LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Trilwych

Reminiscing: Screenshots

I always enjoy seeing the screenshots other people have chosen to capture. That one at Elrond's council is marvellous! I've previously made some selections of old screenshots, with some commentary and a bit of RP, starting here: http://www.brokk.me.uk/LOTRO/lotro.htm

I don't actually recall that scene with Elrond and Gandalf, but it's been, um, five years since I had an SoA-level toon and plenty of brain cells have perished in the interim. I don't remember the actual Council of Elrond being in the game (but I could be wrong). What is it from?

Bump. These should be part of the other thread too, but rather than repost... :P

Oh what LOTROer can resist a screenie thread...

The Old Guard of Creepside on BW, Book 13 SoA

521478_102418796565738_940575149_n_zpssm

Riddermark, Nov or Dec '10

458054_102419909898960_194087958_o_zpsl7

From the War leader event organized by Evilspinnre of BW

470199_103359146471703_1294274991_o_zpse

My vanity plates, SoM

5starz_zpszorynzq7.jpg

• Upvote 2

Outside the old Bree crafting hall, May 07

536607_102024336605184_19035185_n_zpsz4j

Book 12, screen clutter at maximum

481043_102025323271752_824891857_n_zpsmx

GV hobbit stealth

10547399_420162788124669_290062998761339

Turtle mayhem in the Bree auction house, last summer (my hot keys appear to have blown up as well)

10582923_414521722022109_858240768480380

Here's some old-timey Creep shots I still have,

Old-old Elf Camp

458814_102456389895312_714183731_o_zpsln

When Marshal An was a certified badass

380222_102418963232388_1702127542_n_zps1

Flaca of BW hitting the lofty rank 9 mark

576318_102419453232339_1701781486_n_zpst

All-howler raids night on BW, circa MoM

295017_102418769899074_1747113677_n_zpsc

That one time when the long burrow induction finishes right as a fellowship rides up with 2 rangers in tow:

ScreenShot00003.jpg

ScreenShot00002.jpg

They waited 8 minutes before giving up, a personal long burrow record that held until very late 2014.

• Upvote 1

That one time when the long burrow induction finishes right as a fellowship rides up with 2 rangers in tow:

ScreenShot00003.jpg

ScreenShot00002.jpg

They waited 8 minutes before giving up, a personal long burrow record that held until very late 2014.

Nice-were those from E?

ScreenShot00024_zpsoqibeic4.jpg

Hitting rank 11, July 2011, back when ranks still meant something.

ScreenShot00299.jpg

Being killed by War Tyrant Akuluhn in Grams, stupid Cappy bug.

ScreenShot00206.jpg

First Slayer of Light on the server, Graf on his Reaver, great kinleader and raid leader!

ScreenShot00188.jpg

Occupy Elf Camp!

ScreenShot00034_zps999bed9d.jpg

Enough to make a Hobbit cry.

ScreenShot00284.jpg

Our first Trees hard mode clear.

NewRaid.jpg

First look at BG in SoM beta (on a buddies acct. that got the beta invite).

watcherdead3.jpg

First Watcher kill.

Tribe video

Still the fastest turtle kill to date, 12 Burgs, no waiting, I was thrilled to be invited.

• Upvote 1

5starz_zpszorynzq7.jpg

Ah, I see you were in Organization of Freep Spies! A bunch of us Creeps from Nim rolled toons over there after one of our infamous Freep raidleaders was run out on a rail.......errrr........transferred to BW. We called him Grima, you would have known him as Voa if you were still playing then. Prancey and, I think the name was Maergoth?, tribeleader of OFS, were very welcoming to us as we filled them in on the idiosyncrasies of said Freep RL. I hear that eventually a bunch of vet Freeps went Creep just to kill the asshat.

Ah, I see you were in Organization of Freep Spies! A bunch of us Creeps from Nim rolled toons over there after one of our infamous Freep raidleaders was run out on a rail.......errrr........transferred to BW. We called him Grima, you would have known him as Voa if you were still playing then. Prancey and, I think the name was Maergoth?, tribeleader of OFS, were very welcoming to us as we filled them in on the idiosyncrasies of said Freep RL. I hear that eventually a bunch of vet Freeps went Creep just to kill the asshat.

Yeah was in OFS from Moria until RoR, returning to it as I was leaving the game (kind of like a player retiring his jersey with his old team). Meregash was the tribe leader for most of that time, he gradually drifted out of the gsme. Prance still plays last I heard. And Voa haha. He certainly made a name for himself! I actually joined a few raids of his on my RK for the hell of it; he was an unusual guy. Whatever else may be said of him (and much could be and was heh) he did know freep classes very well.

Nice screenies by the way. They and the tribe video got me missing those Creep days.

Edit: I do remember the Nim creeps coming over and running in some of our raids and referring to Voa as Grima.

Occasionally threads like this make me think about logging in again, or maybe just levelling a new toon to enjoy SoA/Moria and avoid all the epic failure that followed.

But then I remember that they fucked up all the classes in HD, so the game I remember and used to love is truly gone forever.

>:(

• Upvote 1

Yeah. Last few days I do get strong urge to get back, but then I do remember me trying to come back to Lotro in 2012 and it was a horrible experience. So much things have changed in Lotro in so very bad ways.

