LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Koolio

What happened to LOTRO? Could they not resist screwing it up more?

I logged in for the first time in a couple weeks. Some kind of update since then. Now the game is almost unplayable what with the camara randomly jumping from view to view.

Pure garbage.

Close the doors. No sympathy for any of them.

Today was the first day I've logged in since last weekend. Was on my RK riding my horse when I noticed an odd occasional up and down motion. I swung the view to the side and noticed my horse's feet were below ground - about knee level and after a few seconds would pop back up on top of the ground and then back below.

I don't ever remember seeing that glitch before.

I haven't noticed a camera problem.

Still experiencing lag though.

I'm not aware of any update, except an adjustment to lootbox drop rate for lootbox weekend.

Are you sure you didnt actually hit 'x' which is the default to 'lock camera to target'?

It was maddening the first time I accidentally hit x without realizing it, until I figured out what happened

I never have bothered to bind to another key though. :P

The camara issue seems to be occurring on elevation changes, which are plentiful in Moria. And no Crell, although that does result in some similar behavior, this is completely new.

There is an off chance that I have just gotten used to much more polished and well-engineered games like AoC that I failed to notice it until now /sarc _O-

It was maddening the first time I accidentally hit x without realizing it, until I figured out what happened

I never have bothered to bind to another key though. :P

I hit x while main-healer. We wiped...

The camara issue seems to be occurring on elevation changes, which are plentiful in Moria. And no Crell, although that does result in some similar behavior, this is completely new.

There is an off chance that I have just gotten used to much more polished and well-engineered games like AoC that I failed to notice it until now /sarc _O-

Given that there havent been new patches in weeks, that seems far more likely ;)

I just went back to check a few more things.

Definitely occurs no matter the view setting.

It seems to be right-mouse related, which makes me think they have been reworking the engine to be more compatible with tablet games and are giving up on serious players who like movement and combat. This is definitely something new. Of course if you are mouseclick player you will probably never see it.

Given that there havent been new patches in weeks, that seems far more likely ;)

Whatever there was I had to download, so there has been a patch since I logged in. I don't know what it contained, I had already DL'd 12.2, maybe this was just a fix patch?

yeah, 8.1, but it didn't start until I updated and played today.

And you have succesfully played it on 8.1 before today? It seems the symptoms are the same as I experienced (camera view randomly changing, mostly turning to the sky) and that was solved for me when I ran the FixIt.

That looks like too much of a PITA for this game. Nevermind. Stickdeath awaits :D

And you have succesfully played it on 8.1 before today? It seems the symptoms are the same as I experienced (camera view randomly changing, mostly turning to the sky) and that was solved for me when I ran the FixIt.

yes, the last time after 12.2 was released, though I really can't remember when. I though it was only a couple weeks ago but may have been longer. 

But the links are much appreciated, I've go them bookmarked in case I see it elsewhere.

Are you running Windows 8.1? There is a camera / mouse issue which is affecting many games, like WoW.

See this Microsoft Support article. For LOTRO you will most likely have to use the fixit or the 'Let me fix it myself' part.  

I didn't really want to go regedding for this game so I checked and there have been no windows updates, no mouse driver updates, nothing but a couple of C++ and adobe updates. And of course whatever turbine patch I downloaded yesterday (it was medium size or less, whatever it was). I went in game and reloaded my lotro mouse interface and the problem got noticably better. But the next time in it was gone again. So full reboot and standard (not lotro) mouse load before logging into lotro and this time it stayed. Then tried swapping configs in game and it stayed. Okay back to normal mostly.

I've been through at least a dozen games now and have seen no impact anywhere. Lotro is better, at least playable, but the behavior still persists and seems to be dependent on mouse tracking and right click sync. A little playing with dpi and sensitivity tells me that could be tweaked. I have not set up any device macros or anything on this box so only the mouse is driving via USB.

tl;dr

lotro mouse issues may be a conflict with your mouse setup, starting fresh seemed to sync it back up.