LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
Tinker

Achievements

No, only the accumulated points are shared. The classes have different PA bonuses, and you still have to pick where to put them.

PRO TIP: Look at all the PA panels and find the ones that grant you an additional planar charge. These are extremely useful for a variety of things later on, like weapon buffs, surviving more difficult Storm Legion zone events, etc.

(i.e. you don't have to stick with leveling only one PA element at a time - respeccing PA points is free the first time but costs 100 plat after that)

Thanks!

I chose water and air first for my cleric. So yeah there is planar charge increase in there for both.

I did not choose it yet because - well - I always forget to use them anyway when doing a zone event or a rift.

I still proudly wear my noob status :P.

I though the first free respec you get is only at 60?

Or could you do it anytime?

However I do not plan to do it for now fer sure.

Other than that this is great. Like sharing virtues or relics on account...

Maybe it's level 60, not sure. Honestly, I never used my planar charges until the Storm Legion zone events. Some of those bosses wipe raids quick, heh heh.

I never used my planar charges until the Storm Legion zone events. Some of those bosses wipe raids quick, heh heh.

Yeah, planar charges aren't that important until you start doing that kind of content, but when you do they really make a difference, if you have all of the available planar charges trained then you can constantly buff yourself with (oh crap I forgot it's name lol) the buff that makes you bigger and bolsters your DPS and defences, especially useful in great hunts etc.

Yeah, planar charges aren't that important until you start doing that kind of content, but when you do they really make a difference, if you have all of the available planar charges trained then you can constantly buff yourself with (oh crap I forgot it's name lol) the buff that makes you bigger and bolsters your DPS and defences, especially useful in great hunts etc.

planar ascension or something like that.

Edit: Fury of the Ascended actually

Edit: Fury of the Ascended actually

That's the kiddie! My mind just totally blanked out, don't you just hate it when you know something and just can't bring it to the front of your mind?

Dont forget to use planar chargers to build the guns and healing wells when you are doing the daily defend area quests

^-Onslaughts.

Ember Isle has those planar charge crystals too. That's where I did meeeeellions* of onslaughts to farm notoriety for the faction mount.

*Only a slight exaggeration. I was doing ~20 dailies including onslaughts per day for that thing.

*is so confused.. but that's okay ^^ I'll get there*

Andro.. I'm absolutely horrid at remembering skill names, in all games.  But I know what the icons look like and what they do, so that's enough!

You don't have to worry about the above Planar Attunement/charges discussion until level 50 onwards. :P

I go by icons too. The Fury of the Ascended buff you can use with planar charges----that one is my ORANGE SQUARE OF POWER, placed in its special spot right in the middle of my toolbars. 

Visual memory is one reason why I tend to use the same 1-2 souls across role builds for a class. ^^;

ORANGE SQUARE OF POWER.  Seems a much better name imo.

I agree, from hence forth I decree that it shall be named so and all my guildies will call it thus! :D

So reached 60 the other day and started out with chronicles.

Now I still wonder what the best path is.

You get some nice gear in them but I am not sure how often the upgrade items (nexus warped power cores) drop and whether it is worth to hope for these drops or progress in another way.

In any case there is still so much to do like finishing zone quests to boost some rep, rep in general, etc...

Chronicles are similar to upgraded world gear vendors and intended to help gear people for expert dungeons, which then prepare people for raids. The downside of chronicle drops would be, yes, the rare/epic nexus cores, entirely RNG-based. I ended up having triple (or quadruple, lost track)-upgraded world gear since I love zone events, though, so I really only kept chronicle drops for cosmetic purposes or either salvaged/runebroke for mats.

You get those dungeon currency marks from chronicles too, though, and it's possible to slowly barter for expert dungeon gear that way. I did enough chron runs (with token buffs) to barter for two dungeon pieces, but I'm not getting into progression raiding so that's good enough for me. In fact, I think someone calculated on the forums that chronicle runs give more dungeon marks per time investment than expert dungeons. :P

I still haven't tried to solo a couple of the harder level 60 duo chronicles, but I'll get around to the attempts eventually. XD

There is, I believe, a "new level 60 guide" thread or threads on the Rift OF, might be worth checking out. Probably written for progression raiding. I'm still slowly working on factions, but I'm not worried about maxing everything ASAP given my current playstyle.

