LOTROCommunity

Turbine purges their post pledging "convenience not advantage" after putting store only relics for sale

Da Brudders

It's certainly a quick way to make 500 silver, but it also seems quite ... well, stupid. It's not hard to make silver through normal gameplay. By giving the store armour such a value, it would become a target for gold sellers (which Turbine can't seem to combat effectively, as it is). Armour has not had a silver value of over 20 (at least from what I have seen), so it seems pretty useless to make store armour more valuable.

Just chalk this up as being another Turbine idea that is J.N.W.T.O (Just Not Well Thought-Out).

WHAT?

I didn't know until I checked the original but the full quote is

Maybe this is the best way to put it?

The LOTRO Store will offer convience, not advantage.

And besides, you won't be able to buy gold. ;)

Hopefully that clears up any confusion about my post.

Ah. Expensive gold.

Not for somebody breaking into your account.

And since Turbine does not allow removing you credit card from the account (even if you don't have a subscription) they can do it as often as they want).

Not for somebody breaking into your account.

And since Turbine does not allow removing you credit card from the account (even if you don't have a subscription) they can do it as often as they want).

You can remove your card from your account. Go to http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic and select LOTRO, then select billing update/error and then you can select remove card

Fill in the details and you will get an automated response. Reply to this email with the request info and they will remove your card. I did it a while back, around the time of the hack, and it took less than a day.

You can remove your card from your account. Go to http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic and select LOTRO, then select billing update/error and then you can select remove card

Fill in the details and you will get an automated response. Reply to this email with the request info and they will remove your card. I did it a while back, around the time of the hack, and it took less than a day.

Oh, myself I don't need it (one-time cancelable credit cards numbers).

I was talking about the general population.

So what do you do when the statement you want buried just won't go away and people keep on bringing it back up? Redefine the statement in subjective terms so that it means whatever you want it to mean:

• What’s not a convenience?

Anything that’s compulsory to be competitive in ranked play or achieves something by degrading another player’s experience. We have not and will not make that part of our F2P offering.

My second post in the new thread on the official forums has placed me on moderation.... it doesn't even appear in my list with posts.

To me that says enough about the damage control that is taking place atm. It also seems to indicate posts are already screened when they are typed. I wonder why my first post is still there, unedited.

To me that says enough about the damage control that is taking place atm. It also seems to indicate posts are already screened when they are typed.

Hold on, what exactly make you think somebody can see your posts before you hit submit?

Hold on, what exactly make you think somebody can see your posts before you hit submit?

We had this whole mess where DarkCntry managed to respond to a post before it had actually been made. Either he's got very good at fighting off anything that would harm his precious Turbine, so much so that he's actually starting to think like us, or he saw the post before it was made.

I sent you a PM about this, last night.

People, please notice that posts in that thread do not show up as posts you made when you check your post history.

I can't see my one post of last night, that is still visible in that thread, neither from the account I posted it on, nor from a premium account that I have. And I can't see any of your posts about this in your post history either, when I try.

There is not supposed to be a record of these posts kept, once it's unstickied, closed, and let go, Turbine will consider this a taboo subject.

Very disappointing practice.

We had this whole mess where DarkCntry managed to respond to a post before it had actually been made. Either he's got very good at fighting off anything that would harm his precious Turbine, so much so that he's actually starting to think like us, or he saw the post before it was made.

Oh I remember. I was one of the main observers of that little incident.

I want confirmation from somebody else than me.

Oh I remember. I was one of the main observers of that little incident.

I want confirmation from somebody else than me.

I will chime in. I was the one DrkCntry tapped, I was the one formulating a post, and I was the one he responded to out of context, before I had hit submit. The thread referencing that is still in the forum here. Pretty creepy. Celestrata even sent me private PM's about the issue in an attempt to assuage my concerns. Very Orwellian. The thread is gone from the official forum I believe. I think what was going on is that he or someone else had attempted to debunk an issue, I had read that response and was going to rip that bunk a new hole, and he quoted one of my previous posts but referred in that post to subject matter I hadn't even written. It was concerning Hajiles forum ban if memory serves. I believe another forum member used some software to find out that Turbines server does indeed temp save posts before you hit submit, and it's not much of a stretch to go to the hypothesis that someone could access that information since it is there, even if only temporarily every minute or so. I also think that forum member got spanked by Turbine for proving it in a way they couldn't deny.