LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Trilwych

Rift 3.0: Plane of Water (and 2.7: New souls!)

Well, the account-unlock bag and bank slots (bank slots in a different CE) were worth a lot to me since I'm a hoarder. I did the credit calculations But as a casual nonsubbing player, avoiding grind for the earring/PWW unlocks is helpful too.

But shit, the prices on the amender crafting recipes? I'm not sure I can earn all the needed currency across multiple toons to start making money on those by the end of next year. LOL So I've just been checking all the crafting mat markets to see which are up at the moment. Oh well.

I didn't really need more bag slots, but it's nice to have those earring and water unlocks. I don't think I would've ever unlocked them otherwise. I wasn't going to buy the edition for cash, and I wasn't really saving void stones either, I was spending them on fluff. I don't know if I really need those unlocks, but since it's for platinum, why not! :)

This expansion has been kind to me when it comes to platinum -- I bought 7 REX and still have some 4k plat. I wasn't doing anything special, it's mostly all from minions and from selling some nightmare rift drops.

But yep, I'm not making much platinum anymore and I really don't see how I could make it from my professions. I picked apothecary, and potions are even cheaper than mats. And there don't even seem to be any special recipes to buy for daily currency, unlike for other professions.

Apothecary seems to make the most sense for dyes... but the high-level ones can be a hard sell like the epic dimension items. Potions have been largely useless since I started playing Rift, where cap level stats outpace healing/mana potion output too much (it's even worse now that Trion buffed health across classes in 3.0). I did use a few in the level 20-40 range, but that was it. Especially if you have souls with any healing capabilities, potions lose even more value while leveling.

And Trion killed the augment system in 3.0 crafting, which annoys me to no end, as those were another source of potential income besides allowing us to buff our own crafted gear. I discovered later that those salvaged scraps normally used for augments now go to amenders, but with more and more people trying to cash in, I'm not sure the prices will be great (for sellers). With the recipe costs, I really wish Trion would let us trade crafter marks among toons, too.