LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
fanboi_pimp

Rage threads rising

I found it was pretty easy to spam Wild Attack->Remorseless Strike until my target was dead.  Other than making sure you're hitting the right target, and maybe timing defensive cooldowns on the ToO trash, I'm not sure what in ToO could possibly expose a Champ. :P

My kin did F&F T2 with a server first. I was on my champ. Want to know how I showed off? I was the tank :P

Sadly, gone are those days.

All players are completely naked under their clothes.

Giggity Giggity Goo!

All those hot jagged pixels rubbing up against each other... giggity goo indeed. :P

I found it was pretty easy to spam Wild Attack->Remorseless Strike until my target was dead.  Other than making sure you're hitting the right target, and maybe timing defensive cooldowns on the ToO trash, I'm not sure what in ToO could possibly expose a Champ. :P

Things like acid wing exposed his lack of dps, ability to get aggro on specific mobs and him not really listening so much.

I know another LM and a Champ on Arkenstone who also got a "server first" there against us but sadly, their own kinmates said that these two pretty much slept through the raid, lol. Still trying to figure that one out since at least as LM no way can you sleep in there, but I supposed weirder things have happened.

Best thing to show people who question your achievements or skills in any case are the videos of when you got them so they can see you "in action." Short of that, there are some folks that just don't buy anything you say.

Odd that, as I am the leader of said server first kin... I can guarantee you no one was sleeping. :)

Just potting debuffs ensured no one could sleep through that fight, but we used our Champ to tank the Venom boss (only used one Guardian). Venom boss would put the serious hurt on any non heavy.

Come phase 5, anyone who says they were sleeping either died or is full of shit.

Odd that, as I am the leader of said server first kin... I can guarantee you no one was sleeping. :)

Just potting debuffs ensured no one could sleep through that fight, but we used our Champ to tank the Venom boss (only used one Guardian). Venom boss would put the serious hurt on any non heavy.

Come phase 5, anyone who says they were sleeping either died or is full of shit.

Then apparently the story - like the game telephone - of who participated and when, and who did what, was "augmented" over the years since I heard this from kin chat while I was on Arkenstone.  Some people always want to take the credit of their betters :P

My kin did F&F T2 with a server first. I was on my champ. Want to know how I showed off? I was the tank :P

Sadly, gone are those days.

Well done, sir.  Main tank for the whole fight, or tank on the first giant?   We used a CBR Champ tank on the first giant, since the giant was only going to be alive for <1 minute anyway and we didn't want to waste DPS by sticking a Guard on it. :)

Well done, sir.  Main tank for the whole fight, or tank on the first giant?   We used a CBR Champ tank on the first giant, since the giant was only going to be alive for <1 minute anyway and we didn't want to waste DPS by sticking a Guard on it. :)

Nice. We used a Cappo. :) At least to grab aggro and then ran him over to the main tank after the grims spawned.

We did bring 2 tanks though, one for the 2 giants and one for the Grims. 

That challenge was so tedious. You knew a minute in whether it was a scrap or not. Some particularly bad nights we'd easily plow through a stack of food in about 90 minutes. I'm not sure if I miss those days or not... hehe. For us it usually hinged on the Hunters and whether or not they could kill that first Grim on time and in the right place. Needless to say, not many people outside our raiding core ever completed the challenge...

Nice. We used a Cappo. :) At least to grab aggro and then ran him over to the main tank after the grims spawned.

We did bring 2 tanks though, one for the 2 giants and one for the Grims. 

That challenge was so tedious. You knew a minute in whether it was a scrap or not. Some particularly bad nights we'd easily plow through a stack of food in about 90 minutes. I'm not sure if I miss those days or not... hehe. For us it usually hinged on the Hunters and whether or not they could kill that first Grim on time and in the right place. Needless to say, not many people outside our raiding core ever completed the challenge...

Yeah, we had a 2nd guard for the grims, too.  I'm sure the fight was fun for him: pretend to be a Warden for a few minutes (run in circles!).

Nice touch with the Captain - I like it.

I always like hearing about other groups doing things a bit differently.  Gortheron was probably the best fight for that, at least as far as "number of possible successful strats" went.

Whole fight. Some of the best days of raiding I had was when I was tanking on my champ. Back when tanks were needed and raids existed, of course.

