LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
fanboi_pimp

Rage threads rising

Sorry, but I'm not seeing a mass exodus just yet!

Operative word being "just yet". Being that the majority of power players have left the game, content is going to be consumed at a much slower pace overall. But being that there's still not much new content regardless, this expac will offer the least staying power the game's ever seen.

Expect the precipitous drop within 3-4 months, where login numbers will begin to resemble those of the month leading up to HD... and it'll only get worse from there. It won't take long for the "newness" of HD to wear off. Not long at all...

Also speaking of headdesk moments, djheydt is saying it's because of women and older folk that the game has been dumbed down.  Since she is both a woman and old, apparently other women and older folks must be like her:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532277-Sign-this-petition-to-get-Lotro-back!&p=7013114#post7013114

Just absolute rubbish.  *Every* woman I've played with has loved challenge in the game.  And they weren't all young either.  Most are 30+ and some even grandmothers!  I also know enough older gentleman who want challenge as well.

Also speaking of headdesk moments, djheydt is saying it's because of women and older folk that the game has been dumbed down.  Since she is both a woman and old, apparently other women and older folks must be like her:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532277-Sign-this-petition-to-get-Lotro-back!&p=7013114#post7013114

Just absolute rubbish.  *Every* woman I've played with has loved challenge in the game.  And they weren't all young either.  Most are 30+ and some even grandmothers!  I also know enough older gentleman who want challenge as well.

Expect to see Old P come in and defend his wifey :P

My kin was fairly accomplished with raiding, having completed all challenges on level up to Flight, when we quit.

Of our core of 14 raiders, all were 26 or older, about 3/4 were over 30, 1/3 were 40 or older and 1 was well over 60.

I'm over 46, I want challenging games, faceroll is so empty and meaningless it's stupid. It would be faster just to masturbate, and take up less time to boot.

Also speaking of headdesk moments, djheydt is saying it's because of women and older folk that the game has been dumbed down.  Since she is both a woman and old, apparently other women and older folks must be like her

I saw that post. What an idiot, I don't care about her age, she is an idiot. What the hell is being a man or woman has to do with anything ?? It depends on the character and preferances of people. That was a sexist post. 

There was a dps minstrel obsessed freak on my server and forums and she was one of the rudest people on the server. Always talking about her dps minstrel, dissing other people and when she is cornered, she played on being a woman. 'Be nice to me, I'm a woman' she said. Every woman player on my kin had her on ignore, one of them was almost getting banned temporarily because she couldn't take her shit anymore and sweared a lot.

This was over 2 years ago. But people don't react well to sexist comments or someone playing on being a girl. Like being a man or woman gives anyone a privilege.

There was a dps minstrel obsessed freak on my server and forums and she was one of the rudest people on the server. Always talking about her dps minstrel, dissing other people and when she is cornered, she played on being a woman. 'Be nice to me, I'm a woman' she said. Every woman player on my kin had her on ignore, one of them was almost getting banned temporarily because she couldn't take her shit anymore and sweared a lot.

This was over 2 years ago. But people don't react well to sexist comments or someone playing on being a girl. Like being a man or woman gives anyone a privilege.

Did she happen to be an American living in France? Make a big deal out of her expat status? Because we had one of those on our server and she's on the forums as well: Norwrei, if I'm spelling that right. She tried to get in our raiding alliance and of course wouldn't be flexible and only wanted to be a dps minnie. She was saying how she could do just as much damage as any other class, like hunter or champ. So she was told to parse her dps, screenshot it, and if it was good enough AND she could manage her power at the same time, then she could get in. She refused, went off on the alliance leader saying that she was being denied because the leader hated women and Americans. She made herself look like a right ass considering our alliance member is a woman and I'd been in the alliance for a year at that point.. and I'm a woman and American. She got rightfully laughed at. Ended up switching servers (she'd even moved to ours I think) because apparently everyone is mean to her and weren't accepting of a dps minstrel. Of course none of her problem was her own fault. She's one of those people who fails to see what a jerk they are. :P

Did she happen to be an American living in France? Make a big deal out of her expat status?...

Yep, that would be her :D No one can escape her, according to my kinmates, she changed her servers every year because she couldn't get along with anybody. She was a real pain in the ass and I fought with her all the time. 

She said she was leaving the forums last year because people were laughing at her on forums as well. She recently re appeared on forums and started defending dps minstrel changes :P

Watch out for her!

