LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
mtones

Too Short ? o.O

Ok so a recent interesting/weird experience.  I moved a few of may chars around to try out some new servers since so many here have mentioned being on Faeblight.

Now I have had a hobbit healer in lotro from day one of my playtime, so in Rift I decided to make a little girly dwarf as my Cleric.  She is cute as a button and I do not feel too bad about not seeing my teeny hobby girl... 

In any case, she has been leveling slowly and doing lots of instant adventures mostly, since I want to get a feel for running PuG-type situations before tackling PuG dungeons - still don't have a guild, hence the PuG references...  I figure IAs are good for faster leveling while still staying in heal spec since I have my mage for DPS fests to my heart's content since soloing in heal spec if I am not on my Chloro is waaay to slow if you ask me.

Sorry I am rambling... last five times I grouped on Faeblight I had someone say "you are too small to heal" o.O  I could not tell if it was meant as a joke or if this is some negative I need to be mindful of come dungeon time.  Is there a preference for elves or something? lol

I have a mage chloromaster who is also a dwarf but male, and I have never heard that comment when I play him. 

People also seem to take great delight in constantly standing on my head at the vault or trading post.  Today I got on my horse so as to not have my sight obliterated, and the stupid person who stood on me then turned me into a sheep and said I needed to get out of his way, eventhought I was already there when he came to the vault and "stood on me," lol

What's with the dwarf hate? :P

Odds are it was just a recurrence of the anti-Gnome sentiment from the old WoW days.Ignore them and move on.

Hehe. Thanks... I think I will... back to Laethys :P

Sorry I am rambling... last five times I grouped on Faeblight I had someone say "you are too small to heal" o.O I could not tell if it was meant as a joke or if this is some negative I need to be mindful of come dungeon time. Is there a preference for elves or something? lol

I have a mage chloromaster who is also a dwarf but male, and I have never heard that comment when I play him.

Faeblight being the American RP server... maybe they were trying to be cute and RP, though that's just plain weird. But realistically speaking, I think it's because most of the female toons out there are being played by males, and they're just commenting on a metagame personal preference for taller female toons to ogle. Heh.

I like the female dwarf design as well because it reminds me of hobbits, but I don't play mine because the run animation bugs me too much. :P

People also seem to take great delight in constantly standing on my head at the vault or trading post. Today I got on my horse so as to not have my sight obliterated, and the stupid person who stood on me then turned me into a sheep and said I needed to get out of his way, eventhought I was already there when he came to the vault and "stood on me," lol

What's with the dwarf hate? :P

There are just rude people. And, well, the Rift audience is more in-line with the WoW player base as opposed to LotRO, sadly. Fortunately you can just click off the polymorph effect, but I miss the WoW/LotRO concept of "indoors" where mounting is banned. Here's a reposted tip, highly recommended for these situations:

Under Key Bindings, there is the "Hide Other Players" UI toggle. Bind it to something so when a bunch of dumbasses pile on top of an NPC you're trying to click, you can make them all vanish. Also useful when you want to take a screenshot of scenery. :)

Faeblight being the American RP server... maybe they were trying to be cute and RP, though that's just plain weird. But realistically speaking, I think it's because most of the female toons out there are being played by males, and they're just commenting on a metagame personal preference for taller female toons to ogle. Heh.

I like the female dwarf design as well because it reminds me of hobbits, but I don't play mine because the run animation bugs me too much. :P

There are just rude people. And, well, the Rift audience is more in-line with the WoW player base as opposed to LotRO, sadly. Fortunately you can just click off the polymorph effect, but I miss the WoW/LotRO concept of "indoors" where mounting is banned. Here's a reposted tip, highly recommended for these situations:

Under Key Bindings, there is the "Hide Other Players" UI toggle. Bind it to something so when a bunch of dumbasses pile on top of an NPC you're trying to click, you can make them all vanish. Also useful when you want to take a screenshot of scenery. :)

Ty for the tip that should be fun. 

I guess I just haven't had any rude experiences in Rift until now so I got spoiled, hehe.  I have been there a few months, just on another server.  I have noticed the general level of people is huge compared to Laethys, though since I always have regional chats turned off I had no concept of the minds there... anyway its not that big a thing I was more curious than anything else.  Mostly I am on my main who is an Eth Mage; my little cleric is in my "alt batch" so I am not too worried.  Just wanted to be sure it wasn't some rule someplace I missed ;)

Maybe you are just simply too small to heal? There are some games where playing a smaller character is a benefit in PvP because it makes them harder to click on and then attack. Subsequently, this also makes healing them a pain in the arse because they're harder to click on in a messy fight.

I have no idea, I haven't played Rift.

That sounds like such a brilliant thing! icon_eek.gif Why don't all games have this??

Maybe you are just simply too small to heal? There are some games where playing a smaller character is a benefit in PvP because it makes them harder to click on and then attack. Subsequently, this also makes healing them a pain in the arse because they're harder to click on in a messy fight.

I have no idea, I haven't played Rift.

Rift is like your standard MMO, you can click on vitals in the party/group list in order to target someone.

Did it make you wish you were a little bit taller?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw

HAHA!! That's great! lol

But I do actually have a rabbit, hehe B)

bunny_zpsc76ea06f.jpg

And some other pets for "special occasions," lol...

owl2_zpsdff79cba.jpg

squirrel_zpse96ec9a7.jpg

Badger_zps42d99a77.jpg

owl_zps3b83cafc.jpg

Did it make you wish you were a little bit taller?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw

My childhood came flooding back.

That sounds like such a brilliant thing! icon_eek.gif Why don't all games have this??

Unfortunately it's not a toggle, you have to hold the button down to hide people, which makes it difficult to do while typing etc. But yes it is an awesome feature, mostly used at the AH or Banker to remove those idiots that insist on staying on their mounts and standing on top of NPC's.

Unfortunately it's not a toggle, you have to hold the button down to hide people, which makes it difficult to do while typing etc. But yes it is an awesome feature, mostly used at the AH or Banker to remove those idiots that insist on staying on their mounts and standing on top of NPC's.

or on top of my head, lol!

I did try this last night and I have to say it did make life a little easier for my little cleric ;)

Love your dimension pics, Mtones. And your char outfits are very nicely. What lvl is she?

Cute rabbit. :)

Thank you Tinker :)

The dimension shots there are from the first one I made.  My little cleric is one of my many alts, so she is still very low level at 28. I am planning to play her some more today so maybe 30ish by the time I log off? lol

I confess I moved on back to Laethys.  There just seem to be too many people of Faeblight and I continued to have strange things happen there, will all my chars.  I guess I just like a "lower impact crowd," hehe.  One of these days I will have to look for a guild, I guess, but since I am still just really learning things about the game and such a big noob there, I feel like I should wait till I know more about what I am doing, hehe.