My favorite raid fight in LotRO by far.

OD was my favourite raid cluster tbh, back in summer I took my new kin, who were fairly new to the game through it all, we started off doing t1 stuff( they had only done erebor before and honestly had to actually learn real raid mechanics) and they absolutely loved it, all of a sudden the kin was active we had loads on became very active, we were discussing tactics in kin chat and organising things as a kin, not just OD but all sorts of runs for kinnies (and i wasnt even and officer let alone kin leader) as soon as I came online everyone was asking for OD runs, even people from the server were pm'ing me for spots, we started doing t2 tactics in t1 runs to get us ready and we went through all the t2 content, we even managed a couple of challenges on the way. Even though we struggled like mad to do Fear T2C it didnt put them off, they wanted to keep trying to beat was great, wonderful feeling.We were by no means an elite raiding kin, but we were now an active raiding kin and who knows where that could have lead to, unfortunately we ran out of content to do at 85 that they wanted to try, they just didnt want to do erebor after OD and BG.

We went through Orthanc as they wanted more of that kind of raid to play, and even attempted Draigoch but the bugs that raid now has just made it unplayable, we did it in the end but all the fun had gone trying to overcome the issues, we had to do the two tanks method to overcome the problem with the head not being where it looks like it is, which meant someone having to play as a back up tank instead of the class they wanted to play, not to mention getting 1/2 way through and not being able to hurt a claw.

My point is , they thought erebor was great till they tried OD, and this idea that people dont want to raid anymore is a myth, give them a decent raid cluster and 1 person who is willing to guide people through it and I guarantee they will enjoy it, the argument i always here is "never tried raiding, the leets put me off" well all turbine need to do is fix the kinships, make a new decent raid cluster and voila, a new raiding community will be born.

My point is , they thought erebor was great till they tried OD, and this idea that people dont want to raid anymore is a myth, give them a decent raid cluster and 1 person who is willing to guide people through it and I guarantee they will enjoy it, the argument i always here is "never tried raiding, the leets put me off" well all turbine need to do is fix the kinships, make a new decent raid cluster and voila, a new raiding community will be born.

This is true. I'm by no means a raider. I haven't got the time or the patience to try something over and over to find a sly way to overcome a boss' routine. But I still like being in a well-led group where the leader knows what to do and gives clear instructions. Playing in a group is still the best experience in LOTRO and the sense of achievement in overcoming a tough fight is great.

(By the way, the two best leaders I've ever served in groups for were both female...)

This is true. I'm by no means a raider. I haven't got the time or the patience to try something over and over to find a sly way to overcome a boss' routine. But I still like being in a well-led group where the leader knows what to do and gives clear instructions. Playing in a group is still the best experience in LOTRO and the sense of achievement in overcoming a tough fight is great.

(By the way, the two best leaders I've ever served in groups for were both female...)

This is my playstyle to a T!  I enjoy being led by someone who knows what they're doing, and being in a group with people who can listen and follow instructions.  I miss that so much.

I'm in a really casual kin right now.  There are a couple people capable of leading a raid and a handful of players who can listen and follow directions, but most people just do whatever they want.  The few times I've tried raiding with my current kinship, it just ends up being a frustrating experience for me.

My two previous causal raiding kinships both left for Rift.  One in 2010, and the other in 2011.

I think Turbine just went through a series of mistakes that drove some raiders away from playing as often as they did. It all started with Moria. Before that, Rift was the main raid people ran and, if you had enough people, Helegrod.

Moria came along and gave us a Lair raid (Vile Maw). The gating behind radiance wasn't really an issue for those in kins but for those who only pugged, it meant they had to do some pug grinding before being able to attempt VM. The shifting difficulty of that raid kept people fairly interested. Then we got the Turtle raid, a bit of a DPS distraction whilst Turbine got Dar Narbugud ready.

When DN came out, it didn't have a particularly amazing armour set (though it was an upgrade for some classes). Though the jewels were pretty good, the lack of a decent armour set wasn't much of an incentive for repeated runs. It kept people going for a while.

