LOTROCommunity

Rage threads rising

I logged in to check the festival rewards and already had enough tokens to get the horse and caparison on my main.  Not going to bother on any other characters or servers.  Then I went to my house to look around.  It's practically all emptied out since last time I was there, I think there's only one house that isn't one of mine now.  I was thinking of deleting a bunch of stuff but couldn't even be arsed to spend the time doing it.  I paid up my maintenance on everything and logged off again.

Almagnus1, I thought your OF thread on the humane design topic was a good one, it's too bad the point was completely lost on people there (and WTF Yula?)  At least you didn't have to suffer whh weighing in.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1 2 3 I had wanted to compile a history of changes vis the Moors over the years but found that a lot of the update lists were lost with the old forums; it would have been interesti

Then why post but to stir up yet even more drama, (as it appears this is actually something you quite enjoy to do)? And if you are the American woman who accused my alliance leader of being discrimina

Lol, hardly. You come here, you stir up stuff.. yet all in the name of not stirring up anything. Seriously, lol.   "Oh, I'm just 'merely' here to talk about things and stir up a long dead post.

Late to this topic, but wow that heydt was a really stupid fanboy.

He got into a bunch of crappy PUGs & wiped now he's shitting all over the thought of any teamwork at all. The OF doesn't really attract many intelligent individuals.

image_zpsmbdcdhka.jpg

image_zpsdskob6cp.jpg

image_zpstbuljtkf.jpg

I had wanted to compile a history of changes vis the Moors over the years but found that a lot of the update lists were lost with the old forums; it would have been interesting to have a detailed record of all the changes in general, large and small.

This needs to go in the dictionary.  d;)b

I had wanted to compile a history of changes vis the Moors over the years but found that a lot of the update lists were lost with the old forums; it would have been interesting to have a detailed record of all the changes in general, large and small.

Thankfully, the wiki still exists.

Almagnus1, I thought your OF thread on the humane design topic was a good one, it's too bad the point was completely lost on people there (and WTF Yula?)  At least you didn't have to suffer whh weighing in.

I've actually found a lot of interesting things from Extra Credits over the years, as it's helped expand how I think about games, and how things are designed.  Probably the dev in me digging into the design aspects and such.  It's definitely a YouTube channel to subscribe to and just spend a Saturday watching.

I definitely should have provided more of a write up with that video, as I had assumed that video would have spoken clearly enough to what Turbine has done with the game.  I had definitely not expected Yula to do his usual thread killing routine (which is why I think he should be banned).  He's done that so many times in the suggestion forums that it's stifled player creativity, which is to the detriment of us all.

image_zpsmbdcdhka.jpg

image_zpsdskob6cp.jpg

image_zpstbuljtkf.jpg

You need to add a 2.1 of F2P, and a 2.2 that reflects the degrading gamestate before WB stepped in.

If you're gonna mock, get it right! =P

It would be interesting for someone to post a timeline from start to current state of what LOTRO has become. Just for visual and archival purposes.

Reading through all the patch notes from SoA, it struck me that as early as Book 12 the trend was already towards 'easy mode'. At the time such changes as scaling back the difficulties of some quests and buffing classes seemed (and may well have been) reasonable QOL tweaks. But multiply those changes over 6 more years and we inevitably arrive at where LOTRO is at now.

I was also struck by the often incomprehensible state of the PvMP change lists, with incorrect information given, the same notifications given multiple times over six months, and big chunks of information either not fully outlined or not listed at all. It certainly reminds one of why the PvMP crowd was fast becoming a cynical bunch indeed.

Reading through all the patch notes from SoA, it struck me that as early as Book 12 the trend was already towards 'easy mode'. At the time such changes as scaling back the difficulties of some quests and buffing classes seemed (and may well have been) reasonable QOL tweaks. But multiply those changes over 6 more years and we inevitably arrive at where LOTRO is at now.

I was also struck by the often incomprehensible state of the PvMP change lists, with incorrect information given, the same notifications given multiple times over six months, and big chunks of information either not fully outlined or not listed at all. It certainly reminds one of why the PvMP crowd was fast becoming a cynical bunch indeed.

Whatever process was in place for compiling notes almost always carried over pvp changes from one batch of release notes to the next.  That always stuck out to me.

They still have a staff, how much does it costs to create virtual items when you're already paying staff?

Busy creating things like hobby horses that can be $$$ in the shop.

• 2 weeks later...