LOTROCommunity

Unofficial player satisfaction survey

Fredelas

Something I found interesting was this one; How long do you play "Lord of the Rings online"? Half of the people who voted have been playing for more than five years. I think that says a lot about how Turbine should stop ignoring their long time players, because they are clearly a very big part of the player base.

The Player Council has so far received a very meh response, with only 32% who think it should be carried on next year. And as for PvMP, well that is actually worse than I was expecting. 

That was the first time i think I've enjoyed doing a survey of any kind and it was a particularly therapeutic exercise.

Was also nice to see the majority of results mirrored my own feelings.

If Turbine were interested in player opinion they'd be doing one of those every 6 months, but they don't so they haven't.

That was the first time i think I've enjoyed doing a survey of any kind and it was a particularly therapeutic exercise.

Was also nice to see the majority of results mirrored my own feelings.

If Turbine were interested in player opinion they'd be doing one of those every 6 months, but they don't so they haven't.

The only player opinion they care about is "What players are willing to spend money on in the LOTRO Store".

The written comments at the end were very interesting for me to read.  I copied them over to another Google Doc and spaced them out to be easier to read if anyone's interested: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IkbJWFWdLbAUq7M7Nt3Z25Qd_AGcjrcSQucO8ovGxvU/edit?usp=sharing

I may or may not update.  These are the comments up through around 11AM Eastern Time today.

ETA: I have updated again at 2:15PM Eastern time with the newest comments at the top.

ETA: Updated at 4:15PM Eastern time with newest comments at the top.  This will probably be the last time I update since new comments pop up randomly within the results text.  I have to fish for them individually, lol.  

Edited by Frieja

Apparently the turbine defending isn't left to the o Boards.   The Skirm satisfaction is a bit high.

The Lotro Elite come out in droves to defend their game.  I wonder how many times they were attempting to vote?  I'm sure ODP has a few CPU's kicking around the house from his programming days.

First of all - it is interesting thing to read ! - result of this pool I mean.

That being said...

Apparently the turbine defending isn't left to the o Boards.   The Skirm satisfaction is a bit high.

The Lotro Elite come out in droves to defend their game.  I wonder how many times they were attempting to vote?  I'm sure ODP has a few CPU's kicking around the house from his programming days.

I don't know.  I think many people actually like them.  Similarly I read this pool results and I see that people who used this pool - grade things diffrently then I do - on quite several occasions.  Both in rating things and in expressing how certain things are important to them.

PS. Since I don't play - I did not vote myself. 

Sap's stance on polls is exactly the same as it was the last time it was brought up. They don't mean anything because polls are only answered by people who know about them and they can be biased, ie. 'We only have to listen when we think it matters, which will be never.' They won't listen to this so it's futile to bother with. About the only thing it may be is an exercise in self placation.

Took it though, not sure why. Had some trouble answering a few questions, like the Player Council one. Dissatisfied because they don't appear to do anything useful, or Satisfied because they are performing their meat shield status. At least now I can see why housing updates never see the light of day, due to the large amount clamoring for raids/instances. I've wanted better housing since launch. Hard to see why raiders don't want somewhere to display all their shit. (That question should have allowed more options, because I'm sure all people had more than one on the desire list.)

I was amused by this quote:

There's 2 player council members in my kin. One of them logs on once a month and talks to nobody, the other one is extremely opinionated and anyone who does not agree with his opinion is ignored.

Kate Paiz and Rick Heaton are in your kinship? _O- 

Turbine's dysfunctionality makes itself evident in almost every aspect of the game. The Player Council is no exception.

• Upvote 1

I wish in the section about the expansions that it asked if you purchased the expansion with real money (i.e. either through the Turbine store with a credit card, or in the LOTRO store with Turbine Points that were purchased - not accumulated).

I felt uncomfortable saying I had purchased Helm's Deep.  I would never have spent real money on it.  But I did get it with my free, accumulated TP.

There's 2 player council members in my kin. One of them logs on once a month and talks to nobody, the other one is extremely opinionated and anyone who does not agree with his opinion is ignored.