Did she happen to be an American living in France? Make a big deal out of her expat status? Because we had one of those on our server and she's on the forums as well: Norwrei, if I'm spelling that right. She tried to get in our raiding alliance and of course wouldn't be flexible and only wanted to be a dps minnie. She was saying how she could do just as much damage as any other class, like hunter or champ. So she was told to parse her dps, screenshot it, and if it was good enough AND she could manage her power at the same time, then she could get in. She refused, went off on the alliance leader saying that she was being denied because the leader hated women and Americans. She made herself look like a right ass considering our alliance member is a woman and I'd been in the alliance for a year at that point.. and I'm a woman and American. She got rightfully laughed at. Ended up switching servers (she'd even moved to ours I think) because apparently everyone is mean to her and weren't accepting of a dps minstrel. Of course none of her problem was her own fault. She's one of those people who fails to see what a jerk they are. :P

I don't know the history of this person and never was aware of them until recently, when I saw her post something in a forum about being confused or not understanding something, and stating that maybe it was due to her "female brain."  I was very tempted to log in and respond to that, as I was with Mrs. Heydt's post today, but decided to hell with it, they'd both view it as being picked on (despite what they are both doing to half the population of the planet by promulgating such nonsense).  Please god anyone with a daughter do not raise her to think as either of these two do.

Its rare that something annoys me so much that I bite, but I just had to with that one. Too many older/female gamers in my MMO guilds over the years to let that pass.

Hell, depressingly its starting to sink in that I am an older gamer by most standards now.

there was 3 old ladies in a kin of mine a few years back, I won't name names though, just the "squisky sisters" although I think they were actually just freinds. one of them was on the way out with something bad, ofc you don't ask you just play. and the 3 loved questing together and actually did all the 3 mans with one of them forgetting what she was doing all the time XD

some of the funniest raids were with them, it might have been hard because they didn't play well but heck they made it worth it XD

"oh woooowwww, this purple goo looks nice, look at my birdy in it, doesn't it look lovely :D ... ... ... oh ... I forgot purple is bad ... well I'll make a tea, do you want anything while I'm out?"

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

I find it completely bullshit that anyone wants this brainmeltingly easy mush of content. I'm only 89 now but I'm worried how easy group stuff will be... BB's are already partly afk-able.

"oh woooowwww, this purple goo looks nice, look at my birdy in it, doesn't it look lovely  :D ... ... ... oh ... I forgot purple is bad ... well I'll make a tea, do you want anything while I'm out?"

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

In my opinion, these kind of moments in raids/instances and funny conversations on ventrilo/teamspeak is what makes mmo s fun. Not soloing content and making alts rinse and repeat... Not that soloers would understand. They've never had those fun moments in grouping.

Helms Deep would make a perfect place for multi boss raids and instances. They wasted a great opportunity. No one plays big battles. BB already failed.

She was on Snowbourn for a while too.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?532200-Just-got-burnt

Coupons apparently no longer can be applied if you chose quick buy. Using the weekly gift code to rip off the unwary? Oh Turdbine, you never fail to amaze me.

Manstan, $2 earlier in the game and now 100TP, I can see this poor guy singing on a street corner shortly.

I'm hesitant to name names, but there was a minstrel on Landroval this past year, always running 6mans and then running in the Moors, boasting of her minstrel DPS and not wanting to do anything but DPS.  Had a foreign accent but it was hard to figure out what exactly.

Best healing RK I've met in-game: woman.

One of the best DPS RKs: woman.

One of the best Hunters: woman.

At least one of those is 40 years old, and a second is probably over 30.

Best healing RK I've met in-game: woman.

One of the best DPS RKs: woman.

One of the best Hunters: woman.

At least one of those is 40 years old, and a second is probably over 30.

Our kin leaders wife was the best Cappy/ hunter I've ever met.  And she's over 35

The top RK on our server is a female mid 30's(dps RK, everyone knows I'm the best heal RK on the server jk)

The top PVP and PVE LM was in our kin and was a womam from Belgium aged 31

Her back up was a woman

I was in a Kin on Windfola for a few years run by women most mid 30's to 40's.

Our kinleader was consider at one point to be the most desired mini on the server.

I had a quest buddie for 40 levels who was a 45 year old woman.

Our main tank on Melendor was a woman.

I could go on all day.............but I won't

If any of those women I played with made a comment like the one Mrs. ODP made I would have been totally shocked.

While I have played with many players that were well into their sixties, from what I've found they are a severe minority.  Like way less than 10% (lol).  Not prevalent enough to tailor content to their needs.  (see what I did there?)   I think more of this attitude Mrs. ODP protrudes is based upon the fact that she would be terribly happy if all of us left the game and it was her and ODP playing.  Us fellow players ruin emmersion.  

OK I've kicked the 3 legged dog long enough.

Peace out Quinn

Some of the women I play with and against are some of the best PvPers on my server.

I don't think Turbine is dumbing down the game for the player base, they are doing it for Turbine. It's a lot of work to create challenging gameplay!

Seriously, though, I think employees at Turbine know that something's up and are now in the "working just enough not to get fired" mode.

P.S. The thread seems to have been deleted.