@Spidey  Turtle video

Fun stuff.   I had this idea of making Warden-only runs of various dungeons during my last months/weeks in Lotro, but I did quit before I've put my plans in motion.

Bel and drul, I would go for it, but play a class you've never played before, like the Beornling, then the class revamp doesn't hurt as much. The only existing Freep class that I still play is my Burg. IMO it's the only class that benefited in the slightest with the revamp, but I would still prefer the old build.

As for the all Burg Turtle run. To me it showcased what a powerful class the Burglar is. I hated being an after thought in the eyes of the unknowing, Burgs are support, not DPS, to which I say bullshit. I know of an all LM Turtle raid that failed and an all Hunter raid that I was apart of, we failed miserably. The stacking Expose Weaknesses, half the raid applying Counter Defense and the other half Disable, the Turtle switching agro and all those without agro maintaining position, Turtle didn't have a chance!

@Aylwen Yeah, Grima knew his classes, he had all of them at cap through at least 2 xpacs. and I thought I had no life! ;)

Soloing Bogbereth, in what was to become a sort of Warden rite of passage. I wasn't the first, but I was probably one of the first few (at least judging by the forum thread that inspired everyone to try it). When I announced the feat in my friends' private chat channel, nobody believed me...

ScreenShot00149_zps48dd5575.jpg

Hah, I remember Bogbereth. That was actually fun and intense. While she wasn't difficult, you couldn't really let your concentration lapse or you would be spider snack.

Ooh, stalker raids. Those were fun too. Did a hunter-only raid too at some point (ok, two minnies for revives). Whatever got tagged, died. Twenty simultaneous heartseekers..

That is a gorgeous screenshot!

Thanks :). We had some great personalities in those days, that was a fun night.

Ooh, stalker raids. Those were fun too. Did a hunter-only raid too at some point (ok, two minnies for revives). Whatever got tagged, died. Twenty simultaneous heartseekers..

For some reason all-hunter raids almost never happened on BW-thankfully for ceepside, even a 6-man hunter group was pretty brutal!

Nice-were those from E?

Yes.  They were only spared from my hard drive crash because i had uploaded them to a hosting service to put them on the forums.  I lost a lot of great shots of old E.  Aussie Friday Primetime from back when it was something worth setting a 5am alarm for, with random silly raids and intense small to mid group sized fights sprinkled in when ANV came to play.

I made it into that long burrow right as the group rode up, but didn't screenshot till I saw both rangers had joined the sit in.

To this day, no one has ever waited out my entire long burrow, but Bozak (a minstrel on BW) got within 2 minutes with a warden he was Duoing with.  Having a 2 second induction on burrow is too short, IMO.  I think the 10 second induction balanced how powerful a tool it was, and the times you got away with using it with enemies close by were truly memerable.

Too easy to replicate nowadays.

For some reason all-hunter raids almost never happened on BW-thankfully for ceepside, even a 6-man hunter group was pretty brutal!

We had another infamous Freep RL that use to do all huntard raids, he actually demanded that they all target through him. Shit died fast, that's for sure, but 1 all Warg raid pretty much put an end to that, it seems no one bothered to trait for tracking stealthed mobs. ^_^

All Weaver raids were nice, it would make your skin crawl seeing that many spiders at once, and woe to the raid that ran over 24 burrowed spiders!

But the most fun was all Hobbit raids in the moors, always flipped Freep for those!

Yes.  They were only spared from my hard drive crash because i had uploaded them to a hosting service to put them on the forums.  I lost a lot of great shots of old E.  Aussie Friday Primetime from back when it was something worth setting a 5am alarm for, with random silly raids and intense small to mid group sized fights sprinkled in when ANV came to play.

I made it into that long burrow right as the group rode up, but didn't screenshot till I saw both rangers had joined the sit in.

To this day, no one has ever waited out my entire long burrow, but Bozak (a minstrel on BW) got within 2 minutes with a warden he was Duoing with.  Having a 2 second induction on burrow is too short, IMO.  I think the 10 second induction balanced how powerful a tool it was, and the times you got away with using it with enemies close by were truly memerable.

Too easy to replicate nowadays.

Some of my favorite memories of BW in SoA were the early morning Aussie groups. On BW it was primarily the Australian Gods of War. They'd shuffle a bunch around STAB and then wrap up with a sweep of the map. At that point a friend and I would often peel off to mine like crazy in Isen-there would usually be an hour or so lull before the early morning American creeps would begin logging on in force.

In the same vein as the old school burrow, I remember star-hugging on my warg, hips and sprint down, tracked, frantically watching the induction on my map slowly progress as a fraid would come bearing down. I absolutely would love to go back to lvl 50 PvMP.

Could be fun to see an all warden raid, they would be hard to stop. They would also be noise as hell

Sheesh...during some updates, one warden was practically a raid ><

Still the fastest turtle kill to date, 12 Burgs, no waiting, I was thrilled to be invited.

Nah.  10 levels above yours and a very scrape the bottom of the barrel PUG did this one night because we were bored:

Crap.  Watching this video again made me all nostalgic for the RoI days.  Sooo much fun raiding.

Whenever I think of the Turtle I remember when we learned players were tanking it with a LM or Cappie pet when it first came out. That was one of those more amusing exploit bugs. We thought it was kind of a silly instance to begin with. My team lead said to me, 'Our new instance is a turtle in a sewer. But it's a big turtle. Very scary!'