LOTROCommunity

Naked Dwarves? Hobbit Extended Scenes...

Tinker

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere. I finally saw some of the extended Hobbit scenes today. Had hoped they'd make the film a bit more cohesive for me. Perhaps I just need to see them all together in the movie instead of on their own. Of course, then I'd be required to actually watch the film again. I'm sure my son will want the extended version, so I am doomed. ;)

And now for your viewing pleasure. An extended scene from The Hobbit. Those with delicate sensibilities should avert their eyes during the bathing sequence. icon_redface.gif

(Edit: I found it in HD...woohoo!) ;)

So, what do you think of these added scenes? 

Love your meme, Belechannas. :)

I must admit that I enjoy the added scene in Hobbiton (below). I'd felt a bit short-changed during the movie when we barely saw any of the Shire; aside from that bit with Ian Holm's creepy overly-CGI'd face. Eeep!

He just made a massive gay joke out of the Dwarves with that one.

I mean, naked dwarves bathing in a fountain is bad enough without them being on eachother's shoulders.

That does it, I'm not watching this extended edition.

That does it, I'm not watching this extended edition.

I still haven't watched the movie and after seeing that...have no intention of doing so.

PJ lost me when he found it necessary to bloat the thing into three films.

Can't say I liked any of the added scenes to Rivendell. I feel it's PJ indulging in his crass side. :/

'Indulgence' is a very accurate word in this case. The films seem more like fan fiction than based on the actual books. Not sure PJ can redeem himself with the 3rd film at this point. Ah well.