LOTROCommunity
Bado

I've changed my mind...

...perhaps this is the best option.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?392594-Petition-Remove-the-Orc-Rude-Emote

Having read a few of the replies in this post I am glad we have an alternative.

Edit. Removed words from post as I did not ask permission to quote said post.

originally posted by . on the TWA forum.

Heh, when I'm on my Creeps, I always perform rude emotes at dead Freeps. It's just a bit of fun and not to be taken seriously!!

Well, I read a fair chunk of the thread... not sure whether to laugh or cry TBH.

perhaps we can have a forum called forum watch or something similar could well be fun. I would like to nominate this thread from the UK forum entitled inn of the foresaken.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/lord-rings-online-general-discussion-424/463229-inn-foresaken-8.html#post7047735

Boosie post was just comedy gold..

I know sat was following guidelines and pretty sure he could see both sides but offical line must be towed on official forums. . Not sure how that would fit in here tbh if someone took umbridge like that.. Maybe have it in the rules ffs be thickskinned and cut a bit of slack.. this is the interwebz.

I know sat was following guidelines and pretty sure he could see both sides

Satine is a "she" by the way ;)

Not to be mistaken for Sapience who is a he :P

As is Legolas... if anybody was a bit uncertain :*)

As is Legolas... if anybody was a bit uncertain :*)

No, surely not!

perhaps we can have a forum called forum watch or something similar could well be fun. I would like to nominate this thread from the UK forum entitled inn of the foresaken.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/lord-rings-online-general-discussion-424/463229-inn-foresaken-8.html#post7047735

Boosie post was just comedy gold..

I know sat was following guidelines and pretty sure he could see both sides but offical line must be towed on official forums. . Not sure how that would fit in here tbh if someone took umbridge like that.. Maybe have it in the rules ffs be thickskinned and cut a bit of slack.. this is the interwebz.

The thing is, it would've been funnier if he'd left the nationality out of it.

Also, to Lionl, who's mexican, it was offensive. It's his right to decide what offends him and what doesn't, and it really really annoys me when people tell other people to be more thickskinned, like they've not got a right to feel offended or something along those lines.

Boosie, rightly, was given a warning, and took steps to rectify the situation by removing the offending part of the post.

• Upvote 1

No, surely not!

The thing is, it would've been funnier if he'd left the nationality out of it.

Also, to Lionl, who's mexican, it was offensive. It's his right to decide what offends him and what doesn't, and it really really annoys me when people tell other people to be more thickskinned, like they've not got a right to feel offended or something along those lines.

Boosie, rightly, was given a warning, and took steps to rectify the situation by removing the offending part of the post.

Yeah, because I realised that even mentioning a nationality is both racist and offensive. }:|

Yeah, because I realised that even mentioning a nationality is both racist and offensive. }:|

In the context it was mentioned in, that's how it could be perceived, yes.

Lionl obviously found it offensive and reported it(I think), and Satine found that it warranted giving you a warning about it and giving you a choice of removing it or be permabanned. On Turbine's forums, you wouldn't have been given the choice.

You could've just as easily left any nationality out of it and just said "janitor" and it would've still been found amusing.

In the context it was mentioned in, that's how it could be perceived, yes.

Lionl obviously found it offensive and reported it(I think), and Satine found that it warranted giving you a warning about it and giving you a choice of removing it or be permabanned. On Turbine's forums, you wouldn't have been given the choice.

You could've just as easily left any nationality out of it and just said "janitor" and it would've still been found amusing.

I don't think boose intention was to be racist. He conjured up an image. As Boose says attaching any nationality to the word janitor could be construed as racist.. Which means the problem is how we perceive Janitors and the status we give them and by association anything connected with them.

Some nationality programmer... some nationality janitor...

it is the attachment and how we think of people who are janitors that is our problem IMO. This is probably just something that is wrong and will always be wrong with the human race the need to feel superiority over something to justify ones own existence.

Just chatting... not flaming or arguing or saying who is wrong or right or anything....

originally posted by . on the TWA forum.

Lol some people are just in this world to be offended by anything that moves...

I don't think boose intention was to be racist. He conjured up an image. As Boose says attaching any nationality to the word janitor could be construed as racist.. Which means the problem is how we perceive Janitors and the status we give them and by association anything connected with them.

Some nationality programmer... some nationality janitor...

it is the attachment and how we think of people who are janitors that is our problem IMO. This is probably just something that is wrong and will always be wrong with the human race the need to feel superiority over something to justify ones own existence.

Just chatting... not flaming or arguing or saying who is wrong or right or anything....

I don't think it was either, just explaining why it could be seen as such. I also don't believe that Boosie is a racist just because of one comment that wasn't meant to be taken as his opinion, but unfortunately, it did offend someone.

As for janitors, yeah, I agree it's a problem most of us have. It's likely one of those things that will never disappear.

A bit off topic, when I click the Turbine and Codemasters links posted in this thread in IE9 it opens the link in a new tab but it also opens it in the current tab as well.

A bit off topic, when I click the Turbine and Codemasters links posted in this thread in IE9 it opens the link in a new tab but it also opens it in the current tab as well.

Hmm, I'll have to see what's causing that.

I can't actually bring myself to read through any more than the first 3 pages of that american thread. Good god, they're a bunch of lily-livered whingebags. Don't want a Creep making gestures after you've been incapacitated. Simples, don't go in the 'Moors.

omg, that topic got 15 pages of replies? 7(8)7

I sometimes go into the moors, but I'm not good at PVP and got killed often. lol.. so what. The creeps had their fun with me >:)

page 15 is an interesting read tho

Wasn't Hong Kong Phooey aka Penry, a mild mannered janitor?

Hell yeah he was. But don't mention what nationality he is or people from that nationality will get offended that you even dared to mention their nationality for a fictional character ;)