Edit to add: Oh yeah, there's the initial level 50 chronicle that introduces you to chrons in general. That one's OLD WORLD and doesn't give SL dungeon marks, but I forget the name and it depends on your faction....

Chronicles are similar to upgraded world gear vendors and intended to help gear people for expert dungeons, which then prepare people for raids. The downside of chronicle drops would be, yes, the rare/epic nexus cores, entirely RNG-based. I ended up having triple-upgraded world gear since I love zone events, though, so I really only kept chronicle drops for cosmetic purposes or either salvaged/runebroke for mats.

You get those dungeon currency marks from chronicles too, though, and it's possible to slowly barter for expert dungeon gear that way. I did enough chron runs (with token buffs) to barter for two dungeon pieces, but I'm not getting into progression raiding so that's good enough for me. In fact, I think someone calculated on the forums that chronicle runs give more dungeon marks per time investment than expert dungeons. :P

I still haven't tried to solo a couple of the harder level 60 duo chronicles, but I'll get around to the attempts eventually. XD

There is, I believe, a "new level 60 guide" thread or threads on the Rift OF, might be worth checking out. Probably written for progression raiding. I'm still slowly working on factions, but I'm not worried about maxing everything ASAP given my current playstyle.

Thanks.

Yes I have already studied "the one level 60 guide" quite a bit and try to follow some of it.

I do not plan to ever get raid gear as I simply do not have the time and time commitment for raiding. However I would like to be ready for experts and trying for that.

I got some nice weapon already from a zone event but I was not sure what the best way to get the gear is. I also do not know how much of a variety is in the loot for a single Chronicle (let's say heroe's rise or queen's gambit e.g.). I got some double stuff already.

I doubt i will get enough slayer marks for expert gear in the near future and whenever I log in i just try to do "something" that is fun and gets me a bit further i.e. either chronicle, zone events, hunt rifts or finish up questing.

I want to get ready for dungeon healing so I guess i have to do quite some dendrome or steppes zone events testing a dungeon healing setup.

I find it harder to get information about all these things than i found it for Lotro. But that might be just me and not being used to terminology and how to search properly (and the gazillion of video guides and tutorials is getting annoying - I want to read that stuff instead and not watch and listen).

And my next plan is to get my two main crafters to 48 to get the to tempest bay. I could also try to guild them and ask for a banner or wait for the next world event where I hope I could get a port to Tempest Bay if some world event action wold be there.

No, you're right, Rift information tends to be a whole lot less concentrated than LotRO information, but I also think there's just a whole lot more to do in Rift than LotRO. I find information tends to be a lot more partitioned, like finding "warrior tank soul guides" specifically is easier than just looking for a broad wiki.

The "best" way to get gear really depends on how much of what you're willing to invest and for what, I guess. If you don't want to grind chronicles for the dungeon currency, then hitting every zone event that's up (mentor down!) is one way to accumulate world currency quickly for upgraded world gear barters; zone dailies including onslaughts for rep and more world currency. A number of zone events give rep too. Do every carnage quest you can find. Keep your notoriety/token/etc. buffs active if patron.

Man. I wish Trion didn't close TB/SL off to lowbies, but I guess that's one easy way to slow down botters/farmers. I first ran to Tempest Bay (well, to one of the SL cities that port you there) under level 30, I think. Like running to Rivendell at level 10, pretty fun. :)

Personally to prepare for experts I simply grind out carnage quests in any of the SL lands to get infinity stones, I then buy the world gear with IS and with the money I've earned doing the quests I buy player crafted purple helmet, belt and rings.

There's also a really easy quest line you can do from the shepherd in ashore to get a necklace, this quest is kind of an introductory to upgrading as you get a blue upgradable necklace then continue the quest to get an upgrade part that turns it into a pretty good purple necklace (it used to be best in slot for expert gearing)

Oh yeah, both story quest lines in SL lead to decent starter gear. At minimum I'd do those quests too, besides which those lines tend to be better quality quests anyway...