Then Mirkwood hit. With such a small increase in the level cap, the armour sets weren't much better than we had previously. Again, no real incentive for armour. However, it was only a 'small' multi-boss raid. Most pugs would simply run Durchest and maybe push for Twins but rarely did Lieutenant in the early days. The trash was just a bit tedious.

Then we got Ost Dunhoth. No level cap rise, though. This, I feel, was its biggest weakness. Without a level-cap, I personally saw no reason to run it. There was nothing of value in there that wouldn't be outdated within the few months before RoI's release. I ran it with my kin for the fun but it had no replay factor for me.

Then RoI. Now, it was a good idea (even if the lore behind was broken to pieces). I liked the same 'wing' style that OD had but it was end-game and so good to run. But what armour was there to get? All that was needed was a single run through to unlock the deeds and then you could just grind Foundary for the rest of it. A bad decision. Not to mention, the difficulty of T2C was well skewed at the start, making the fights just frustratingly difficult, rather than entertainingly so.

Not to mention that SW:ToR came out then. It definitely hit my kin hard, with people leaving due to frustration at the raid and promise of a new MMO.

With RoR, it all went to hell. Raid locks were gone, making grinding a certainty. People were burn out in a matter of days rather than weeks. Not only that, the broken Flight raid made it impossible to complete for the armour. So people just gave up wanting to get it. Jewels were all available in the scaled instances, so why run a raid that gives nothing of value? And loot dropping for everyone just made it less personal. DKP that most kins centred around was dead and made kin raiding even less relevant.

It's no wonder that Turbine saw a decrease in raiders with all of that. They just stupidly applied it to people not liking raiding, as opposed to the truth that people don't like pointless raiding. People like to be entertained, to have something to work on and to be drawn together for fun and tactics. There won't be a raid like that for LotRO. Not anymore.

• Upvote 1

There was a dps minstrel obsessed freak on my server and forums and she was one of the rudest people on the server. Always talking about her dps minstrel, dissing other people and when she is cornered, she played on being a woman. 'Be nice to me, I'm a woman' she said. Every woman player on my kin had her on ignore, one of them was almost getting banned temporarily because she couldn't take her shit anymore and sweared a lot.

This was over 2 years ago. But people don't react well to sexist comments or someone playing on being a girl. Like being a man or woman gives anyone a privilege.

Did she happen to be an American living in France? Make a big deal out of her expat status? Because we had one of those on our server and she's on the forums as well: Norwrei, if I'm spelling that right. She tried to get in our raiding alliance and of course wouldn't be flexible and only wanted to be a dps minnie. She was saying how she could do just as much damage as any other class, like hunter or champ. So she was told to parse her dps, screenshot it, and if it was good enough AND she could manage her power at the same time, then she could get in. She refused, went off on the alliance leader saying that she was being denied because the leader hated women and Americans. She made herself look like a right ass considering our alliance member is a woman and I'd been in the alliance for a year at that point.. and I'm a woman and American. She got rightfully laughed at. Ended up switching servers (she'd even moved to ours I think) because apparently everyone is mean to her and weren't accepting of a dps minstrel. Of course none of her problem was her own fault. She's one of those people who fails to see what a jerk they are. :P

She was on Snowbourn for a while too.

I'm hesitant to name names, but there was a minstrel on Landroval this past year, always running 6mans and then running in the Moors, boasting of her minstrel DPS and not wanting to do anything but DPS.  Had a foreign accent but it was hard to figure out what exactly.

Hi everyone, I'm not good at multi-quoting so I'll just make one post and be done with it.  First of all, please accept my apologies for posting to a dead thread but since I (Norwrei) seem to be the topic of this gossip fest even though I was not here to defend myself, I felt better late than never.. even though at the end of the day it doesn't really matter, does it?

I'm not responding in order, just as the thoughts come to me.. sorry for that too.  I'm not really a big forum poster.  I actually only came to this forum today after not being here for several years to find info about the servers being down.  Out of boredom accidentally came across this thread.

To the person about the Moors mini, it was not me since I'm not good at pvp and don't do the Moors.. I'm only rank 3.

