might even be THE biggest, even bigger than the Epic Battles."

I would hate to be in her kinship.  Can you imagine the constant stream of nagging emails you'd get?

I swear I cannot eat/drink and read those forums anymore because I might come across a post by Volsi, I almost choked on my cheesebread reading this one.  Volsi, I don't know what your "real life" calling is but you have a gift for pointed one-liners lol.  Faceroll while yelling pew-pew...rofl.

Some people enjoy getting the most out of there character as far as DPS and will spend time finding the best trait set up and skill rotation. They will test out different armor sets and bonuses to achieve the best character they can.

Others judge what gear is best by what color it is and then roll there face back and forth over there keyboard wile yelling "Pew Pew"

The good thing about LotRO is that either of these players can play the game. I do not see why we should pass judgement on the way someone enjoys the game.

So this is how people make thank you threads now:

Thank you Turbine

What a expansion it is awesome and i just can't wait to play it.So thanks alot turbine i love it.
Now for the moaners and pain in the #### posters on here,for you i am sick to death of listening to you go on and on and on about how #### this game is.
For me it is THE BEST and will always be THE BEST game in the world,and if u hate the game so much get losted because i am glad if u leave and good ridance.
One day these forums will have positive posts on here and not always negative.
I totally expect to be flamed but u know what I DO NOT CARE i love this game and long live LOTRO

Between the facerolling Pew Pew comment and Palpatine above I got a good laugh out this thread which is surprising because I just got home from a root canal.

Thanks guys (and gals) for the chuckle

Must be hard to have a root canal done when you have your head up your ass...

(Sorry couldn't resist)

The can check my 'riods too.  2 for 1 deal