LOTROCommunity
Sign in to follow this  
LordVorontur

Star Wars The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds.

I would not call it an expansion, more of an update in my eyes

I like the shared storage option that is coming. Hopefully you will be able to craft from items in shared storage.

+1

There is an increasing trend to call things more than they really are.  Patches become Updates and Updates become Expansions. 

So.

Trailer and announcement for new Digital Expansion for SWTOR.

Weee I'm so glad they didn't do an analog expansion.

Thankfully, I have gametime left, so I will be a subscriber for most of this stuff!

http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds

My sub has run out but I was planning to get one of the 60 day gametime cards from Amazon for £14.95 towards the end of April so I should get the extra 1000 points and the Nar Shaddaa house

There is an increasing trend to call things more than they really are.  Patches become Updates and Updates become Expansions. 

I guess we should give credit to Turbine for never doing this - unlike some other unnamed MMOs.

I like the shared storage option that is coming. Hopefully you will be able to craft from items in shared storage.

i would call it a mini expansion which seems to be a trend now with many of the f2p/hybrid types out there.

ones like strongholds and starfighter which are more fluff and QoL kinda things

and others like the Hutts in which focus more on new planetary bodies for your toons to chew thru.

EA/BW also say to expect another mini expac this year along the lines ot the Hutts

while i can take or leave player housing it is something folks have asked for since before the game launched and it is nice to see it coming.

i like the idea you can have more then one house in your legacy though i wish we were not limited to the capital worlds and nar shadaa.

i also really like the idea having able to show off trophies in your home or guild ship.

but what i am really excited about is legacy storage. (though that will not go live until official launch in august)

while i can take or leave player housing it is something folks have asked for since before the game launched and it is nice to see it coming.

i like the idea you can have more then one house in your legacy though i wish we were not limited to the capital worlds and nar shadaa.

i also really like the idea having able to show off trophies in your home or guild ship.

Folks have been asking for 1001 things about PvP since before the launch as well and nothing people asked about was added (apart from 2 warzones) :P What i mean is that it was added most likely NOT because people asked for it. They probably just ahd it in their plans and now they do it.

It is ok to see housing coming but in general i'm rather "meh" about this.

I was very excited about GSF but it got boring very quickly for me and i have not set my foot in GSF for a very long time now. I bet it is going to be the same with housing. Just like in LOTRO i was almost never visiting my house, it's probably going to be the same in SWTOR.

Just a fluff nothing more.

And i deffinitely would not call this an expansion. It's just a small size update, nothing more.

I'm billy-no-mates, sadly.

What server you are on? If i remember you are on TRE?

Due to my humerus bone beeing broken i have not played for around a month now so my sub ran out. I'm thinking of resubbing again (play EvE now as it does not require 2 hands ;) ) so maybe can at least grab some datacrons together? (always liked to do it with other people). The only condition is that you have to be on imperial side ;)

Yes, I'm on The Red Eclipse.

I have imp side chars, but currently levelling on Rep side on my main getting through Nar Shaddaa bonus series before I go on my Sage for Tatooine/Alderaan.

Btw, anyone know if there's any decent multi-boxing prog for SWTOR?

Yes, I'm on The Red Eclipse.

I have imp side chars, but currently levelling on Rep side on my main getting through Nar Shaddaa bonus series before I go on my Sage for Tatooine/Alderaan.

Seen a few people asking in chat for some to join guild so they can create one and then they can leave. Not sure you need to keep a set number in the guild just have them to create it.

I don't know what minimum number is, but if I could get hold of multi-boxing progs, I'd just create a few f2p accounts and do it that way.

When in doubt, there's always ISBoxer

I don't know what minimum number is, but if I could get hold of multi-boxing progs, I'd just create a few f2p accounts and do it that way.

According to this you need 4 people at level 10 and 5000 credit

I wish the game engine allowed for the larger scale pvp.  Announcements like this really make me want to sub but the game engine seems to act like something of a dead end sign to me.

The housing is intriguing and a great addition, in my opinion, especially if it is free placement.

How has the Galactic Starfighter feature been for people? Anybody have thoughts?

I have found Galactic Starfighter to be difficult. I think the problem is the first ships your get are not that good, but you need to use them, unless you buy others in the store, and earn points to make them better. However other players that have been playing for longer have better ships and I just keep dying without doing much damages to anyone.

It is a bit like when you first get to max level and do a warzone only to find the other players have far better gear than you and you have little chance of killing anyone on your own

I have found Galactic Starfighter to be difficult. I think the problem is the first ships your get are not that good, but you need to use them, unless you buy others in the store, and earn points to make them better. However other players that have been playing for longer have better ships and I just keep dying without doing much damages to anyone.

It is a bit like when you first get to max level and do a warzone only to find the other players have far better gear than you and you have little chance of killing anyone on your own

Try a Gunship, I found I could still be of use and get kills on my Imp with those even though I have barely done any Starfighter on him. Scouts are especially weak until levelled I found on my main.

Sounds 

Sounds like your first forays out into the Moors in LOTRO.