I haven't changed a ton of servers either due to conflict.  When I first started LOTRO it was during early beta way back when I used to work with Codemasters as a contributing writer, game events person, some gm related stuff, etc.  This is how I fell in love with the mini.  I remember once we were doing an event for players and my colleagues asked me to heal or something, I said I don't know how so they said just kill stuff lol.  Of course in god-mode, that's easy enough haha.  After beta, I became a normal player and continued to dps my minstrel even before warspeach existed.  That wasn't really easy but I still did it.  My original server was Snowbourn and that's where I still am... and I'm very happy there too.  At one point I did request to be transferred to Elder where my son was... by mistake got transferred to Evernight and then the transfer were closed... so as soon as they were open went to Elder.  I did enjoy Elder despite some rude people.  But rude people can be found anywhere, just as in real life.  I missed Snowbourn and wanted to go back forever but at that point it was not possible due to technical issues to be transferred back to a server previously on...so once again tried the RP server on the EU side for a few days while they tried to move my character to Snowbourn.  That was a few years ago and I've been on Snowbourn since.

On all servers there are both good and bad people.  I've encountered both.  Sadly the way I would play my Minstrel would attract some of the bad... you know the kind of people who feel the need to throw insults at you simply for how you choose to play a game.  Bullies.  Everyone has the right to play their game the way he/she wants.  I never dictated to others how to play yet often I would get uninvited messages from people I did not know ranging from how to trait my virtues, etc to my gear to flat out calling me names and if I ever dared to stand up for myself then I was the bad one.  Since most of these comments did come from men, or at least people who claim to be guys.. yes I also felt descriminated against as a woman... sometimes even as an American because being on an EU server back in those days, I did see a lot rude comments against Americans.  I just basically had enough of the crap and rude people who want to destroy your fun, you know the same kind of people who have nothing else better to do than gossip about someone who is not even here to defend themselves.  In most forums that is simply not allowed.

Despite the negativity there was just as much support if not more.  There are a lot of nice people who play this game so I really don't want to give the bad ones too much credit. Alot of people allowed me to play in their groups as a dps mini but sad sometimes there would be players who did not like it and would order me like I was some slave to heal.. etc and if I did not, then I was being a selfish player.  But if I was invited to dps, then why should I take orders to heal?

Anyway, that's all ancient history now and it's become a moot point since now all classes have become hybrid (which I think is great) and I've not run into too many people who have issues about dps mini.. sure occasionally there is the odd-ball but for the most part everything is good.

I see game is up so thanks for letting me have my say and have a nice day in Middle-Earth!
  • Upvote 2

Then why post but to stir up yet even more drama, (as it appears this is actually something you quite enjoy to do)? And if you are the American woman who accused my alliance leader of being discriminatory against women and Americans out of blue, without realising you were talking to a woman or that said alliance had other female members and an American women to boot (aka, me).. yeah you pretty much showed your character right there. You were also given the opportunity to play how you want and show that that way was good enough, but you couldn't back it up, but instead cried about persecution, blah, blah, blah. There's a reason why multiple people across multiple server have strong issues with you.. and it ain't on their side. Some introspection is very much needed upon someone's behalf. Goodbye.

Pot. Kettle. Black.  That's called hypocricy. Actually it appears you are the one good at drama since you brought my LOTRO forum name here without even knowing me.. I surely do not know you.  I vaguely remember a very rude kin leader (who I only spoke to once several years ago lol) who did not want me in her kin since I was a dps mini and yes this person said that .. you know what, it's ok. her/his kin and they have the right to run it the way they want but honestly there was no need to be rude and offensive about it.. and I'm merely here to explain things a bit but I did that so now I'll leave.  If I were you, I would get that chip off your shoulder.  This is only a game.  No reason to be so angry and hold onto game grudges from 2 years ago!!  Life is too short for that.  Chill out.

Irony. Only someone who is actually seeking drama would have dug this back up from last year, because the rest of us would have completely forgotten about this by now. Good job.

• Upvote 2

Pot. Kettle. Black.  That's called hypocricy. Actually it appears you are the one good at drama since you brought my LOTRO forum name here without even knowing me.. I surely do not know you *snip* Chill out.

Putting aside what happened or how it was perceived to anyone you view as present at the time. How can you say anyone doesn't know you if you're willing to say you don't know them?

Bystanders exist, watch, and form opinions based on what they see all the time. If anyone is somehow different in private than they are in public, this is going to happen. Sooner or later. Justified or not.

