LOTROCommunity

It will never be on sale for the next year I think. Might be worth waiting to buy though.

It is still an awesome game. I love how easy it is to pick up and play. Very fun - crafting and reward for game time and learning to play well. You don't need to ever fight and can still have a blast sneaking around and raiding other people's forts.

Right now the alpha main branch is frozen - playable but no more updates. They have redone the whole game from point 1 and added many things.

Soon they will switch over to the new branch, and keep the old to play for fun. They are redoing everything - models, items, crafting system, adding biomes, water and swimming, etc. It will be pretty amazing. Right now the new land and biomes are coded in - you can try it but not play all features yet.

But I estimate it will be 3-4 months before the new branch has everything coded enough to play a good game. The final version will be incredible.

Want to see a very open game company? Read about their development.

http://playrust.com