LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Trilwych

Dimensions! (Player housing in Rift)

You're welcome, I tend to hoard things like that and then give it away in a clear out because I'm too lazy to auction them, it's also nice to make someone's day from time to time :)

OK, I've dumped a lot of plants and trees in the mail to you, I think there's even one of the cherry trees you want in there, i'll think of you next time I start building up an excess of dimension items and stick a few in the mail to you periodically. Enjoy.

Wow, so much stuff! :O Dat cherry tree! <3 Love the hedges and topiaries.. and zomg are those ember isle trees HUGE. :P

Thanks again so much. :) Lots of lovely stuff. :)

I'm so excited about the new PvP dimension items in this patch!

My very first dimension was a pirate arena, which I've since dismantled for parts. But I might build it again just for fun!

do9pio.jpg Wow, there's a ton of stuff in there...that I don't really understand since I don't PvP. :P (Like what are the invisible sphere/tile things for?) I have no comments about pricing, so I'm curious how they will be adjusted, as other dimension items did get a pass-through in a patch at some point. Not too much activity about it on the official Rift dimension forum at the moment, as I suppose people are still building. Feel free to share your PvP creations in the thread. ;) In other news, I see a new dimension add-on tool was introduced recently: http://riftdreamdimensions.com/?p=7386 ...lets you create WORDS out of BUILDING BLOCKS. Well, damn, if only this was out when I made my no smoking sign, haha.

CSTM reported yesterday on a Tower of Orthanc dimension made by Galuhad on Faeblight. This is absolutely amazing. Another one to check out when I log in again.

http://cstm.mymiddleearth.com/2014/03/rift-the-flooding-of-isengard/

I'll have to check this out too. Wonder if it's Galuhad from LotRO...I vaguely remember reading one of this guides before. :P

Wow, so much stuff! :O Dat cherry tree! <3 Love the hedges and topiaries.. and zomg are those ember isle trees HUGE. :P

Thanks again so much. :) Lots of lovely stuff. :)

You'll probably find a lot more in your mail in a few days time, although I absolutely love rift I've simply gotten bored of the raid grind and had to stop playing for sanities sake. Currently on star trek online at the moment. I'll pop on over the next few days, clear my dims and mail it all over to you.

Recently I visited the dimension: Floods of Isengard on the Faeblight server. If you haven't seen it yet, you might want to take a look. I was impressed when I first materialize at the top of Orthanc. Then I jumped off and looked around. Love that they made the inside of the structure as well. Afraid my small photo isn't going to do it justice:

10579914.jpg

You can see more images on The Dimension Gallery here

Oooooh, crap, gotta see this. :D (I'm also happy that Trion made it so easy to simply switch shards via portrait without having to ask for an "anchor" from a party member.)

Casual Strolling Through MMOs also have a few pics to look at, including some from inside

http://cstm.mymiddleearth.com/2014/03/rift-the-flooding-of-isengard/

Oh, thanks for the link Cossieuk. Leave it to cstm to find everything before I do. ;)

Yes, Tril, I love being able to shard-jump. I used it recently during the festival. Too many people were grabbing a npc (deer) that was on cd, so I jumped to another shard and finished the quest with no problems. 

OK, now that minions are flooding the market with more dimension items (both a good and bad thing), I haven't bothered trying to sell the higher-end stuff I have.

In any case, it turns out there should be a "Take A Penny Leave A Penny" dimension on every shard, where you can leave and take any decoration for your own use! Saw a comment about it on the forums but haven't gone to see myself just yet.

OK, now that minions are flooding the market with more dimension items (both a good and bad thing), I haven't bothered trying to sell the higher-end stuff I have.

In any case, it turns out there should be a "Take A Penny Leave A Penny" dimension on every shard, where you can leave and take any decoration for your own use! Saw a comment about it on the forums but haven't gone to see myself just yet.

I've never seen one either, but there are probably more than one per shard now that there are so many dimension items from minions. I made my dimension free for all, everyone can take, put or move items. I don't actually play dimensions, I still have only the starter one where I put all dimension items i get.

If I'm not mistaken, I named it Temple of Free For All on Greybriar server, if you want free dimension things you are welcome to visit and take anything you want. Although I'm not sure how moving stuff between servers works. I don't think mail works, so one would probably need to transfer a character.

So you guys like Rift, eh?

....Er.... Nooooo, not at all. Shoo! /shoo

I've never seen one either, but there are probably more than one per shard now that there are so many dimension items from minions. I made my dimension free for all, everyone can take, put or move items. I don't actually play dimensions, I still have only the starter one where I put all dimension items i get.

If I'm not mistaken, I named it Temple of Free For All on Greybriar server, if you want free dimension things you are welcome to visit and take anything you want. Although I'm not sure how moving stuff between servers works. I don't think mail works, so one would probably need to transfer a character.

Thanks! I'll check it out at some point. It never occurred to me that people would even start something like that, sheesh, but you're right that there are probably several such sharing dimensions on every shard. Yes, mail doesn't work between shards, but at least transferring characters is free.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/dimensions/454137-post-3-0-current-state-dimensions-12.html#post5023149

So Gingers thought it would be cool to have the Revelation Imp from Nightmare Tide exist as a Dimension item so I created it.

Why stop there? Here's a list of new talking Dimension items coming with 3.2:

Abandoned Cultists

Aegmir's Skull

Architect

Arethea

Artifex Zaviel

Awakened Akvan Totem

Bufo the Altered

Cosmologist Mann's Journal

Finric Rhen

Ghar Network

Kondraum's Liver

Kubara Sakti

Lord Arak Radio

Mistress Inyra

Sleeping Draumheim Resident

Some of these are stationary NPCs and some of them are objects that talk.

How they will be distributed is still TBD.

More than likely they will be spread across all of the Rift activities. The good news (for those that can't get some of them that way) is that they are not soul bound, so you can trade them.

As far as the audio stuff goes, we might be able to build new sound objects that use 3D positional sounds so you can place them where you like to create your desired ambience, etc.

Expect more on this soon.

So! Looks like we'll be getting NPCs and critters (I think) for potential dim decorations. Not soul bound, which is great. Players have been asking for more "interactive" and "living" dim stuff, and it looks like Trion intends to deliver