Turbine's dysfunctionality makes itself evident in almost every aspect of the game. The Player Council is no exception.

The "must be an active player" requirement doesn't apply once one is accepted, I take it? :P

Nice of this person to created a survey. Since s/he is a player council member, which server is s/he on? I tried to look it up, but could not find the page where all the player council names/servers were listed. 

I took the survey and am wondering if Sap has enough access to the survey to ban folks who really give them negative feedback. Wouldn't put it past him.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally found the original post by the survey creator. S/he lists her servers at the bottom of the post. 

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?535789-*inofficial*-query-about-quot-Lord-of-the-Rings-Online-quot

Sap's stance on polls is exactly the same as it was the last time it was brought up. They don't mean anything because polls are only answered by people who know about them and they can be biased, ie. 'We only have to listen when we think it matters, which will be never.' They won't listen to this so it's futile to bother with. About the only thing it may be is an exercise in self placation.

Took it though, not sure why. Had some trouble answering a few questions, like the Player Council one. Dissatisfied because they don't appear to do anything useful, or Satisfied because they are performing their meat shield status. At least now I can see why housing updates never see the light of day, due to the large amount clamoring for raids/instances. I've wanted better housing since launch. Hard to see why raiders don't want somewhere to display all their shit. (That question should have allowed more options, because I'm sure all people had more than one on the desire list.)

I think your last parenthetical addresses the concern you profess just before it.  With only one choice available, people have to decide.  It doesn't mean that housing is unimportant to a lot of folks, just that it's not the most important thing for most.

I'm a housing decoration fanatic - or was, when I was playing - and a progression raider.  In my raiding kinship, almost every single housing decoration was owned by one of the officers, who was even more of a freak for housing decorations than I was.  He left the kinship a few months back, and our kinhouse is empty as a result.

Obviously this is just anecdotal evidence, but I have to imagine that he and I aren't the only two raiders who are also housing decoration carebears. :)

Many of our core raiders bid high DKP for housing items. The first time the item dropped it always went in the kinhouse, but after that it was open for bid. It wasn't uncommon for a particularly rare housing item to go for as much or more than the rarest piece of equipment went for on any given run.

As for Sap giving bans relating to this survey, I'd say that's a stretch. Especially since I can't see them affording to turn off any more players now that the HD verdict is basically in and even Kate Paiz seems to be in conciliatory mode. Honestly, if they are in as much hurt as I think they are, I'd expect a either a sea change in Sap's attitude or the appointment of a new CM in the not-too-distant future.

The "must be an active player" requirement doesn't apply once one is accepted, I take it? :P

I think they're talking about the PC members in my kinship.  Mine is the only one I know of to have two Council members in the same kinship.  Anyway, the "less active" player, I've never met.  I've been in my kin for almost 3 years.  Never met her.

As for Sap giving bans relating to this survey, I'd say that's a stretch. Especially since I can't see them affording to turn off any more players now that the HD verdict is basically in and even Kate Paiz seems to be in conciliatory mode. Honestly, if they are in as much hurt as I think they are, I'd expect a either a sea change in Sap's attitude or the appointment of a new CM in the not-too-distant future.

I'd love Sapience to lose his CM gig and someone respectful getting the job, but I won't hold my breath.

I think they're talking about the PC members in my kinship.  Mine is the only one I know of to have two Council members in the same kinship.  Anyway, the "less active" player, I've never met.  I've been in my kin for almost 3 years.  Never met her.

To be fair, the anti-social, "I wish you'd all go away and make this a single player game", I only log in one hour per month faction needs representation, too. ;)

(On a side note, doesn't the Lonely Mountain Band have 3+ PC members?)

I think they're talking about the PC members in my kinship. Mine is the only one I know of to have two Council members in the same kinship. Anyway, the "less active" player, I've never met. I've been in my kin for almost 3 years. Never met her.

I never found the other council member overly opinionated, and is/was always receptive of others' ideas so don't think it's who you think freija :D I actually think the other multiple PC members in one kinship isn't on BW ;)

Edit - I believe Thunder may be spot on with his guess there...