LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Palpatine

Winter is Coming (back)!

This season has gone off the deep end. It's so obvious that Martin has no idea where this is all going.

12 minutes ago, Doro said:

This season has gone off the deep end. It's so obvious that Martin has no idea where this is all going.

171447-Jorah-are-you-not-entertained-otp

I love this season so far.

I am also enjoying this season.

I cant wait for Ramsey to get what is coming to him.  Either being flayed alive or giving his love of using dogs to kill, for Ghost to get him.

I'll give my reasons in spoilers (and by fuck does it contain spoilers):

Spoiler

- Kin-slaying is a complete non-issue now, even when dealing with people like the Karstarks, who hate the kin-slaying of their lord by Robb. Even Euron (a man obsessed with penises, apparently) was totally open about murdering his own family and fuck all was done about it. And talking of Euron: hurr durr, let's make 1,000 boats! On an island where they have no trees. Why exactly did Theon and Yara need to run away when he had at most 20 guys backing him, and they had so many people they could steal dozens of ships?

- Kings are dying left, right and centre, but for no reason at all. There used to be shock in GoT deaths, but you expect it now and it's not interesting. Completely over-turned the theory that Roose is actually a half-White Walker that has male descendants just to possess them (by wearing their flayed skin) and keep on living. But at least he was so easy to get to and nobody loyal to him was around. Lucky for Ramsay!

- Sand Snakes, with their poor combat, their whole plot was to avenge house Martell... by killing house Martell. A badass like Areo Hotah gets killed like a bitch, instead of doing what he'd clearly be doing: keeping an eye on the dangers. Oh yeah, and they teleported onto the prince's ship.

- Dothraki are getting worse and worse. They're now even worse than frat boys, with stupid jokes and rules. Then they completely disregard the whole 'no banging a bro's widow' rule and want to rape Dany again. Even worse, Dany somehow manages to get the support of all the Dothraki, by killing their leaders in a cheap, underhanded way, even though they hate 'witches' and magic.

- Arya has spent the fucking decade not being a damn assassin and just getting the shit kicked out of her by that other random girl. Then she gets some stupid question asked and suddenly she has to restart it all. "What colour does a girl pick?" "Blue" "Trick question, the many-faced god would pick the secret mirror option. More getting hit with sticks for you!"

- Jon Snow's come back and, well, he's done fuck all since he's been back. Sitting around for the last few episodes being mopey.

- Random penis scene. For no reason. Not even a build up to it, just a straight cut to a close-up of some cock and balls. Blatant attempt to shock is blatant, cheap, and tacky. I'm actually sick of unnecessary nudity in this shit. At least we had a plot to excuse it before.

- Jorah the Explorer gets put back into the friendzone, after just trying to escape the friendzone. Now he must stop himself from becoming the Thing and joining the Fantastic 4.

- Not one episode passes without a eunuch joke. We get it, they have no dick. Talking of that, have we had a single episode this season where an awful, crass, tedious joke hasn't been made?

- More procrastinating about killing the High Sparrow. The king's just fucking about and not having him gutted in the streets, despite having A FUCKING ARMY. Cersei's just being sour-faced all the time, now. Give me zombie Mountain vs converted Hound already!

- The last episode has the worst shit. The elves can't throw their nades at the White Walkers. Summer gets killed pointlessly. Bran needs to run away now because he's being stalked by the Night's King... but let's go see this pointless memory first while you're in peril. Oh no, you need to possess Hodor, but he isn't really possessed because you're still in the past, oh shit you're mind-fucking past Hodor and making him retarded, because current Hodor has to hold a door! Oh yeah, and the elves made the White Walkers by putting some dragonglass in what appears to be the Night's King. And yet he existed well after all the White Walkers appeared first.

I'm just too weary of it all and probably expecting more from it than I should. This nose-dive in the story is just getting worse with each episode.

On 24 Mayıs 2016 Salı at 10:04 PM, Doro said:

I'll give my reasons in spoilers (and by fuck does it contain spoilers):

Hide contents

- The last episode has the worst shit. The elves can't throw their nades at the White Walkers. Summer gets killed pointlessly. Bran needs to run away now because he's being stalked by the Night's King... but let's go see this pointless memory first while you're in peril. Oh no, you need to possess Hodor, but he isn't really possessed because you're still in the past, oh shit you're mind-fucking past Hodor and making him retarded, because current Hodor has to hold a door! Oh yeah, and the elves made the White Walkers by putting some dragonglass in what appears to be the Night's King. And yet he existed well after all the White Walkers appeared first.

That whole thing was my oh-get-the-fuck-out moment. I have a hunch they're rushing to tie up the so many loose ends they created. And yeah, they fucked up the whole Dorne theatre awfully too.

Well... last episode... the Jon / Ramsey battle... sucked hairy baboon balls... disgusting... puke...

On the brighter side I was glad to see the Hound return the week before... "A man's got to have a code". :) 

That battle was insultingly stupid.

Cannot believe the show has degenerated to that level.

Reminded me of New Trek in its assumption that all viewers are naive and know nothing.

Ever since the Arya vs. the waif episode I'm really starting to lose my faith in that show. Wasn't the fact that no main character was safe the reason GoT became so successful? I'm not saying I was looking forward seeing Arya die, but she gets stabbed several times by a trained assassin, nearly drowns, runs through the city, kills the waif ... and survives all that? Come on, really?

Same thing happend at the second battle of winterfell: the cavalry comes out of nowhere to save the day. :N

Hope this season ends with a bang, otherwise I might not even bother watching season 7.

Yeah, the last few episodes (including the finale) have been more about "let's give them some "epic" moments to talk about the next day" and less about "let's tell a good, smart, believable story".   

Cersei becoming the Mad Queen was fantastic.  Will Jamie kill her just like he did with the Mad King

Destroying the Church was really well filmed.

I loved Arya getting Walder Frey

I also love Lyanna Mormont, she has be outstanding every time she has been on screen.

Well I liked this episode a lot better than the stupid battle.

In the books I'm a Melisandre fan, but show Meli as brought a bit of a popularity problem onto herself. And on the show writers, heh.

Show Cercei is cool.