Personally to prepare for experts I simply grind out carnage quests in any of the SL lands to get infinity stones, I then buy the world gear with IS and with the money I've earned doing the quests I buy player crafted purple helmet, belt and rings.

There's also a really easy quest line you can do from the shepherd in ashore to get a necklace, this quest is kind of an introductory to upgrading as you get a blue upgradable necklace then continue the quest to get an upgrade part that turns it into a pretty good purple necklace (it used to be best in slot for expert gearing)

I did that Ashora questline like two days ago.

And the dailies there seem to be a nice source of plat.

I have quite a lot of carnage quests sitting in my log right for the dendrome that just got picked up during zone events I jumped on. Otherwise I usually clear them up while I am doing a certain zone.

But I guess questlines in Ashora and Dendrome are more geared towards repeatables as people usually already are 60 when they get there and arent looking for much more drawn out story lines like in eastern holdings e.g.

I did that Ashora questline like two days ago.

And the dailies there seem to be a nice source of plat.

I have quite a lot of carnage quests sitting in my log right for the dendrome that just got picked up during zone events I jumped on. Otherwise I usually clear them up while I am doing a certain zone.

But I guess questlines in Ashora and Dendrome are more geared towards repeatables as people usually already are 60 when they get there and arent looking for much more drawn out story lines like in eastern holdings e.g.

Yeah they're mostly daily repeatable quests in ashore, dendrome and steps of infinity, although each does have its storyline.

If you want to farm Infinity Stone, there's three dailies in Dendrome that are a must, one in one in each of the three main camps, these three quests actually have the exact same goal and can be completed at the same time, you literally have to run around dendrome and use an ability to trap 50 little green whisps that float around, it's easy to do (takes about 10 minutes once you know where they spawn most) and you basically complete three quests at once. When I get in game tonight i'll take note of where they are and what they're called and let you know (you might have to do the dendrome storylines to unlock them though).

My routine each night is to complete the following:

• All three Motte quests in Dendrome (about 15 minutes)
  • Hero Rises chronicle (about 10 minutes once you get used to it)
  • 5x Daily quests from the camp next to the lowest portal in Ashora (about 20 minutes)
With my 40% token bonus from patron that gives me nearly 2000 Infinity Stone for less than an hours work.

It's actually a hell of a lot easier to farm infinity stones since the last big patch too, now all of the storm legion zones reward infinity stones for carnage quests and daily quests whereas before only the three level 60 zones rewarded them, so there's a lot of ways to get them, I tend to do all the carnage quests in SL on all my chars when they hit +50 and then send all the gathered infinity stones to my main so I can supply my alts with the reputation gear.

Dusken is rather fun too... if horribly morbid and gross in places.

One of the storyline quests in Dusken gives my favorite staff model for cosmetic purposes, along with some nice things at the end (been a while, don't remember exactly what). Not to mention anyone into dimensions should do the Nug questline starting in Seratos that unlocks a bunch of Nug decorations.

I tend to skip carnages and have gotten most my infinity stones from zone event hunting, including Mathosia, but that's just me.

....I'm super tired due to lack of sleep so my posts may not be coherent today, heh. Were we talking about achievements at some point? *peer at thread title* I need to complete that artifact set that gives the title Liberator!

Dusken is rather fun too... if horribly morbid and gross in places.

One of the storyline quests in Dusken gives my favorite staff model for cosmetic purposes, along with some nice things at the end (been a while, don't remember exactly what). Not to mention anyone into dimensions should do the Nug questline starting in Seratos that unlocks a bunch of Nug decorations.

I tend to skip carnages and have gotten most my infinity stones from zone event hunting, including Mathosia, but that's just me.

....I'm super tired due to lack of sleep so my posts may not be coherent today, heh. Were we talking about achievements at some point? *peer at thread title* I need to complete that artifact set that gives the title Liberator!

Oh yeah I forgot, in Dusken, Kingdom of Pelladane, at the western most portal in the hut at the bottom of the stairs there's a quest chain that similar to the necklace one that gives a really good upgraded cloak which is great for starter SLE's while you farm rep for the torvan cloaks.