LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Anglion

GSF

SO...anyone tried it yesterday?

I did about 16 games (maybe up to 20).

Was flying only in a strike fighter so cannot comment much on other ships and their experience.

Deffinitely this type of PvP is a refreshment for me. It's just something differnt.

I'm slowly getting hold of this (done alot of reading about it before so starting was not that difficult).

In general i'm happy with this addition as it finally gives us space combat against other players.

For alot of people it will take alot of time to get a hold of it. So many people were self distructing yesterday that i started laughing at some point :)

Basic strike fighter is ok but it seemed to me like this type of ship was in minority yesterday (mostly scouts or gunships). I wasted some requsition on upgrading some skills for basic strike fighter but am getting the upgraded one today and will focus on mastering this one.

Anyway, any thoughts?

For me, considering the fact that it is a free addition i am very happy with it for now.

I haven't been able to as I'm Preferred Status!

I'm currently aiming to get all my chars their starships, so I can focus on other stuff.

At the moment, I'm trying to get enough creds on my main to get the legacy rank1 speeder piloting and ranking up my Synthweaving.

i have been messing with it and like you it is a nice change of pace.

surprisingly i have fewer lag issues playing GSF then when on planet in a toon.

so far only have 2 beef with it -

is not multi-monitor friendly in that whenever the  in-game cursor gets near left edge on primary monitor the game loses focus and windows cursor appears on secondary monitor.

the other is not sure how i feel about being able to buy 'mastered' ships from the cartel market....seems too close to a p2win kinda thing.

It's okay. Not my cup of tea, but I can understand why some are going to get really into it. It's very arcadey and twitchy, and some of the dogfights get properly intense. They are fun, just not my kind of fun.

It's still arena-based PVP, and I don't PVP so it's of limited interest to me. Doubly so as its completely devoid of story, and that's the main reason I play SWTOR. I can only hope that they have devised this as a means to buy them some time and keep the players busy while they work on the next lot of story content. I'm hoping a third faction is next on their agenda, although I realise that's most likely a pipe dream on my part. :)

Oh, and people hating on this are, as ever, gonad-brained imbeciles of the highest order. There was someone slagging it off on the official forums because when in space battles he decelerated when he took his finger off the throttle. He was actually criticising a Star Wars game because it "didn't get the physics right."

Of course it doesn't get the physics right. It's Star Wars. Perhaps I missed a meeting, but I'm not aware that anyone considers it a paragon of hard sci-fi.

not sure how i feel about being able to buy 'mastered' ships from the cartel market....seems too close to a p2win kinda thing.

BW was deliberating on this in one of their articles on GSF. In their eyes they did what it takes to not make it look like P2W but...second day of play and it is crystal clear to me that ships bought with CC are superior to the normal ships.

In a thread where people discuss records, most of them were done in CC ships.

Regarding the lag, people report that there are big problems with FPS in the new Makeb arena but i have not played any WZ's since GSF launch. Now weekend comes so Monday would be the earliest when i will try some other things...

Plus i resubbed to EVE, proper space game :)

When will i have time for all of this :(