LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
TaffyIX

Game trailers & video's

Good place to show any cool vid's you may encounter, whether it's gameplay or otherwise.

I'll start it off with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL940XjIl8o

Atropos from Tamriel Foundry takes on a Dark Anchor solo during a livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RjKF4oTmtI

Atropos from Tamriel Foundry takes on a Dark Anchor solo during a livestream:

Since that vid was released, patch notes say

Dark Anchors

More monsters will now spawn at the beginning of the Daedra wave, and they will spawn faster during the event.

Overall difficulty has increased with monsters spawned in during the final boss portion.

Yes Dark Anchors should no longer be soloable, but I've got a feeling that a very select few (Atropos included) may still be able to do it. Some of those that has been in the PTS for a long time and is now streaming the game are really, really, good.

Watching them makes me be ashamed for my own skills.

Speaking of Andrew (Atropos) he is very helpful guy so if folks have questions about things, posting at TF is a fair place to get good feedback directly from him.  Reposting the video of first round of Undaunted dungeons here:

Yes Dark Anchors should no longer be soloable, but I've got a feeling that a very select few (Atropos included) may still be able to do it. Some of those that has been in the PTS for a long time and is now streaming the game are really, really, good.

Watching them makes me be ashamed for my own skills.

But he didn't do it this time so how would he succeed if the instance was buffed up?

But he didn't do it this time so how would he succeed if the instance was buffed up?

I would doubt that soloing some of them would be an option that is intended, given that they were clear about increasing difficulty levels.  That being said, the scaling of the events themselves to group size seems more of the issue.  I noticed that when running these so far in beta (pre buffed up versions) some of the anchor drops are very easily dispatched with a smaller group, but then when there are like 12-15 people around it is really crazy time from adds, kinda like in GW2 dynamic events or Rifts in Rift.  If the buffed up versions are accounting for this factor as well as overall HPs of the bosses at the end, it may simply not be an option to solo them short of being an uber tank or healer, a type which I have no doubt Atropos fits (not to mention a few others already posting similar youtubes of their test time), but which would be a rare feat even for him.  Me... I'd keel over before they even moved :P

I think it's a really smart tactic they use, to have one of their DPS have healing on swap. Many of the instance bosses seem to have single target stun/fear mechanics, and having someone switch to heals when your main healer is affected by it probably helps alot.

I think it's a really smart tactic they use, to have one of their DPS have healing on swap. Many of the instance bosses seem to have single target stun/fear mechanics, and having someone switch to heals when your main healer is affected by it probably helps alot.

Yep :)

I have been thinking about using a restro staff on my nightblade for a second weapon line since I am building Syphoning on him. I obviously haven't played higher level dungeons but it was pretty clear in the ones I did run so far that support for everything is key given there are only 4 of you.  So I tend to think of the second line as "another player" in a way; it kind of makes things really interesting.  Loving the utility that it brings to the group.  Just wish we had an autosave feature to save the various builds instead of having to manually swapout different skills from various lines as he showed, lol.

You are thinking of abandoning the paladin build? :(

Speak to me folks! 

Speaking for myself I have not played a "Paladin" (that is in WoW?) so I am not sure what that means exactly, lol.  I am most definitely looking to create a viable and flexible support tank/healer within the Templar class as the idea appeals to me from my Cappie days in LotrO.

That being said, I think this article here sums up very nicely what we are dealing with when it comes to charcter building in ESO.  I know that for example after this many rounds at beta and trying out all four classes with different build configurations, there is so much room to create your ideal that it is a little hard to pin down exactly how at first.  But, I think as you progress in levels and things really start to get challenging you find your confort zone and then you can see how best to focus what skills you want to have.  It is not a fast track to end game - at least not for this puppie here.

Speaking for myself I have not played a "Paladin" (that is in WoW?) so I am not sure what that means exactly, lol.  I am most definitely looking to create a viable and flexible support tank/healer within the Templar class as the idea appeals to me from my Cappie days in LotrO.

That being said, I think this article here sums up very nicely what we are dealing with when it comes to charcter building in ESO.  I know that for example after this many rounds at beta and trying out all four classes with different build configurations, there is so much room to create your ideal that it is a little hard to pin down exactly how at first.  But, I think as you progress in levels and things really start to get challenging you find your confort zone and then you can see how best to focus what skills you want to have.  It is not a fast track to end game - at least not for this puppie here.

And that is why exactly I am taking the piss :D 

And that is why exactly I am taking the piss :D

Uhm... ok... ? o.O

Hehe. I guess really am slow; I still don't get it, lol.  I consider the templar I am building to be "a heavy support class" lol. 

Well yes, lol.  That is the whole point isn't it? It is really nice to have so many choices and the freedom to build as you like.  At least that is what I like best so far about the game :)

"20 Reasons I will play ESO Vid"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgfp87eUprc

Author brings up some sensible points, well spoken and seems to have a good grasp on what he is looking for in an MMO.