I appreciate you stopping in to give your side of the story. I hope you'll both be able to move past this and continue to co-exist here. It get heated, sure, but we all are passionate about our past in Lotro, and most of the folk here are trying as best they can to move on and land on their feet in other games.

Well, I would consider myself a bystander, and I remember a couple of occasions where there'd be rubbish going on in glff because fellowships were looking for a minstrel (for healing, which would be obvious to 99.9999% of the population on glff) and you were in there arguing for minstrel DPS.

It seemed obvious to me that you were seeking drama, and there were plenty of others to help you with that - it's what Evernight glff does best after all.

• Upvote 1

Pot. Kettle. Black.  That's called hypocricy. Actually it appears you are the one good at drama since you brought my LOTRO forum name here without even knowing me.. I surely do not know you.  I vaguely remember a very rude kin leader (who I only spoke to once several years ago lol) who did not want me in her kin since I was a dps mini and yes this person said that .. you know what, it's ok. her/his kin and they have the right to run it the way they want but honestly there was no need to be rude and offensive about it.. and I'm merely here to explain things a bit but I did that so now I'll leave.  If I were you, I would get that chip off your shoulder.  This is only a game.  No reason to be so angry and hold onto game grudges from 2 years ago!!  Life is too short for that.  Chill out.

I don't think Lothirieth has a chip on her shoulder.  To me it looks like she has a good memory.

• Upvote 2

To me it looks like she has a good memory.

And apparently I don't. Who is this person? I kinda stopped reading when I saw 'DPS mini'.

I have to say, if you feel 'discriminated' against just because you happen to be a woman and people criticising you happen to be men, you're missing the point that it was criticism about your play style. The fact you're supposedly a woman has nothing to do with it.

• Upvote 1

Pot. Kettle. Black.  That's called hypocricy.

Lol, hardly. You come here, you stir up stuff.. yet all in the name of not stirring up anything. Seriously, lol. :P

Actually it appears you are the one good at drama since you brought my LOTRO forum name here without even knowing me.. I surely do not know you.  I vaguely remember a very rude kin leader (who I only spoke to once several years ago lol) who did not want me in her kin since I was a dps mini and yes this person said that .. you know what, it's ok. her/his kin and they have the right to run it the way they want but honestly there was no need to be rude and offensive about it.. and I'm merely here to explain things a bit but I did that so now I'll leave.  If I were you, I would get that chip off your shoulder.  This is only a game.  No reason to be so angry and hold onto game grudges from 2 years ago!!  Life is too short for that.  Chill out.

"Oh, I'm just 'merely' here to talk about things and stir up a long dead post. But oh, it's YOU with the chip on the shoulder, not me, no sir" "Oh, I want to join a hard core raiding group as a dps mini but refuse to show that I can actually match the dps of the hunters in the group, so instead I'll accuse people of misogyny and nationalism, even though said group contains women and Americans." "Oh, everyone is just so mean to me everywhere I go and none of it is at all my fault! I'm obviously totally completely innocent and in no way behave poorly to other people!" 

Normally I'm not this blatantly straight forward with people, but you behave like a troll and a drama queen that doesn't seem to have a clue at the crap she stirs up in multiple groups, spanning multiple servers and on the official forums. Instead you blame everyone else, call others hypocrites, etc. It's just staggering really which is why I called you on your bullcrap. I've no chip on my shoulder, it wasn't me you behaved poorly too. I'd already forgotten about you long ago. And I shall do so now again as trolls aren't worth a second more of my time.

08cc8be0132f411c46a308931558be2bcbc0dc50

• Upvote 2

From what I have read in this forum there are more people holding a grudge because Turbine had so much potentinal, and yet fucked it all away just to make an extra buck or two under the dictatorship of WB.

Have we all forgotten the worst and most heinous thing that Turbine did?  How about when they changed their billing software and it kept charging credit cards or debit cards until the account balance was 0...not to mention the over draft fees due to the account being totally wiped out, did Turbine pay back their customers and their over draft fees for that?  And people still defend this company to no end.

Oh yea and if you mentioned anything about this snafu on the forums, instant perma ban hammer your ass courtesy of satans lil bitch SAPO!!!

Unfucking believeable!!!!